Discussion thread for Jodi Arias Journals

Her face looks off to me. Like some stuff shifted from a bad cosmetic procedure. Or a few. It's like if you had a Pomeranian or a Persian cat and neglected it, just fed it and gave it water, changed the litter, but didn't really groom it. That animal would be healthy, but look really weird. Like crazy. I'm not saying I feel bad for her, but when I saw pictures it was very shocking to me. I was like this has to be why she kicked the media out. The journals confirmed that for me. She's an ungroomed animal.

I agree with you. There had to have been implants in her cheeks. There are some of her TA-JA photos here: https://drlillianglassbodylanguageb...01/03/jodi-arias-body-language-may-do-her-in/

Dr. Lillian Glass also points out how JA dominates TA when they're together. She has other things to say about JA's (also her mother's) body language as well.

She was 27 at the time of the murder. Never heard of anyone getting a facelift at that young age. She didn't have the money for it plus there's no evidence she had any cosmetic procedures on her face or injectables. No access to cosmetic procedures in jail either.

JA had all kinds of money for "beauty"! In fact, she had money for all kinds of things, despite drawing very low wages as a waitress. (See the various discussions on this board.) And, yes, women get surgical enhancements even as children.

Well I don't deny that young women get surgical enhancements all the time, but they do cost money.

So, besides looking at old and current pictures of Arias and making assumptions, what evidence exists that besides breast implants Arias had anything cosmetically done to her face before the age of 27? Surely this would not be such a well kept secret that no one could possibly find out. This would be beyond zit creme and facial cremes and 2 for 1 deals at Walmart. I'm talking about surgery or injections or procedures required by someone with expertise, which is what is being alleged. Where are the receipts? Where are the credit card statements?

I think we can all agree that once she was arrested for murder she has not had anything done, unless you know of some secret Estrella program giving free cosmetic surgery to inmates, and again I would ask for evidence of that.

My opinion is: she had nothing done beyond the breast implants, had no money for something that costs many hundreds of $$$ and has to be done a few times a year and certainly had nothing done in the 6.5+ yrs she's been incarcerated. Stress can account for a level of aging unlike anything seen. Further, the quality of nutrition at Estrella jail (referred to a "slop") is not considered a high quality diet. If you examine the actual life of an inmate in jail you'll see that their lifestyle is fairly dismal. No real exercise, fresh air limited, diet is slop, stress of life imprisonment and add in a DP hanging over your head.

I agree with you. There had to have been implants in her cheeks. There are some of her TA-JA photos here: https://drlillianglassbodylanguageb...01/03/jodi-arias-body-language-may-do-her-in/

Dr. Lillian Glass also points out how JA dominates TA when they're together. She has other things to say about JA's (also her mother's) body language as well.
Considering how absolutely abysmal that booby job of hers is, I can't picture any kind of facial implants looking better. I could see her going for the "bee stung" lips as both relatively inexpensive and obvious enough to satisfy her vanity. But let's face it, Stabby don't do subtle. And I just don't see anything that would make me think she had facial procedures.

I don't know when, or in what context she told Travis she betrayed him by secretly baiting him into having recorded phone sex but I DO believe it happened, after may 26th. I do believe, that's what the talks of the attorneys were about. Travis threatened to sue her halfway to Sunday if that tape ever saw the light of day. I think the phone sex is what he is referring to when he talks of being hurt, and she's the worst thing to ever happen to him. It also explains, why he and she were so vague to the reasons he was mad. No matter what though, that tape was the pivotal tipping point in that relationship. I am of the belief, this is how she got Travis to open his door to her on that fateful day by manipulating him into believing she was wrong,saw the error of her way and to prove it she was giving him the helio phone. And none of this is mentioned in those journals in length. With jodis personality she'd have wrote a novel on how she felt about that fight. It would have rambled, jumping from thought to thought and yet.. it's not there

I don't think she had to trick him at all. He probably didn't know he was being recorded but that didn't sound like first time phone sex to me. And he controlled the conversation. Not that there's anything wrong with 2 grown ups talking dirty to eachother. If he didn't know he was being recorded all that says is that he was being himself in the recording and all the naughty things he said, he meant. Jodi is a murderer, the worst kind of person no doubt. But I don't think she seduced Travis. I think he seduced her...

she didn't write about the phone cuz it made her look bad. From the parts I've read she's always all "woe is me". Is that wrong to assume, like I said I haven't read the whole thing does she actually go into detail about her scheming in the journals?

