Did Jurors Talk About Case during Trial Against Judge's Orders?

Did the Jurors Discuss This Case During Trial Against Judge's Orders?

• Yes

Votes: 669 93.2%
  • No

Votes: 49 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Were the jurors aware that both JB and JA -- mostly JB -- kept ignoring the judge's orders? If so, maybe they figured, "Heck, if they can ignore the judge and get away with it so can we. Now, let's talk about the case..." JMO
No they never knew what was going on. I always wondered if they would think all of the delays during the defense case because the prosecution was trying to hide something.

OK guys, I have added a poll. Please vote!

When Karen Levy the court coordinator met with the media this morning she mentioned that a few days ago all TV was taken away from the jurors because they found out some channels were picking up news from parent companies. So why didn't they declare a mistrial? What if these jurors were listening to JVM or Geraldo?

i don't even begin to understand... so even if there was misconduct, it's just... okay? how is this justice? i am so confused and disappointed and upset.

When Karen Levy the court coordinator met with the media this morning she mentioned that a few days ago all TV was taken away from the jurors because they found out some channels were picking up news from parent companies. So why didn't they declare a mistrial? What if these jurors were listening to JVM or Geraldo?

WOW!!! I have been living this trial and I cannot believe that I didn't hear that. I do not understand how that did not lead to an inquiry at the very least. How did this happen???

Not read post. But this is really neither here nor there in the grand scheme of things in this case.

A jury system does not require that jurors discuss case whilst ongoing to be fair. Indeed there were suggestions in Florida (I think includinf from OH Eaton) that jurors be allowed to do so.

I'm pretty sure they did discuss things amongst themselves. I think they went into that jury room decided, and decided to wait until today to announce it to make it look like they had put the time in to deliberate. They came in this morning dressed up. They knew they were going to announce their verdict. I think it's extremely possible that sequestration had the effect of bonding everyone to the extent that it would be really difficult to go against the grain. I think they made up their minds early on, and filtered everything they heard through that lens.

Obviously, this is all speculation and my opinion.

I'd say it is possible. But they sure duped the media with all their little fake gestures. And not looking at Casey when they came in.

people are people...sure they did. Use common sense

Why should I use common sense? The jury didn't.

(Sorry Olive ... no offense meant to you at all .... I'm just venting! )

I heard that from Karen Levy also that the jurors had seen things on TV that were 'crossed' or something from tv stations so they shut off all the tvs. But I still believe these jurors have been talking to each other thru this whole trial in each other's rooms. Do the guards keep them from each other's rooms? Do they each have their own room during the trial?

WOW!!! I have been living this trial and I cannot believe that I didn't hear that. I do not understand how that did not lead to an inquiry at the very least. How did this happen???

I voted yes....don't know for sure of course...but something happened...someone got to them or somehow they listened to the media who kept portraying KC as innocent or they listened to LKB...someone, somewhere, somehow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I do think they ended up talking to each other. I say this because of the huge amount of "down time" while the attorneys battled out other issues in court. After hearing so much testimony, I do believe they started using their down time talking about what they had already heard. How else can such a quick verdict be reached when there was so much evidence to review. It feels like they didn't really review much evidence at all.

I think Judge Perry tried TOO hard not to have a mistrial...I don't think he ever considered there would be an acquittal...

No!!! Remember when they all got together and requested that evidence back a couple of weeks or more ago? They wanted to see #313 again? I was thinking at the time....WTF??? Why would they ask that unless they've been discussing this!!!! Can't imagine how JP didn't notice that.

CM noticed it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Judge Perry tried TOO hard not to have a mistrial...I don't think he ever considered there would be an acquittal...

So much for thinking so highly of JP ...IMO He seemed more concerned with moving it along instead of a truly unbiased judgment...IMO

Yep, and I bet the tax payers cost issue weighted heavy on his mind.

Sure they talked beforehand. After hearing the alternate juror and his "we" comments, it is basic common sense.

Er..wait a minute... perhaps a LE officer forced him to say "we" not "I".

No wait- I know what it is, the juror was raised wrong and thinks "we" means "I". His parents did it.

Oh how silly of me, the person that was filming the original tape hid it and altered it. He said "I" but they dubbed in "we".

Nah, the juror is as pure as the driven snow.

I believe they did discuss the trial.. there is no way all 12 of them on their own thought she was not guilty... no way

I believe they discussed it. There's a reason they didn't to see a single piece of evidence while they deliberated - they had already decided among themselves.

So much for thinking so highly of JP ...IMO He seemed more concerned with moving it along instead of a truly unbiased judgment...IMO
I have to say I agree. In hindsight I think he was too worried about moving it along in jury selection and never got a properly death qualified jury.

I believe they did discuss the trial.. there is no way all 12 of them on their own thought she was not guilty... no way
I absolutely agree. When you have polls where 86% of people say she is guilty it makes no sense that 100% of the jury would disagree.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back