Do you think the Jailhouse Videos will seal Casey's fate?

Responding to her friend's cry, 'If anything happens to that little girl I'll die, I'll just die.' with "Calling you was a waste, a huge waste."

I've heard that many times in three years but it still cuts like a knife. We can only hope it puts her away forever.
Actually, immediately after Christine says, "If anything happens to that little girl, I'll die, I'll just die", Casey callously responds with, "Oh well".

In my opinion, that little "Oh, well", was one of the most chilling things Casey said in that call. I caught it the first time I heard the tape right after it was released- and it sent a chill down my spine.

I have seen all of those jail visit videos, and heard all of the 911 calls, and the first phone call home, so many times since they were released, that I admit I have a hard time viewing them objectively, at this point.

I certainly don't think there is anything in any of them that would support the defense team claim that George intimidated Casey into covering up Caylee's death, or that George was anything but a wonderful grandfather to Caylee, and a father that did the best he could with a daughter like Casey.

I think the videos, etc. really spotlight Casey's narcissism, emotional cruelty, and at times rage towards her friends and family.

The most powerful thing about the videos now, is that the jurors will be viewing them in the context that while Casey was sitting in jail, reassuring her family that Caylee would be coming home soon, and that they should/ shouldn't trust this person or that person, Casey, by her own defense team's admission, definitely knew Caylee was dead.

I have seen and heard the tapes many many times over the last few years. But this was the first time I got to see them with the defense theory in mind AND seeing Casey's face. When I watched them this week I knew she was sunk for sure. She comes off as a lying, cold-hearted b*tch who obviously does not care one bit about her daughter and George comes across as a loving and caring father and grandfather.

Totally agree w/ you. During 911 calls, when Cindy was breaking down on the stand (and yes, I *really believe* she was breaking down), I was sobbing myself for her pain. Her daughter's demeaner during that testimony was the coldest thing I've ever seen. Had that been my mother, I'dve been hysterical. That had to have been sooo telling to the jury. IMO.

I have seen all of those jail visit videos, and heard all of the 911 calls, and the first phone call home, so many times since they were released, that I admit I have a hard time viewing them objectively, at this point.

I certainly don't think there is anything in any of them that would support the defense team claim that George intimidated Casey into covering up Caylee's death, or that George was anything but a wonderful grandfather to Caylee, and a father that did the best he could with a daughter like Casey.

I think the videos, etc. really spotlight Casey's narcissism, emotional cruelty, and at times rage towards her friends and family.

The most powerful thing about the videos now, is that the jurors will be viewing them in the context that while Casey was sitting in jail, reassuring her family that Caylee would be coming home soon, and that they should/ shouldn't trust this person or that person, Casey, by her own defense team's admission, definitely knew Caylee was dead.

There was no hint of fear in Casey at all. She was never afraid of her parents IMO. If anything they were tiptoeing around her.

I have seen and heard the tapes many many times over the last few years. But this was the first time I got to see them with the defense theory in mind AND seeing Casey's face. When I watched them this week I knew she was sunk for sure. She comes off as a lying, cold-hearted b*tch who obviously does not care one bit about her daughter and George comes across as a loving and caring father and grandfather.

Yep. And Casey even tells Lee that she TRUSTS her Mom and Dad (and even some of the players like Amy!). Casey's coffin is being nailed shut with these jailhouse tapes but I agree with the poster that said that it's the cumulative effect of all the circumstantial evidence that will do her in.

IMHO I believe those tapes (jail visits, "waste, huge waste phone call home, and the Universal end of hallway interview) were all big nails in her coffin. That is 3 - only need one more corner and THAT one will be at the end with the tattoo guy. It will seal her fate with this jury - I am sure.

They destroy the DT's opening argument and force them to prove their contentions, something JB did not plan to do or wish to attempt. IMO this is why he sought the late expert testimony -- he had expected (for reasons difficult to fathom) that the tapes would either be excluded or severely edited so as to limit the damage to his client.

But how could he "expect" the tapes to be excluded or redacted if he did not file motions requesting that to be done? It just makes no sense. Judge Belvin Perry made it abundantly clear that the DT sat on their hands about those jailhouse tapes. It boggles the mind that they did not attempt (in a timely manner and doing it during trial isn't timely) to have those tapes edited.

So far I believe the jailhouse tapes have been some of the best evidence against her. The "Its all about me" tapes show the true side of KC.
I feel quite confident all of this was not unnoticed by the jurors.

jmho

Even after listening to these videos and phone calls over the past few years, they never fail to shock me. ICA is as cold as ice and only concerned about herself. She didn't even try to feign concern about Caylee. She is so annoyed with all of the questions that were asked, and doesn't want to talk to LA or CA because they are trying to get a shred of information to help locate Caylee. I can only imagine the jurors' reactions hearing and seeing these for the first time. So yes, I think they will play a huge part in sealing her fate.

You know, I've had the understanding that there is so much stacked against Casey that she is bound to be found guilty. I think these tapes will play a part in Casey's downfall though. I think it shuts the door on the defense's sexual abuse/accidental drowning theory.

But how could he "expect" the tapes to be excluded or redacted if he did not file motions requesting that to be done? It just makes no sense. Judge Belvin Perry made it abundantly clear that the DT sat on their hands about those jailhouse tapes. It boggles the mind that they did not attempt (in a timely manner and doing it during trial isn't timely) to have those tapes edited.
I know what you mean!
I was flabbergasted when Baez stood up to object to one of the videos while it was in the middle of playing! I was sitting here talking to my computer screen, asking, "ARE YOU SERIOUS?!!!" :great:

Many of us recognized from the very beginning how detrimental these tapes would be to Casey, and worried if they would even be allowed to be shown at all.

I can't stop wondering... did Baez really not bother to watch them? Did he just take Casey's word that there was nothing of importance to them? I seriously can't wrap my mind around how the defense dropped the ball on this.

The defense had to do some digging to find one failed proficiency test from eleven years ago, to try to 'discredit' the FBI expert. Yet, they somehow 'overlooked' the content of these tapes? Wow.

Yes, the jailhouse tapes are definitely very, VERY harmful to KC´s case. They are so PAINFUL to watch, much more so than the first time I saw them long ago because now you KNOW that KC is lying her butt off.
It is creepy - I have no better word. To me those tapes are like watching a horror movie, and I ask myself, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT GIRL??? How did she get to be this way?
I think that KC is mentally ill in some way, I think it is obvious. