Do you think Ms Huckaby acted alone?

Do you think Ms Huckaby acted alone in this crime?

• Yes

Votes: 126 44.7%
  • No

Votes: 89 31.6%
  • I don't know

Votes: 67 23.8%

• Total voters
msfittz, sorry if this is a dumb question: What does "FUBB" mean? lol. thanks!

As far as how I voted: I voted "I don't know" because I simply don't have a clue at this time.....but I think she definitely could have done it alone.

F'd Up Beyond Belief. :blushing:

FBI AND LE said there is NO ONE ELSE involved.

Do you think they lied? Come on, they wouldn't have made that statement.

I'm not accusing LE or FBI of lying.

I cannot for the life of me understand how, or why, she would do this alone.

I seem to remember LE stating for the first few days that they didn't believe there had been foul play, or that she was in danger (or something along those lines), either.

My feelings won't be hurt if you don't agree with me...

That is part of the beauty of 'Websleuths', we can agree to disagree, while still respecting the other person's ability to have a differing opinion.
:blowkiss:

I just voted "acted alone," so, undoubtedly, she didn't, as I haven't been right yet.

FBI AND LE said there is NO ONE ELSE involved.

Do you think they lied? Come on, they wouldn't have made that statement.

Sgt Tony said in his own words that he WOULD lie about a case to the media...

I voted that she DID NOT act alone.... I am not sure how/why/where/who but I don't think she was the only one who was involved

I think she acted alone in kidnapping, murdering and disposing of Sandra's body ~ but I do think why she did it was part of a bigger picture involving others. MOO

I think she acted alone in kidnapping, murdering and disposing of Sandra's body ~ but I do think why she did it was part of a bigger picture involving others. MOO

Well-said.

At this time I voted Do not know.
Because of it being a woman I'll admit to thinking somehow a man is involved also, but there are countless other women out there who kill on their own. I need to know more about what she was involved in, did she have a plan for this or was it some kind of crazy accident?
I hope it was a terrible accident where Sandra died quickly, I hate to think of her suffering through the many things that could have happened to her before her death.

VB

I believe all by herself. She is just another mentally ill girl who was enabled by her family.

I am voting that she did not act alone. My reasoning is because I cannot fathom killing without some sort of motive where I see others involved. (Possible motive = *advertiser censored* or molestation) Even crazy Casey had a motive...revenge on her mom and freedom. My opinion only.

I voted alone. And the more I read the more I am convinced this was premedaited for some reason. Why did she ask Sandra older sister to watch her child while going to the church? Why did she leave her cell phone home? No pings to show where she was.:waitasec:

Is there a reason you called her "Ms Huckaby"? IMO, she doesn't deserve the respect it offers.

Melissa is the source of the statement about Sandra's sister watching her child, the trip to church, and the cell phone and keys being left behind. Take it with a large grain of salt until LE confirms that to be true.

I voted alone. I suspect it will be determined she has violent outbursts, possibly due to drugs, possibly not.

I would LOVE to hear what her ex-husband has to say about her. I wonder if Tracy Press is tracking him down yet.

I voted alone. And the more I read the more I am convinced this was premedaited for some reason. Why did she ask Sandra older sister to watch her child while going to the church? Why did she leave her cell phone home? No pings to show where she was.:waitasec:

I don't see why people can't believe a woman could do something like this: that being said, If some of the things I am hearing turn out to be true (she previously drugged children, and the police believe she is involved with a pedophile ring), It would be unlikely in that case that she acted alone.

http://cbs5.com/local/sandra.cantu.arrest.2.982515.html
watch this video... (the cbs team coverage one) very interesting takes from some of the reporters including the fact that the one call where Melissa was describing the other incident and it cut off (because reporters phone died! Drats!!!!), and also a little piece with the reporter that did the interview that broke this case wide open. I sure do credit that Tracy reporter for following that suitcase story! She really was the impetus to Melissa's arrest!

BTW, the completely tied poll at this point goes along with societal perceptions, generally, of female perps... very interesting.

Juxtapose a male for the perp and see if you can see what I mean... would your vote be different?

When I first learned of the arrest I could not believe that she acted alone because of that stereotypical perception.

I now believe that she acted alone because she is crazy. I think that she was able to tell between right and wrong so she is not legally insane.

I don't think it's necessarily as much about the gender of the perpetrator as it is her relationship (or lack of one) to the victim that makes people doubt she acted alone. Most women who kill in a rage kill their own family members, their own children, not their children's playmates. Most female sexual predators who kill are working in concert with a male predator. And most people trying to cover up an accident in a panic would involve others as accomplices out of necessity. It's not unheard of I'm sure, but it seems unlikely that it was a rage killing because MH wasn't related to Sandra, wasn't her caretaker, and had very little contact with her, so the next assumptions are that the murder was somehow sexual in nature or an accident of some kind. And in those scenarios, it's more likely that others were involved. Of course it's not impossible she acted alone, just that I think it's less about her being a woman and more about her being a woman unrelated to Sandra.

BTW, the completely tied poll at this point goes along with societal perceptions, generally, of female perps... very interesting.

Juxtapose a male for the perp and see if you can see what I mean... would your vote be different?

It would. I'd be more confident. Sorry, but I still think female sexual abusers are few and far between. Unfortunately, MH may be one of the few.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back