Do You Think Susan Will Ever Be Found?

Do You Think Susan Will Be Found?

• Yes

Votes: 287 58.6%
  • No

Votes: 203 41.4%

• Total voters
I don't think Susan will be found.

A psychopath who chased his young children around his house to kill them with a hatchet before setting fire to burn them would have no qualms about chopping his wife into tiny pieces.

I’m new here, and because I was living in neighboring Idaho, and had lived in Utah, I was drawn to this case. I remember fairly early on, investigators mentioned an abandoned mine shaft somewhere in remote Utah, they were unable to search because it reeked of gasoline. Does anyone know if a search of that mine was ever undertaken? I believe it was a horizontal mine vs. a vertical mine. Thank you.

I’m new here, and because I was living in neighboring Idaho, and had lived in Utah, I was drawn to this case. I remember fairly early on, investigators mentioned an abandoned mine shaft somewhere in remote Utah, they were unable to search because it reeked of gasoline. Does anyone know if a search of that mine was ever undertaken? I believe it was a horizontal mine vs. a vertical mine. Thank you.

Bumping this to include my thoughts. I've been following the Susan Powell case for the past few months and this case is absolutely heartbreaking.

I remember fairly early on, investigators mentioned an abandoned mine shaft somewhere in remote Utah, they were unable to search because it reeked of gasoline. Does anyone know if a search of that mine was ever undertaken? I believe it was a horizontal mine vs. a vertical mine.

Cold Podcast gave their answer to this here. It appears that the gasoline hadn't been burnt until several months afterwards, and that while Josh's vehicle was under surveillance he never visited this site. I don't think the gasoline mine shaft had anything to do with this case.

My two cents:
I don't think Susan will ever be found, unfortunately. We know Josh was incredibly adept at erasing evidence (shown by his drives to the various dumpsters in the days after Susan disappeared). Also, we know that at some point, Susan's body was in Michael's car. I believe that the site Josh drove and abandoned Susan's body at was probably just temporary, and that Michael then drove by, put the body in his trunk, and carried it out further. 15 days after her disappearance, Michael sold his car to the salvage yard, hoping it would be destroyed. That and his suicide lead me to believe he was involved. At this point, anything is possible--Michael could have cut up her body and used several garbage bags to dispose of each part, or hidden it essentially anywhere. I want her body to be found, but I don't think it ever will.

Rest in peace, Susan, up somewhere safe and warm with your boys. You deserve it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back