Do You Really Think Casey Will Serve Time For Forgery?

I am praying she will be charged with first degree murder and get death instead of life, but even if she is not charged, and/or acquitted whatEVER time she gets for the fraud, ect. will be compounded by the fact people everywhere believe she murdered her child, and that does not set well, especially with convicts.

Even a year in prison will be a lifetime for her, and perhaps for once in her pathetic excuse for a life she will get exactly what she deserves.

I have heard that criminals have their own 'special' brandof justice. Especially for someone that has harmed a child, because most of them were harmed as children.

For once mommy dearest won't be able to protect her and all the denial in the world will not help CA.

If I were KC I would be VERY afraid.

I Agree 1000%:clap::clap:

That depends on FL law and just how good JB is! Time served very well could include the time on "House arrest". Imagine the protesting then!

Here's a question. Time served. This usually counts toward the time sentenced BUT does this time that she is OUT ON BOND count as time served?

It is my understanding the clock starts when she is physically in jail. It stops while she is released on bond. She certainly is not getting credit for time spent on the computer or watching t.v. at her attorneys office!

Here's a question. Time served. This usually counts toward the time sentenced BUT does this time that she is OUT ON BOND count as time served?

Time served only is the time your are in jail not out on bond or while you are appealing your sentence.

Yes I heard it too.
I do not get it, forgery does not warrant 50 years.
(But I don't know much about forgery)

If each offense equates to 5 years, that's 10 offenses (so far) so what do you get? 50 Years!

I'd personally like to see Casey tried, convicted and sent to jail on all charges relating to forgery, stealing, uttering checks and abuse of the elderly. Lock her up in the general population for however many years she gets and let the inmates provide justice. After all, if she isn't charged or sentenced on a crime involving a child she won't be sent to a more protective facility but the inmates watch TV and will make sure Killcey receives the proper punishment.

What is the difference between larceny and forgery and possibly stolen identity?? TIA.

Forgery is defined as the "making or altering of a false writing with intent to defraud". This is related to the crime of uttering a forged instrument, defined to be "offering as genuine an instrument that may be the subject of forgery and is false with intent to defraud".

Larceny is the "taking and carrying away of tangible personal property of another by trespass with intent to permanently (or for an unreasonable time) deprive the person of his interest in the property". Larceny must involve personal property, and it must be capable of being possessed, and carried away. Thus, real estate, services and other intangibles cannot be objects of larceny.

The commission of larceny requires that someone else’s property actually be taken away, and the intent to take it, without paying for or returning it, must also be present. Both elements are needed by definition for larceny to occur.

Identity theft is a term used to refer to fraud that involves stealing money or getting other benefits by pretending to be someone else. The term is relatively new and is actually a misnomer, since it is not inherently possible to steal an identity, only to use it. The person whose identity is used can suffer various consequences when they are held responsible for the perpetrator's actions. In many countries specific laws make it a crime to use another person's identity for personal gain.

I did a search on someone I use to know that had charges filed this is what his sentence was..
UTTERING FORGERY ORANGE 5Y 6M
LL.POSS.CREDIT CARD &PURC. PALM BEACH 1Y 0M 0D
GRAND THEFT MOTOR VEHICLE0 HILLS Co 5Y 0M 0D

I hope no one assumes that I think she'll get off or even want that. I'm just saying if this is all they end up sticking with her the cost of jailing her is prohibitive compared to having her work out some sort of restitution.

I don't think Casey will get 50 years for the forgery etc but I think she will serve significant time for it. Not 3 years. Forgery is a major crime. I do not think they will count all those charges as 1 crime. I heard the bank and Target were also going to press charges. She also has a felony charge for the neglect and I don't think the charge is only worth 1 to 6. I think I read it was 15. I am just praying they do serve her a murder warrant and can put her behind bars for a long long time. We don't need a criminal element like her running around in the world. She has no conscience and who's to say what other crimes she will commit in her lifetime if allowed to roam free.

If Casey doesn't come clean about Caylee, I'm betting the justice system will hold her to the max. This doesn't include any murder charges she might get convicted of down the pike.

