Did Travis know Arias was coming to his house the night he was murdered?

Did Travis know Arias was coming to his home the night she murdered him?

• Yes, he knew.

Votes: 106 12.2%
  • No, he didn't know.

Votes: 632 72.7%
  • Other combination (yes and no)

Votes: 46 5.3%
  • I don't know

Votes: 85 9.8%

• Total voters
I still believe he had no idea she was coming.

She showed up unannounced just like she had always done.

I voted no, but I think she might have called a couple of minutes before and gave him some excuse as to why.

I voted no, but I think she might have called a couple of minutes before and gave him some excuse as to why.

There's no record of her calling close to her arrival. The last time they spoke was when Travis called her at 3:04 am and 3:21 am on June 2 - about 58 hours before she was at Travis house (according to the time stamps on the nude pics).

To put these calls in context, Arias had already called Travis three times that morning, and he hadn't answered once. IMO, she said something in her third message that was frightening enough to make him call. She then calls him two more times later that day, and four times the next day (June 3) but he doesn't answer once.

After that, her phone is off for 27 hours - the time she's in Arizona.

To my mind, this makes it clear that he didn't know she was coming. Even if they were having a secret meeting, there would be no reason not to talk on the phone, because no one else would know about their phone calls. The reason they didn't talk on the phone after 3:21 am on June 2 was because (a) Travis didn't want to - all her calls went to voicemail - and (b) Arias had to hide the fact that she was in Arizona, because she was going there to kill him.

It's also clear, from text messages sent a week before, on May 26, that he wants absolutely nothing to do with her. This is when he tells her:

"...I don't want your apology. I want you to understand what I think of you. I want you to understand how evil I think you are. You are the worst thing that ever happened to me. You are a sociopath. You only cry for yourself. You have never cared about me, and you have betrayed me worse than any example I could conjure. You are sick and you scammed me..."

Now people might have sex with someone they don't particularly care for, but very few people will have sex (or any kind of contact) with someone who actually revolts and disgusts them, as Arias clearly revolted and disgusted Travis by that time.

And it seems she got the message loud and clear. Two days later, on May 28, the gun is 'stolen' from her grandparents' house. She knew she wasn't welcome in his life, let alone his home.

There's no record of her calling close to her arrival. The last time they spoke was when Travis called her at 3:04 am and 3:21 am on June 2 - about 58 hours before she was at Travis house (according to the time stamps on the nude pics).

To put these calls in context, Arias had already called Travis three times that morning, and he hadn't answered once. IMO, she said something in her third message that was frightening enough to make him call. She then calls him two more times later that day, and four times the next day (June 3) but he doesn't answer once.

After that, her phone is off for 27 hours - the time she's in Arizona.

To my mind, this makes it clear that he didn't know she was coming. Even if they were having a secret meeting, there would be no reason not to talk on the phone, because no one else would know about their phone calls. The reason they didn't talk on the phone after 3:21 am on June 2 was because (a) Travis didn't want to - all her calls went to voicemail - and (b) Arias had to hide the fact that she was in Arizona, because she was going there to kill him.

It's also clear, from text messages sent a week before, on May 26, that he wants absolutely nothing to do with her. This is when he tells her:

"...I don't want your apology. I want you to understand what I think of you. I want you to understand how evil I think you are. You are the worst thing that ever happened to me. You are a sociopath. You only cry for yourself. You have never cared about me, and you have betrayed me worse than any example I could conjure. You are sick and you scammed me..."

Now people might have sex with someone they don't particularly care for, but very few people will have sex (or any kind of contact) with someone who actually revolts and disgusts them, as Arias clearly revolted and disgusted Travis by that time.

And it seems she got the message loud and clear. Two days later, on May 28, the gun is 'stolen' from her grandparents' house. She knew she wasn't welcome in his life, let alone his home.

This CMJA person is highly dangerous to our society. I would be surprised if Travis was her first and only kill.

Travis did not know she was coming. Someone should email your clear explanation of their phone calls to Juan Martinez so he can make it clear for the jury.

She no longer had a vehicle. Her Acura was being taken back by the bank. She had TA's BMW that she damaged during towing it to Yreka. She still owed TA for that mistake. She had a busted Beemer but she no longer owed TA because she killed him.

Cruel CMJA sent Travis' grandmother flowers after she killed Travis. And I believe she used the money from TAs roommate's rent to pay for them. She purchased other items, too, after the murder, including a gun and plane tickets to AZ for the memorial service. She is capable of much evil and should be put down.

Travis tells her that she is a sociopath who betrayed him and scammed him.

This CMJA person is highly dangerous to our society. I would be surprised if Travis was her first and only kill.

