Did Lee, the Anthonys' or a friend have a police scanner?

I have never heard of a single state that has laws against owning a police scanner. They broadcast over open frequencies, there is no way they can regulate that. Even if they did have a police scanner, what difference would it make? The detectives aren't discussing this case on open frequencies.

As to the body found in a "strange place", I don't find anything strange about it. In fact, this is the kind of area where I suggested she would be found - an area deserted during a certain time of day, close to her house and not far off the road. You know how I knew this? Because this is the way people (unless they're psychopaths, which would mean a whole different emotional dynamic) tend to get rid of bodies. No one wants to be caught with a dead body in the car so they dispose of it as rapidly as they can.

Bev, I'm missed you. :)

I've missed you too, Chilly. I don't find this an unusual or strange case, this happens every day of the week, the circumstances surrounding it may be different but the results are always the same.

That is just a traffic type channel..there are loads of other more interesting one's on a scanner. :)
My daughter dated a County Sherrif for awhile and insisted she have a scanner so she knew he was o.k. They have a direct private channel that no one can hear but LE but all the others are very interesting.

Right, Manny ...

Routine dispatched calls and "chatter," yes, you can eavesdrop on utilizing a scanner. However, regarding any sensitive information/dialogue/covert operations, LE uses specific channels that a scanner CANNOT pick up.

I've missed you too, Chilly. I don't find this an unusual or strange case, this happens every day of the week, the circumstances surrounding it may be different but the results are always the same.

I completely agree. It's a sad fact that children are killed every day by their parents. Usually there's a blurb in the media and that's all we hear about it until the trial is over and the offender is sentenced. I'm sure a lot of the same types of things happen in those cases - unbelievable stories about what 'really' happened to the child - grandparents who don't want to accept reality, etc. The media latched on to this case and has sensationalized it and spun it entirely out of control. It's not about Caylee. It's about Crimetainment. I feel guilty for allowing them to drag me in, yet I can't pull myself away.

Whoa Excellant question- maybe SOMEONE heard Roys calls back in August through the scanner- and checked it out themselves- hmmmmmmmm

That's my thinking right now and after all the investagative shows tonight, I'm thinking one of the PI's for sure.
This info taping the scene was done with some advance kind of knowledge. :confused:

I have never heard of a single state that has laws against owning a police scanner. They broadcast over open frequencies, there is no way they can regulate that. Even if they did have a police scanner, what difference would it make? The detectives aren't discussing this case on open frequencies.

As to the body found in a "strange place", I don't find anything strange about it. In fact, this is the kind of area where I suggested she would be found - an area deserted during a certain time of day, close to her house and not far off the road. You know how I knew this? Because this is the way people (unless they're psychopaths, which would mean a whole different emotional dynamic) tend to get rid of bodies. No one wants to be caught with a dead body in the car so they dispose of it as rapidly as they can.

I bolded your quote about what difference would it make. Well the PI wouldn't have known to tape that location, possibly mudding the waters for the prosecution. That is one biggie that makes a huge difference.
I guess what I meant about strange is that she really was findable, but no body found her.
I know that LE can go to a channel that no one can tap into when they want.
But the 911 calls from MR that were dispatched back in August, I guarantee were not put on another channel.

You can actually pick up the police scanner online. When this case first began and we were wondering if Casey was going to be re-arrested, some nice person gave us all a link to police scanners in that area.

Really? Very interesting, can you or someone post a link to listening to police scanners online? TIA

I had a scanner for years. I have two scanner one a portable that I take everywhere to listen to in the car. and one that a base set(yes I am nosey) I know here in Illnios if something big is going on they go private channel. but you can still hear bit and pieces. our LE using their cell phones alot anymore(make me mad)but we are of rural area so sometime their cell phone will not work. just now about three mile A guy just hunged his self. DOA LAst week he try to overdose. I heard all that was going on because their cell phone don't work in this area. With GA being LE I bet they all have scanner. That bring up the fact if they do they should hear the car that was left at Amscot called in.

this could be the case. An ex of mine worked for a towing company that le called to tow the carnage of horrible accidents. He used a scanner to listen for potential situations in which he may be called to.

Once, he threatened suicide to manipulate me, and then hung up the phone and wouldn't answer when i called back. So i called 911. He heard the dispatch for the police to check him (by name) for potential suicide (by knife) at his address. Of course, all the people he worked with were also listening.

He called me back, frantic, telling me to call them back and tell them i was mistaken! I didn't...and he never pulled that crap on me again.

But he sure knew ahead of time that he needed to open the door and appear calm, etc.
lol:)

The man across the street from me has a police scanner- hears all the calls, etc- I am in Florida and they are allowed.

Florida currently prohibits scanner installion in a vehicle unless the operator has an FCC issued radio license. However, from what I have experienced, they are legal for use/listening at home (with some restrictions).

Florida's Mobile Scanner Law
http://www.gars.net/scnlawfl.htm
843.16 Unlawful to install radio equipment using assigned frequency of state or law enforcement officers; definitions; exceptions; penalties

I completely agree. It's a sad fact that children are killed every day by their parents. Usually there's a blurb in the media and that's all we hear about it until the trial is over and the offender is sentenced. I'm sure a lot of the same types of things happen in those cases - unbelievable stories about what 'really' happened to the child - grandparents who don't want to accept reality, etc. The media latched on to this case and has sensationalized it and spun it entirely out of control. It's not about Caylee. It's about Crimetainment. I feel guilty for allowing them to drag me in, yet I can't pull myself away.

~Chilly~ I have to agree with you on this. I have been thinking about the media and all the spin on this case, one of thousands, and for whatever reason everyone has hopped on the gravy train. I wonder where all of this will leave Caylee? Everyone is trying to figure out every aspect of this mystery, yet it really isnt much of a mystery anymore. It seems like everyone is popping "goofy" pills and running in and out of revolving doors. The only rational reason for this is to confuse.~

It seems to me that IF there were a kidnapping, or an accident, it would have been mentioned by the defense by now. The Bombshell news that was promised never happened. Why? Because there was no bombshell. There was no "alive" Caylee. There was no pizza. Everything has been over-analyzed and made more complicated than it really is. Its absurd to compare Daffy Duck to Einstein. We all need to remember that no matter what else has gone on, Caylee lost her life, her mom did not report her misssing, and has done nothing to aid the investigation. Easy to remember those 3 things.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonleblanc061975@gmail.
Back