Dina Shacknai wants Max's death reopened; gives ICU pic to media

Status
Not open for further replies.
It reminds me of when law enforcement asks for tips in a case and the first tips out of the gate are from the soothsayers reading their balls and leaves.

It used to be that one could email directly any member of the United States Congress and voice their pleasure, displeasure, or make death threats. Now, you can only email directly your own Congress person. I suspect the change had to do with the abuse of the opportunity.

Aah, I see your point. But that is why they have a minimal threshold of 25,000 signatures before a response is made by the White House. That likely weeds out a lot of frivolous petitions.

And the reply from the WH could simply be a generic "Thank you very much for coming to our website and posting a petition. No need to contact us again. If your petition warrants further action, we will contact you."

BBM

I disagree rather strongly that Dina has not had the goal of seeking publicity in her quest to bring attention to her theory of how Max died.

Although I agree that she has definitely sought and welcome all the publicity, I disagree that her quest is only that of a grieving mother looking for the answers that she too deserves.<modsnip>.

At the time of MS’ “fall”, it was reported that DS had her boyfriend staying with her at her house. That evening, Monday, NR arrived. And, at some point, it was stated that a female friend from Santa Barbara arrived as well.

Why is it that we’ve heard zip, zilch, nada from the boyfriend and the SB friend?

Why wouldn’t DS want their public support of her position, version of events and for them to share their knowledge of the details of those days?

Were they both interviewed by LE?

At the time of MS’ “fall”, it was reported that DS had her boyfriend staying with her at her house. That evening, Monday, NR arrived. And, at some point, it was stated that a female friend from Santa Barbara arrived as well.

Why is it that we’ve heard zip, zilch, nada from the boyfriend and the SB friend?

Why wouldn’t DS want their public support of her position, version of events and for them to share their knowledge of the details of those days?

Were they both interviewed by LE?
No, they were not interviewed...

Wow!! and Ditto Wow!! They should have been interviewed because they would be able to "document" whether or not NR actually "announced or not that she was going over to the Ocean property" and "if so, how long was she actually gone?"

Or saw her look through the garage for items, or even asked if they would babysit her adult son, while she had an errand to run at 10PM?

I would think houseguests, who could provide a viable alibi for NR would be eager to be interviewed! (Don't ask, don't tell?)
Perhaps they prefer to be behind the scene supporters of M's House, and the SPY-TILL-YOU-FIND-SOMETHING-BAD-ABOUT-YOUR-EX's-NEW-LOVE-INTEREST legislation?:blushing:

No, they were not interviewed...

Hence ONE of the reasons this investigation in my opinion was flawed! If you look at the totality of evidence gathered vs what is missing, maybe 50% of this investigation was looked at as a homicide. Then the group think tendency began and it was decided this was a suicide. Possible public influence as well from some of the characters in this case. Had all the evidence been properly tested, responsibly requested, all possible witnesses interviewed, everyone fingerprinted, everyone polygraphed and confirmation bias not existed, we would not be here today fighting for a murder victim. In my opinion, SDSO would have concluded this was a murder, arrests made and maybe even a conviction by now. I pray this civil suit is NOT settled or negotiated. If so, the family will never know the truth and in my opinion a murderer will walk free to murder an innocent victim again.

Hence ONE of the reasons this investigation in my opinion was flawed! If you look at the totality of evidence gathered vs what is missing, maybe 50% of this investigation was looked at as a homicide. Then the group think tendency began and it was decided this was a suicide. Possible public influence as well from some of the characters in this case. Had all the evidence been properly tested, responsibly requested, all possible witnesses interviewed, everyone fingerprinted, everyone polygraphed and confirmation bias not existed, we would not be here today fighting for a murder victim. In my opinion, SDSO would have concluded this was a murder, arrests made and maybe even a conviction by now. I pray this civil suit is NOT settled or negotiated. If so, the family will never know the truth and in my opinion a murderer will walk free to murder an innocent victim again.
As always, Lash, very well stated. And IMO this stands for the investigations into both MS' and RZ's deaths.

If SDSO and CPD had officially interviewed witnesses at all pertinent and relevant locations (airports, airlines, gyms, hospitals, ADT security, GPS provider), confirmed everyone's alibis and whereabouts (DS and NR's friends, NR cousin, JS father and HL), and processed all those who could in any way have been involved in some form or another, so many questions would have been put to rest long ago for BOTH families.

