Do you think Leanna Harris will be arrested?

Do you think Leanna Harris will be arrested for crimes related to Cooper's death?

• Yes

Votes: 76 59.8%
  • No

Votes: 51 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted that she would not be arrested.

She ought to be, as IMO, she had a part in this, but I don't think LE will be able to get enough on her to make it a slam dunk and since they already have RH, I have a feeling LH will slip away.

Hope I am wrong.

even though i think she is involved they do not have enough evidence to arest her imo. The only way she will probably be arressted is if her husband agrees to some kind of deal to implicate her. But, again imo, i am not so sure they have enough to procecute him.

ditto

Hiring a lawyer is not an admission of guilt. Come on, people. It's a smart thing to do.

Lawyers were probably reaching out to her. As much as all of us read about crime/law enforcement/attorneys on this board, I bet 99% of us would do the same.

I voted no. If they had anything on Leanna, she would have already been arrested and charged. I'm not looking for anymore big surprises in this case. I think we pretty much know all they have.

I think she'll be indicted by a grand jury in a few weeks for her failure to protect Cooper. They'll then cut her a deal in exchange for her testimony.

JMO

hiring an attorney skilled in criminal defense is what I would consider a smart move for someone who is alleged by the press to be under close scrutiny and investigation. She hasn't been charged, but the suggestion is out there and pretty strongly that LE are looking at her.

I think anyone facing possible criminal charges should hire an attorney. It is not an admission of guilt IMO.

Yes, she needs one for sure. I wonder what she will use for money?

The fund for them is being returned to donors

I suppose there are those who will give her money. The Scamanthonys raked it in

It's only Paypal and it's coming from Paypal...not from LH

hiring an attorney skilled in criminal defense is what I would consider a smart move for someone who is alleged by the press to be under close scrutiny and investigation. She hasn't been charged, but the suggestion is out there and pretty strongly that LE are looking at her.

I think anyone facing possible criminal charges should hire an attorney. It is not an admission of guilt IMO.

It would be ridiculous for her not to be represented under the circumstances, imo. The State pretty well said "you're next" at the PCH. But even if not, she's a witness against her own husband for the death of her own child. She needs counsel for sure!

It's only Paypal and it's coming from Paypal...not from LH

But I am interested in how the conversation (if any) went -- youcaring supposedly deposits funds with the recipient immediately, or so many posts have stated. So I guess I'm curious how CH died on the 18th; RH was arrested on the 18th -- almost immediately the fund was set up (can't find exact date -- anyone?) and not until the 10th/11th of July does Paypal state they will refund everything.

So what does immediately "deposited with the recipient" really mean? Has LH received any funds? If so, I'm guessing that means it's Paypal "eating it" -- if not.... how exactly did THAT conversation go? Between LH & Paypal, that is?

Just something that makes me curious.

But I am interested in how the conversation (if any) went -- youcaring supposedly deposits funds with the recipient immediately, or so many posts have stated. So I guess I'm curious how CH died on the 18th; RH was arrested on the 18th -- almost immediately the fund was set up (can't find exact date -- anyone?) and not until the 10th/11th of July does Paypal state they will refund everything.

So what does immediately "deposited with the recipient" really mean? Has LH received any funds? If so, I'm guessing that means it's Paypal "eating it" -- if not.... how exactly did THAT conversation go? Between LH & Paypal, that is?

Just something that makes me curious.

PayPal spokeswoman Adriana Higuera said customers who used the service to contribute to the campaign at YouCaring.com, where a total of more than $22,000 was given, will be getting their money back.
Higuera noted that people who donate to YouCaring.com do so using different pay services, so at this point only those who gave to the Harris campaign through PayPal will receive a refund.
- See more at: http://www.coloradonewsday.com/news...y-before-his-arrest.html#sthash.0Wn3vXOQ.dpuf

All posts are MOO. Sent via Insignia Flex Tablet.

PayPal spokeswoman Adriana Higuera said customers who used the service to contribute to the campaign at YouCaring.com, where a total of more than $22,000 was given, will be getting their money back.
Higuera noted that people who donate to YouCaring.com do so using different pay services, so at this point only those who gave to the Harris campaign through PayPal will receive a refund.
- See more at: http://www.coloradonewsday.com/news...y-before-his-arrest.html#sthash.0Wn3vXOQ.dpuf

BBM
Thanks for the clarification!! So only those paying through Paypal will receive a refund -- therefore, LH probably received some of the funds but will not receive them all... unless Paypal already "cashed out" and they are "eating" that portion... ?