The thing is the courts must be blind to the other facts in this case when sentencing her for the check fraud, if convicted. They can't realistically make her serve 50 years for forgery, because that is not the way everyone is treated. If the sentence is way out of proportion with the norm, it would make it easily appealed. Even though there are numerous charges, I believe the court will take them all as "one occurrence" and she will be sentenced as one event. The guidelines are 1 to 5 years. My guess is they will say five years, credit for time served, and out in about 40% of sentencing. Bottom line, right now, if sentenced today, my guess would be 2 years for the financial and theft charges.

If they really charge her with the stealing from the grandparents, that might be considered another event, because it clearly did not happen while Caylee was missing. CA says she already has affidavits from her bank in the early 911 calls. That means her bank likely can go ahead with those charges. That might get her another year, but I'm still thinking less than 3 years total.

If child neglect and obstruction are proved, they would carry 1 to 6 years. Again, I believe it will be more in the three year range actually to be served. I would imagine JB would fight to have them served together, so my money says she's out in three years, tops. Three years to make 1.5 million dollars.

Some posters have suggested that the Judge in this case will give Casey a harsh sentence because she did not cooperate with LE in the search for Caylee.

They are basically saying that the Judge will "punish" Casey for exercising her 5th amendment rights.

I'm sorry but you can't just rip up the Constitution because a suspect is not cooperating with LE

Anyway great post & I agree with you 100%

5 years tops on these charges - she will be out in 3 with probation

From knowing someone that stole her parent's checkbook and forged a bunch of checks off of it, I'd say no. She'll most likely get probation and have to make restitution.

I honestly think she'll get time but with time served. Overall, even without any more charges, my guess is she'll spend at least 5 yrs in prison.

So far her charges equal to a max of 50 yrs but if you take into account time served, first time offender, and good behavior (if she behaves herself) once she is in prison, I don't think she'll be in there longer than 5 yrs.

Of course, this is without ANY other charges. Supposedly, there are more charges coming in relation to the financial crimes.

Edited to say: after reading about the 85% rule and the experiences of OPs, maybe she'll get a couple decades more time than I thought! Well, either way, even 1 yr in prison labelled a child killer will be NO walk in the park for her.

With her and her family continually shooting LE the "Double tall man salute", they are going to give her everything they can.

Green baloney, day old bread, and plenty of tossed salad

Dirty minds think alike....:clap::woohoo:

The thing is the courts must be blind to the other facts in this case when sentencing her for the check fraud, if convicted. They can't realistically make her serve 50 years for forgery, because that is not the way everyone is treated. If the sentence is way out of proportion with the norm, it would make it easily appealed. Even though there are numerous charges, I believe the court will take them all as "one occurrence" and she will be sentenced as one event. The guidelines are 1 to 5 years. My guess is they will say five years, credit for time served, and out in about 40% of sentencing. Bottom line, right now, if sentenced today, my guess would be 2 years for the financial and theft charges.

If they really charge her with the stealing from the grandparents, that might be considered another event, because it clearly did not happen while Caylee was missing. CA says she already has affidavits from her bank in the early 911 calls. That means her bank likely can go ahead with those charges. That might get her another year, but I'm still thinking less than 3 years total.

If child neglect and obstruction are proved, they would carry 1 to 6 years. Again, I believe it will be more in the three year range actually to be served. I would imagine JB would fight to have them served together, so my money says she's out in three years, tops. Three years to make 1.5 million dollars.

I agree.

I tend to think LE is piling all these financial crimes charges against her in hopes that when they are ready to slap a murder charge, they can use the financial charges as leverage to get her to talk. For instance, if you help us with this murder case we'll drop a couple of these check charges....

Can they do that?

I am beginning to think Casey isn't going to ever spend any time in jail for anything. They had a revolving door installed with her name on it as near as I can tell. (sigh)

I tend to think LE is piling all these financial crimes charges against her in hopes that when they are ready to slap a murder charge, they can use the financial charges as leverage to get her to talk. For instance, if you help us with this murder case we'll drop a couple of these check charges....

Can they do that?

If Casey gets charged with murder, the financial crimes won't really matter. What's 5 years when you're facing life? If anything, it'll keep Casey busy, instead of sitting in a jail cell she'll get to keep dealing with attorneys and going back and forth to court.

If Casey gets charged with murder, the financial crimes won't really matter. What's 5 years when you're facing life? If anything, it'll keep Casey busy, instead of sitting in a jail cell she'll get to keep dealing with attorneys and going back and forth to court.

Good point.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Just Cami
Back