DNA Doe Project - General Discussion #3

I am also wondering about new and pending cases, I think 2 last pending cases are not in Dashboard yet. I wonder if there are more new cases

No identification so far but a huge update on Luce County John Doe, Michigan!

Knapp said she's been unable to find any close relatives in DNA databases and has looked as far back as the early 1800s in Poland and Germany.

This John Doe also has very distant Colonial America relationships − ties to families in Virginia in the early 1700s. But the Doe Project said he had no close relations that could tie him to more recent ancestors.

According to the Doe Project, one branch of his family may have settled in Gage County, Nebraska.

One of the project's theories is that Doe was Canadian − his Colonial relations were British sympathizers who settled in Canada after the Revolutionary War. Or, he could have been adopted or raised by someone other than his biological father. It's also possible either he or his family came to the United States from Germany, recently or decades ago.

But how he wound up in Luce County, the home of Tahquamenon Falls and miles of streams and rivers, including Heminghway's Big Two Hearted River, is a mystery

The DNA Doe project is now urging people of Polish and German ancestry who immigrated to Michigan and Nebraska to upload their DNA to two genealogy websites: GEDmatch and Family Tree DNA. Also encouraged to do the same are people whose ancestry includes the surnames Sattleberg, Radke, Papke, and Zabel.

His thread and the DDP page

New case!

Canton Oil Well John Doe found in 2020 in Canton, Stark County, Ohio! Ohio is the DDP’s lucky state, they have solved most of their Ohio cases

New pending case from Putnal County West Virginia! Fully funded by AudioChuck!

Pima County Jane Doe possibly has been tentatively identified, her Namus was updated:

A fingerprint record for missing Ecuadoran "LL" has been requested from their government.

New pending case from Putnal County West Virginia! Fully funded by AudioChuck!

I think this is their first case from West Virginia

New identification! Scioto River John Doe 1996, Ross County, Ohio identified as Wade Raymond Thomas. Wade was reported missing by his family in 1972 and declared deceased after being missing. He went missing from the Veterans Medical Facility in Chillicothe, Ohio in 1972, but his scull was located in Scioto River only in August 1996.

Last edited:
The thread of Stark County John Doe 2001

According to the most recent DoeNetwork update, Florence Junction Clandestine Grave Jane Doe 1988 found in Pima County Arizona has been identified per Namus. There are again 6 DDP’s cases where the Namus was removed.
Does Clandestine Grave Doe not have her own thread on here? I've been looking and can't find one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back