Travis did not know she was coming. Someone should email your clear explanation of their phone calls to Juan Martinez so he can make it clear for the jury.

She no longer had a vehicle. Her Acura was being taken back by the bank. She had TA's BMW that she damaged during towing it to Yreka. She still owed TA for that mistake. She had a busted Beemer but she no longer owed TA because she killed him.

Cruel CMJA sent Travis' grandmother flowers after she killed Travis. And I believe she used the money from TAs roommate's rent to pay for them. She purchased other items, too, after the murder, including a gun and plane tickets to AZ for the memorial service. She is capable of much evil and should be put down.

Travis tells her that she is a sociopath who betrayed him and scammed him.
BBM

Juan covered this sequence of calls in detail, during the guilt phase, through testimony by Joey Citizen from Verizon - plus messages left for Travis after he was murdered (and once she was out of Arizona) filled with casual chit-chat to make it seem that she thought he was alive and therefore had nothing to do with his murder. Yet more evidence of her cold-hearted capacity to lie, smile and act like she was innocent.

Now that we're into the retrial of the penalty phase, these calls are less important - premeditation and cover-up has been well and truly proven.

Not to say that they won't get a mention again, but they're probably not a priority in terms of persuading the jury to give Arias the death penalty - there's plenty more that's far worse.

I truly believe Travis had no idea she was coming. She didn't want him to get a chance to tell anyone she was coming. She turned that cell phone off for a reason. She was on a murder mission and wanted to catch him off guard.

I'm wondering if anyone checked Napoleon, the dog's blood levels or if he had a vet visit after the killings. He didn't bark. What if she drugged him? For a dog to not bark that loudly to alert neighbors for days, worries me. And she would drug the poor dog.

BBM

Juan covered this sequence of calls in detail, during the guilt phase, through testimony by Joey Citizen from Verizon - plus messages left for Travis after he was murdered (and once she was out of Arizona) filled with casual chit-chat to make it seem that she thought he was alive and therefore had nothing to do with his murder. Yet more evidence of her cold-hearted capacity to lie, smile and act like she was innocent.

Now that we're into the retrial of the penalty phase, these calls are less important - premeditation and cover-up has been well and truly proven.

Not to say that they won't get a mention again, but they're probably not a priority in terms of persuading the jury to give Arias the death penalty - there's plenty more that's far worse.

There was very little of the livestreamed trial that I missed; however, that doesn't guarantee it was remembered. :thinking:

Your rendition of their last communication sequence was helpful. As for the sentencing phase, everything that goes to prove premeditation will go on the record. Oh, I see you mentioned the premed. as being already made known to the jury in this phase. I will not tangle myself in her case except dropping by occasionally. We're all eager for a verdict.

Evil scheming CMJA has created a secret witness. She's Trouble with a Capital T. And always has been.

. MOO

There was very little of the livestreamed trial that I missed; however, that doesn't guarantee it was remembered. :thinking:

Your rendition of their last communication sequence was helpful. As for the sentencing phase, everything that goes to prove premeditation will go on the record. Oh, I see you mentioned the premed. as being already made known to the jury in this phase. I will not tangle myself in her case except dropping by occasionally. We're all eager for a verdict.

Evil scheming CMJA has created a secret witness. She's Trouble with a Capital T. And always has been.

. MOO
BBM
lol.... i know exactly what you mean! So much insansity, so little memory!

As others have stated before, she went through great lengths to hide the fact that she was ever in Arizona. She wouldnt risk telling him and having him tell anyone she was coming over.

On the other hand she might have told him and asked him not to tell anyone; chances are he would agree to that if he didn't want his friends to know he was again messing around with the girl they all considered "lethal" and crazy and wrong for him. He would also not be too willing to tell anyone she was coming over for sex. She might have counted on that and told him she was coming over.

I totally agree with the first paragraph. I think she did not even tell him at all until she snuck in and surprised him.
I think she had that check on her to cushion his reaction in case he got mad she showed up unannounced.
She had that check ready to say...."Hey calm down, Im just here to give you some of the money I owe you"

She is devious and this approach would have calmed him down immediately. She may have had the CD of photos too for the same reason. To trick him into thinking she was changing her ways.

JA scares me more than a lot of criminals because of how devious she is. She fools people and is very sneaky.
I cant always read into what she is thinking or planning and I am sure she fooled others the same way.
I am convinced she would kill again given the chance. She admitted she could kill again by buying the new gun and admitting she was planning on taking it with her on the trip with the guys.

Lock this 1 up for rest of her life please.

I'm wondering if anyone checked Napoleon, the dog's blood levels or if he had a vet visit after the killings. He didn't bark. What if she drugged him? For a dog to not bark that loudly to alert neighbors for days, worries me. And she would drug the poor dog.