It was almost painful reading what Travis said on the call, not because of the nature of the call but because of the word choices choice he uses. It doesn't scream sexual experienced to me.

It was almost painful reading what Travis said on the call, not because of the nature of the call but because of the word choices choice he uses. It doesn't scream sexual experienced to me.

It is also very dull... like they are both faking it. There appears to be little heat or connection between them. It's strange as clearly there was in person?

I don't know when, or in what context she told Travis she betrayed him by secretly baiting him into having recorded phone sex but I DO believe it happened, after may 26th. I do believe, that's what the talks of the attorneys were about. Travis threatened to sue her halfway to Sunday if that tape ever saw the light of day. I think the phone sex is what he is referring to when he talks of being hurt, and she's the worst thing to ever happen to him. It also explains, why he and she were so vague to the reasons he was mad. No matter what though, that tape was the pivotal tipping point in that relationship. I am of the belief, this is how she got Travis to open his door to her on that fateful day by manipulating him into believing she was wrong,saw the error of her way and to prove it she was giving him the helio phone. And none of this is mentioned in those journals in length. With jodis personality she'd have wrote a novel on how she felt about that fight. It would have rambled, jumping from thought to thought and yet.. it's not there

:goodpost: I agree with every word, DirtyLittleSecret. The blackmail recording was so obviously the reason for the final metldown. Her reticence to explain properly says it all.

I always thought it sounded like he was messing with her, not into her, like whatever during the infamous phone sex call. He sounded distracted, like he was playing a video game, taking notes, having a conversation online- doing anything else but actually paying attention. Like "oh yeah I'll do this or that " insert eye roll. So when she said she'd tell people, he most likely told her he wasn't into her once and for all. That had to crush her ego. Like destroy that weird, fragile, yet massive thing. So she says well I recorded it. Then he gets pissed. Then she decides yes, she will act upon her evil thoughts she's always had. All the rage against Bobby, Matt, Darryl, her father bubbles up and Travis stands no chance. He wants the recording because he wants a good Mormon wife. He wants Jodi out of his life. She has no intention of that.

So I'm actually reading the journals now. Does anyone else have to break a bit because her writing gives them a headache?

Why does TA have a UK blogspot? That seems really bizarre......

OMG, I had just found that today and came back to post about it and saw yours :D

Go to his friend Katiedid's spot and scroll back until you find June 2008 to find the MOST WONDERFUL letter she wrote to him. It is a letter describing a truly beautiful human being. I wonder if it was read at his memorial or sent to his family. This is something anyone would cherish to know about their loved one.

*sigh* Smile while you cry - it's a really great tribute.

to anyone else reading the journals...I have noticed several times that she writes the same word twice in a row...like, for example, I wish wish...and then marks out the second/repeated word or phrase. For that reason, I feel like these journals cannot be spontaneously written. I mean, who does that in spontaneous writing? I have, though, done that when I was copying something over. Anyone else have thoughts on that?

Oh, h*ll yes when copying! She seems to be incredibly industrious and I wouldn't doubt she created a second "better for her" version.

Cooking the books, so to speak.

It surely would have, also it would have given her false hope, and basically told her that the reason she had no money was because of her own inability to 'think right' when in reality it was because all her time was being taken up working for a multi level company that wasn't going to reward her fairly, and chasing after some guy that wasn't interested in her who worked for same company, and who's own finances were heading down the toilet for the same reason.

True. But I also think that "thinking right" would include being honest with yourself in why you're doing something. In other words, she wasn't doing it for the right reason. She may have been working there and changing religions solely to impress him, not to better herself? Maybe something along those lines. Of course, he couldn't know just how wrong she was, but I think he got the reason correct.

Is the Jodifesto as crazy as we all hoped it would be?

I am sure there are no $300 *advertiser censored*....that was where her $12,000 went, and she lied to Darryl about real cost, as she was skimping on house payments. imo

I agree. Jodi definitely had a Rhinoplasty as well and probably went to the same doctor who did both procedures for K12. If you look at her nose in her teen pics and young adult years the nose is flatter and more bulbous at the tip.
Looks are everything to her, that is why she has contrived boasts about superficial things that she thinks make her superior, including quoting Nietzsche and Dostoyevsky, and correcting other people's grammar.
CMJA is a classic narcissist and sociopath. All the criteria fit. The journals she writes are not really her true feelings either, because she has no feelings. She's an empty shell or "carcass" as Travis called her.

It surely would have, also it would have given her false hope, and basically told her that the reason she had no money was because of her own inability to 'think right' when in reality it was because all her time was being taken up working for a multi level company that wasn't going to reward her fairly, and chasing after some guy that wasn't interested in her who worked for same company, and who's own finances were heading down the toilet for the same reason.

Yeah, I was caught off guard in TA's text messages when he was buying people some plan for $15. They would have it for just one month, so that he could make "player's club." I wondered how that benefited him. TA's bill for december were $13,000, didn't he say? And his phone bill kept getting bigger. $300 plus in one month. That's crazy, especially considering he also had a landline on which he probably had to pay long distance.

I found it interesting that JA was grateful for a Helio phone in 2007. Then she talked about how she wanted a Helio phone. Then Gus finally gives her one, and low and behold, Travis has been making moves to get Gus speaking engagements in AZ. Seems to me like getting that phone didn't have anything to do with Gus generously giving it to her.

I can believe that she went back and added a page here or there and/or tore pages out, but I'm pretty certain that journals 1-3 and as far as I've read of 4 weren't written after the fact.

Late January, early February 2008,what I read is a person lying to herself about T's feelings for her, and she's not even consistent with her lies to herself.

I think around that time she was finding it very difficult to hold onto anything, including her job. Fired from Mimi's for stealing, just when she was starting to take home $$$ in a fairly consistent way, for the first time since arriving in Mesa,,and according to her, the first job she had actually enjoyed in many years.

We have to recall her parents in the interrogation room and what they say about this timeframe. Remember her mother wa talking about her wanting to kill herself and around that time, Matt had talked to her mom, worrying about Jodi. it was in the entries where she said she was alone, had no one to talk to and couldn't talk to matt anymore. Then there was an entry where it seems she broke down to talk to Matt. Wish i could remember what journal these were in, sorry, but I think it was end of 2007 beginning 2008.

I hate how the pages were torn out covering those summer trips when she claimed she caught Travis cheating! What was in those pages...It was torn out what was there all the way up to after she moved.

In reading her journals I only see a killer. Someone waiting to pounce on her prey. A sadistic soul. I don't feel sorry for her, nor do I see her as a rambling teenager. I see the face of Travis, I sense how much he wished he had never met her. Her journals are full of lies. From the beginning she saw him as her meal ticket. She murdered him and felt no remorse. Her entries after the murder are heartless. Selfish. Cruel. It's almost as though you can see through the veil, that she is proud of the way she killed him. I hope JM can portray that to the jury.

I hate to say it, but as much as we want to hate Jodi, look at how many times Travis tells her that he loves her when he texts her. I think we would be remiss if we do not read her journals and see something, anything, that Travis saw in her. He was a kind man, smart, and he was loving. He had to see something good in her to carry on that long and to be loving toward her. We see some loving gestures from him. So I read her journals and look for what he feel for and I do see what he liked about her. It's not so black and white as she was just some murderous. Travis saw something in her and we should try to sort out what it was.

The problem with all her journals is that there is no way to know what if anything is true. That she wrote in his journal reinforced for me that she expected him to read hers. Was she really depressed and often suicidal? Maybe. And maybe it was just manipulation, as Sky has said she used suicide frequently as a threat.

I not only don't feel sorry for her, but I feel seriously creeped out the more I think about it.

JA said several times that TA didn't like her writing negative things in her journal. A clear indication that he was reading them--whether because she asked him to, or he wanted to, we don't know.

JA said several times that he made her tear out negative parts. The only part I see torn out so far is about the break up and move.

So I think we should assume that he was reading them or had read parts of them or even that he had them in his possession but didn't care to read them even though she'd asked. Who knows.

I think these journals are just as fake as JA herself and her defense team...total frauds

I believe the journals had the ability to be doctored. I can't remember what volume I was in, but there came a point where she stopped writing on the left side of the page and then, she turned the whole page and started writing on the left side again. That kind of made me think that-- any time she had a blank page in the journal--she could have added an entry later, making it so that we see all the pages as full. We'll never know how often she left a lot of blank pages because, if my theory is right, then the pages are no longer blank. But one way we can distinguish it would be to look at the handwriting I guess. It changed over time, so if we see handwriting matching a later time in earlier entries, we know she filled in pages.

How that makes sense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back