I cannot imagine the horror and humiliation it must be to have one's family and loved ones' names tossed about, their character questioned and speculated upon by the media and strangers. As we have all said at one point or another, if you are innocent, then there is nothing to hide. And that goes for LE as well. I would imagine they will all welcome the chance to depose.

I shudder at the thought of the civil suit not seeing its day in court, that the TRUTH in both cases may never be known, whatever that truth may be. Admittedly, the plaintiffs are up against more than one Goliath. The temptation to negotiate a settlement must be enormous. Unless in their shoes, it is unfair to judge. Yet, I question: is there is a price tag with enough zeroes at the end to exonerate the cold-blooded murderer of a stranger, let alone a loved one; a loved one who was not only tortured and murdered once, but over and over again when her body was left out to rot like road varmint, her character assassinated by the one who most despised her?

I have tremendous faith that the plaintiffs, ML and RZ's mother, will continue forward in their pursuit of the truth. Veritas liberabit vos. The truth shall set you free. In the event there were to be a settlement, there is only one person who has the funds to make this go away. In such a high-profile case as this, IMHO that one unnamed person will ultimately and forever be judged, in the court of public opinion, as guilty and responsible for RZ's death. Quite a price to pay IMO, thus no one wins.

As always, Lash, very well stated. And IMO this stands for the investigations into both MS' and RZ's deaths.

If SDSO and CPD had officially interviewed witnesses at all pertinent and relevant locations (airports, airlines, gyms, hospitals, ADT security, GPS provider), confirmed everyone's alibis and whereabouts (DS and NR's friends, NR cousin, JS father and HL), and processed all those who could in any way have been involved in some form or another, so many questions would have been put to rest long ago for BOTH families.

I cannot imagine the horror and humiliation it must be to have one's family and loved ones' names tossed about, their character questioned and speculated upon by the media and strangers. As we have all said at one point or another, if you are innocent, then there is nothing to hide. And that goes for LE as well. I would imagine they will all welcome the chance to depose.

I shudder at the thought of the civil suit not seeing its day in court, that the TRUTH in both cases may never be known, whatever that truth may be. Admittedly, the plaintiffs are up against more than one Goliath. The temptation to negotiate a settlement must be enormous. Unless in their shoes, it is unfair to judge. Yet, I question: is there is a price tag with enough zeroes at the end to exonerate the cold-blooded murderer of a stranger, let alone a loved one; a loved one who was not only tortured and murdered once, but over and over again when her body was left out to rot like road varmint, her character assassinated by the one who most despised her?

I have tremendous faith that the plaintiffs, ML and RZ's mother, will continue forward in their pursuit of the truth. Veritas liberabit vos. The truth shall set you free. In the event there were to be a settlement, there is only one person who has the funds to make this go away. In such a high-profile case as this, IMHO that one unnamed person will ultimately and forever be judged, in the court of public opinion, as guilty and responsible for RZ's death. Quite a price to pay IMO, thus no one wins.

Thank you for this great post!

I asked a question in the verified lawyer thread about the amount of the civil suit. Whether the 10mil was jointly or individually. It appears it would be jointly. If the 3 divided the amount, they would be looking at a little over 3 million each. Of course, I would expect the amount to be much smaller if there is a settlement in this case. There is only one person in this case with the means to settle. I guess a couple of the defendants could have sources other than JS, but I think JS would likely benefit from settling this case. Therefore I am skeptical we're ever going to see depositions. It would be disheartening on many levels. I personally think it would be an injustice to Rebecca and Max. After two years of fighting for justice and being so close to the truth, money would take a back seat if it meant I could bring closure to the murder of my loved one. I agree I cannot pretend to know how the Zahau's must feel, but I would want truth not money. If you think about it, influence and money are in my opinion is a big reason we are even here today fighting for justice. A negotiation would reinforce the belief that money does indeed talk. All the accusations that have been made about the real intentions of Rebecca's family is soley to seek money, not justice, will forever be believed. I won't pretend to know what Rebecca would want, but if I were Rebecca I would want the truth to be revealed, my legacy to be righted and the world to know that I DID NOT commit suicide.

I am going to move these two posts to the civil suit thread. We're going off topic in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500