• I do not have a stun gun in my home

Votes: 46 18.2%
  • I know someone personally who has a stun gun in their home

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I do not have one or know anyone who has one but im going to get one

Votes: 8 3.2%
  • I do not have one and I do not know anyone who does

Votes: 100 39.5%
  • I do not have one nor do I believe I know anyone who does.

Votes: 59 23.3%

• Total voters
I don't have a stun gun in our home. If someone breaks in I don't exactly plan on getting that close to them to use a stun gun. However the assortment of fire arms I own is a different story. My wife and I have no kids so there is one loaded gun in our home because I work late hours. Funny thing is the person breaking in has a better chance if I'm armed instead of the wife. She's meaner then me and a better shot too. Was gonna get a stun gun for the wife but she wants a pink pearl handled Taurus 38 instead.

I have a mean a$$ cockatoo, a great dane, 2 yapping mini schnauzers, a rescued retriever/lab, and a rescued feral cat...if they are brave enough to get past all the noise the zoo makes when they hear something, I'll invite em' on in for tea or something. :crazy:

I dont have a stun gun or for that matter even seen one that I know of. We do have hunting rifles in the house and a few bb guns. Can someone explain what a stun gun does exactly.

i have one.....I have no idea where it came from. It came with me when I divorced and moved. I guess it belonged to my ex. I'd never even put a battery in it until this weekend and i've had it for 7yrs. Looks kinda like this one.....

SG300C_300kvolt_Stun_Gun_Curved.jpg

kinda ironic i found this poll.....lolz

No stun-guns here. A well trained 125 lb Rhodesian Ridgeback and a set of nunchucks which I am very well trained in the use of.. should someone invade my home. If I'm out and about, Aikido and/or Taekwondo are applied where needed and always pepper spray in my purse.

No stun gun here. We have the real deal. Don't mess with my house, the labs(SR trained) will alert and then it is all on. Everything is legal but no way I'm going to be a wimp. We have CC permits and hunting licenses. We are also posted by law no trespassing or well we wil be legal. My dogs can actually bite an intruder and are legal per the law.

I would like to know which type EB and AB had. There are 2 different kinds. One (the older ones) have two little contacts and the arc goes between them, with this kind you actually have to be very close to someone and touch them with it. The other kind is the newer ones - that have the two probes that shoot out and inbed in your skin and then you pull the trigger for the electric current.

Wonder what kind they had and where they got it from? The warrant just says "stun gun" so we really don't know which kind.

No stun gun, but a lot of guns. Husband is retired LE and hunts, rifles, shotguns, and pistols. I can shoot them all too.

I have a number of guns in my home, but no children and no stun guns. I spend a lot of time alone, so it makes me feel like I could protect myself if I had to. Most of them are just old rifles from when my husband was a kid, but I have a little .25 that is quite cute! We used to go target shooting all the time, but haven't in years. It was an enjoyable pastime. We don't shoot animals though. No hunting. I would have a nervous breakdown if my husband brought a dead animal home. I can't even abide fishing. You would think I would be a vegetarian, which I would be if I spent too much time thinking about it.

When my kids were small I slept with an unopened bottle of JOLT cola under my pillow - if someone came at me, I thought the bottle up-side the head would be appropriate and figured if we both got wet, I probably had hit them hard enough. ;)

I got off work one night (10pm) and much to my horror all three kids were wide awake and the babysitter was about out of her mind... No more Jolt cola. (Any weapon is dangerous in the wrong hands.):crazy:

Belinda I hear you - no fish, no beef, no pork - if only I liked veggies more it would be easy to phase out poultry too.

I would like to know which type EB and AB had. There are 2 different kinds. One (the older ones) have two little contacts and the arc goes between them, with this kind you actually have to be very close to someone and touch them with it. The other kind is the newer ones - that have the two probes that shoot out and inbed in your skin and then you pull the trigger for the electric current.

Wonder what kind they had and where they got it from? The warrant just says "stun gun" so we really don't know which kind.

I thought the kind that shoots out the probes were tazers? Ive seen them on tv. I wouldnt want anything to do with them. Im a wimp. JMO

No stun-guns here. A well trained 125 lb Rhodesian Ridgeback and a set of nunchucks which I am very well trained in the use of.. should someone invade my home. If I'm out and about, Aikido and/or Taekwondo are applied where needed and always pepper spray in my purse.

I wouldn't want to meet you in a dark alley!

I agree that this is the difference between a "stun gun" and a "taser". The taser probes that inbed in skin have to be removed by medical personnel (usually EMT's or Ambulance people). A stun gun has an arc of electricity that goes between the two probes. You must touch the person with the probes of the stun gun and then pull the trigger for the electricty to spark across the probes (catching your would-be assailant skin between the arc's. They are quite painful and you can keep a person flopping on the floor for up to 30 minutes, but there is no long term damage to them (unless they hurt themselves in falling or flopping).

I cannot remember how may volts there are (lots!) but only a couple of Amps - so I imagine it is much like touching an electified fence - maybe a little more intense. I haven't tried it on myself or others and don't plan to anytime soon.

When my kids were small I slept with an unopened bottle of JOLT cola under my pillow - if someone came at me, I thought the bottle up-side the head would be appropriate and figured if we both got wet, I probably had hit them hard enough. ;)

I got off work one night (10pm) and much to my horror all three kids were wide awake and the babysitter was about out of her mind... No more Jolt cola. (Any weapon is dangerous in the wrong hands.):crazy:

Belinda I hear you - no fish, no beef, no pork - if only I liked veggies more it would be easy to phase out poultry too.

Ha ha! You were going to give the would be intruders a "JOLT" of their own. LOL regarding your weapon comment - guess the kids and the babysitter turned your "jolt" weapon against you. (so sorry)

I wouldn't want to meet you in a dark alley!

:floorlaugh: I'm really quite mild mannered, and slightly built... I just have lived in some not too savory neighborhoods in my lifetime and I don't really care for :put em up: (guns)

It gets any colder, I may have to stun myself to get out of bed in the morning. hrmmph

Here too!

:cold:

hhmmmppphhh....I wish it was cold here. I have my windows open because it seems stoopid to turn on the AC in December, but I'm soooooooooooo tempted!

no taser here. 125 lb well trained german shepherd. 7 shotguns, 21 handguns, 3 swords, 6 fighting knives. 3 submachine guns (not fully auto). 12 rifles. 3 bows, a crossbow.

i guess i need one to comeplete the package.

no taser here. 125 lb well trained german shepherd. 7 shotguns, 21 handguns, 3 swords, 6 fighting knives. 3 submachine guns (not fully auto). 12 rifles. 3 bows, a crossbow.

i guess i need one to comeplete the package.

What? No stun gun or bat to complete the package? (Just kidding)

hhmmmppphhh....I wish it was cold here. I have my windows open because it seems stoopid to turn on the AC in December, but I'm soooooooooooo tempted!

I hear you! It's in the upper 70's right now, but over night it's in the very chilly 30's - this after being 10* a week ago. I don't know if I need to break out the shorts and tee shirts or flannels!

I have pepper spray but no stun gun. I've heard they can be wrenched from your hand by an attacker and used against you. For AB and EB to have a stun gun makes my hair stand on end because (1) AB is a big guy -- so is EB ;); and (2) They had a dog. I fear the stun gun may have been used for 'weird' stuff and maybe on poor little Zahra. Curious -- when someone gets hit by a stun gun, is there some kind of bruising that takes place?

No stun gun in our home. No stun gun in any of my family or friends homes either. We do however have a shotgun, bb gun, baseball bat, 2 dogs (one that hates all men other than hubby) and a cast iron skillet! A couple of years ago we had someone try to break into our home. It was warm out so I had the windows open at night. Hubby works nights so it's just me and the girls. The person slit the screen to one of our bedroom windows but never made it inside. Called the cops the next day and was told that breakins were happening alot in our neighborhood. I told the cop that if I see a face in my window I WILL be knocking the crap out of them before I ask any questions.

As far as I know stun guns leave a burn mark where the gun touches the skin.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back