That's a great point. I wouldn't put it past Arias to even torture an innocent little animal if it served her sick needs.

I totally agree with the first paragraph. I think she did not even tell him at all until she snuck in and surprised him.
I think she had that check on her to cushion his reaction in case he got mad she showed up unannounced.
She had that check ready to say...."Hey calm down, Im just here to give you some of the money I owe you"

She is devious and this approach would have calmed him down immediately. She may have had the CD of photos too for the same reason. To trick him into thinking she was changing her ways.

JA scares me more than a lot of criminals because of how devious she is. She fools people and is very sneaky.
I cant always read into what she is thinking or planning and I am sure she fooled others the same way.
I am convinced she would kill again given the chance. She admitted she could kill again by buying the new gun and admitting she was planning on taking it with her on the trip with the guys.

Lock this 1 up for rest of her life please.

I agree Hatfield. I don't think she gave him advance 'warning'. She was well-aware that Travis might be firm, say 'NO, JODI, I don't want to see you again' and even lock his doors. He could have even said 'Okay, if you have CDs or money to give me then I'll wait outside my door to collect it.' Normally Travis was known to be a very hospitable and kind man. However, considering his angry emails she might have anticipated this sort of negative reaction. She wasn't going to drive all the way there just for him to say 'No!'.

I thinks she snuck in, watched him on the computer for a bit and exclaimed 'Surprise!!!'. Or something like that.

Her smile gives me the creeps.

I agree Hatfield. I don't think she gave him advance 'warning'. She was well-aware that Travis might be firm, say 'NO, JODI, I don't want to see you again' and even lock his doors. He could have even said 'Okay, if you have CDs or money to give me then I'll wait outside my door to collect it.' Normally Travis was known to be a very hospitable and kind man. However, considering his angry emails she might have anticipated this sort of negative reaction. She wasn't going to drive all the way there just for him to say 'No!'.

I thinks she snuck in, watched him on the computer for a bit and exclaimed 'Surprise!!!'. Or something like that.

Her smile gives me the creeps.

So you think maybe she surprised him in her birthday suit? Snuck up into his room while he was in the office in her pig tails, ky jelly setup etc etc.

I think it's creepy and scary to picture JA slipping into Travis Alexander 's house at 4 am, probably slipping out of her clothing too. I'm reading WWE wrestler Chris Jericho 's book "Best in the World at What I have No Idea" and he speaks of several scary incidents when he was a heel or "bad guy" in around 2007ish to 2009 and fans were pelting him with batteries, glow sticks, beer bottles, trash etc. (They hit him in the temple, eye, etc). He took it in good stride as his job was to make fans hate him. Well, one day two fans went way too far. He was going to an event and fans swarmed his car. Keep in mind, he's the bad guy, so they're mad at him. One drunk guy starts kicking his car. Jericho was friends with murdered guitarist Dimebag Darryl who was killed on stage by a crazed fan. So he's in his car, wondering does this guy have a gun? He sees security and gets out. Security does nothing. Jericho pushes the guy off as the guy jumps at him. Security tells him get in your car. Still does nothing. He gets in his car. A woman jumps in his car and grabs him. He pushes the woman off him and drives away, freaking out. The pair who assaulted him tried to press charges. This kinda made me think a tad about Travis Alexander because you never know. I'm sure Travis Alexander never thought well this girl is going to plan my death, drive to Arizona and execute me. Just like I'm sure Chris Jericho never thought oh fans will jump in my car and attack me.

Reading that tonight 100% convinced me that Travis Alexander did not know that JA was coming to his house. She took him by surprise imo.

Absolutely not! From all of TA texts and emails he was clearly done wirh her. The idea that he knew she was coming is absurd IMO

[FONT=&amp]I'm in the "he knew she was coming" camp, and here's why:
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]During Jodi’s ninja interrogation interview, she mentions arriving at his house at 3 in the morning, and walking into his office to find him watching YouTube videos.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Ninja interrogation: [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs9GhzMsH7I[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp](Her arrival at TA’s house starts at 7:20)[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]This was corroborated by Det. Michael Melendez—though the time is slightly later. “The Drunk Daft hands/Punk” YouTube videos were last viewed at 4:24am on Travis’ laptop.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro-Lt2Q4a0o[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp](Det. Michael Melendez’s testimony regarding the videos)[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]So this is my thought—why was he awake at 4am, if not to wait for her to arrive? The case could be made that he was often up late, as evidenced by his texting history--but him staying up as late as 4:30am just to watch YouTube is a bit of a stretch, imo.

Kate
[/FONT]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500