Did JA get ambushed by Dr. Rickenbach?

Nope. He was not as impressive a witness as Dr. Vass, but they were dealing with two entirely different perspectives on the evidence. I think JA did a great job clarifying the confusion JB created when he exploited that fact, and by the way, JB deserves some credit for trying to exploit what could have been a point of confusion for the jury (though he failed, as usual, owing to his penchant for pursuing the GOTCHA! moment to he exclusion of making his meaning clear).

IMO Dr. Rickenbach's testimony versus Dr. Vass was like apples to oranges. Dr. Rickenbach was testifying to finding chloroform in the carpet sample and he testified that he found low levels compared to his "control." However, he was surprised to find chloroform in the carpet sample. He stated that while household cleansers "could" cause low levels of chloroform levels in the carpet sample, Dr. Vass stated that Febreze did not contain chloroform. And we all know that that trunk was nasty when it was inspected, with bags of trash, etc. If KC tried to clean it, why didn't she throw away the trash bag? JMO

Dr Vass testified to the chloroform in the air. There were shockingly high levels of chloroform in the air. This was surprising to me, because the trunk sat for weeks at the Amscot before being driven to the Anthony home. This tells me that there was chloroform in that trunk that had evaporated into the air. JMO.

IMO Dr. Rickenbach's testimony versus Dr. Vass was like apples to oranges. Dr. Rickenbach was testifying to finding chloroform in the carpet sample and he testified that he found low levels compared to his "control." However, he was surprised to find chloroform in the carpet sample. He stated that while household cleansers "could" cause low levels of chloroform levels in the carpet sample, Dr. Vass stated that Febreze did not contain chloroform. And we all know that that trunk was nasty when it was inspected, with bags of trash, etc. If KC tried to clean it, why didn't she throw away the trash bag? JMO

Dr Vass testified to the chloroform in the air. There were shockingly high levels of chloroform in the air. This was surprising to me, because the trunk sat for weeks at the Amscot before being driven to the Anthony home. This tells me that there was chloroform in that trunk that had evaporated into the air. JMO.

Dr. Rickenbach said something about testing the "headspace" in relation to the carpet sample, so I think he tested the air, as well.

I honestly don't think it's that big of a deal and I'm a big worrier. Just wait until the computer forensics guy comes in with the chloroform searches. In fact, the computer forensics guy thinks Casey deleted the chloroform searches the day Casey was interviewed by Melich which shows consciousness of guilt. You have to read this article:

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/06/06/caylee-anthony-case-consciousness-of-guilt/

Awesome!:great:
This gives me hope! :woohoo:
Thanks! :blowkiss:

Am I correct that Dr R was testing the carpet samples, while Dr V was testing the headspace air in a sealed container of a carpet sample?

No, that is incorrect. They both tested the headspace air, but I think a lot of people have misunderstood that.

No, that is incorrect. They both tested the headspace air, but I think a lot of people have misunderstood that.

No, that is incorrect. The FBI were testing carpet samples. Body Farm- air samples. Variables completely different.

The mainstream media has been spreading misinformation- which is why people don't understand this distinction. The media has been saying the two testimonies contradict each other. They don't.

If journalists can't understand this from watching the trial, how can we expect the jury to understand the difference? This concerns me.

Our media is responsible for spreading so much misinformation and generally dumbing down the public instead of informing them.

I agree I was of the understanding that the difference is, Body Farm Air and FBI surface tests.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back