So still a lot of unknowns since we don't know the percentages and all that -- really irrelevant OTHER THAN me being nosy, lol, and wanting to know if LH was anticipating a payday and found out differently... or if she got it all and this refund has no effect on her at all ... ? We may never know, right?

But definitely thanks for the info -- clearly YouCaring.com does, indeed, intend to pay out as quickly as possible.

BBM
Thanks for the clarification!! So only those paying through Paypal will receive a refund -- therefore, LH probably received some of the funds but will not receive them all... unless Paypal already "cashed out" and they are "eating" that portion... ?

So still a lot of unknowns since we don't know the percentages and all that -- really irrelevant OTHER THAN me being nosy, lol, and wanting to know if LH was anticipating a payday and found out differently... or if she got it all and this refund has no effect on her at all ... ? We may never know, right?

But definitely thanks for the info -- clearly YouCaring.com does, indeed, intend to pay out as quickly as possible.
What is sad is that people in Alabama went to a bank and deposited $ into an acct. The bank put all of that money in to youcaring. Those folks are the main ones who won't be getting $ back. The people who blindly trusted JRH...

As for the money collected before the campaign was taken down, "The proceeds raised by the Harris family campaign were not withheld by YouCaring,'' Blasco said. "Payments are distributed immediately. Anyone wishing to have funds returned can contact PayPal support."

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2014/07/fundraising_campaign_for_justi.html

Looks like PayPal is eating it. It was paid out.

What is sad is that people in Alabama went to a bank and deposited $ into an acct. The bank put all of that money in to youcaring. Those folks are the main ones who won't be getting $ back. The people who blindly trusted JRH...

As for the money collected before the campaign was taken down, "The proceeds raised by the Harris family campaign were not withheld by YouCaring,'' Blasco said. "Payments are distributed immediately. Anyone wishing to have funds returned can contact PayPal support."

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2014/07/fundraising_campaign_for_justi.html

Looks like PayPal is eating it. It was paid out.

Thank you so much for the info -- this is really a shame, IMO. Paypal is giving back on "buyer's remorse" when they might not in any other case; meanwhile, "the recipients" are utilizing their spoils....

JMO

It's hard to decide & read before LH has been charged, that she was involved but I've read online that she planned it with JRH & even here too in speculation or gut. Guess some of you know already? I don't point at her yet & have read quite a bit on both.

There needs to be a lot more evidence for someone to be charged or convicted. Again, the hearing for JHR wasn't by far detailed enough when you consider the charges. The charge is a very strong charge. 30 years, lwop, death. oy vey jmo

Intent needs to be proven to me, but heck GA law doesn't need it, I guess. gah...

Do you think only people in Alabama gave money? I know for a fact some friends in Georgia gave money. They posted about it and shared the care site on FB.

Call me stingy, but I don't give money to all those online things. Plus.... people are personally responsible to bury their loved ones. It's a fiscal responsibility everyone should be planning for, even if you never, ever need it.

It will be interesting to see if they blame each other once in trial, assuming she is arrested. If I was either's lawyer, I think I would want to place the blame on the other and see how that worked.

I had to vote yes, she got an atty then fled the state. I say they can arrest her on: Lying to LE, Hindering an Investigation, Child Neglect/abuse and the most important charge: CONSPIRACY. Period.

I never "donate" to causes online. Ever. I did read yesterday that PayPal was refunding anyone who requested a refund if they paid via paypal which I think was the only way to pay them donations, it was online. JMO

I never "donate" to causes online. Ever. I did read yesterday that PayPal was refunding anyone who requested a refund if they paid via paypal which I think was the only way to pay them donations, it was online. JMO

Same here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to vote yes, she got an atty then fled the state. I say they can arrest her on: Lying to LE, Hindering an Investigation, Child Neglect/abuse and the most important charge: CONSPIRACY. Period.

I doubt she fled the state. She has an attorney who would have asked LE if they had any more questions for her because she was leaving the state to go stay with relatives. LE knows where she is and they could go through her attorney if they had any questions or needed for her to come back. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonleblanc061975@gmail.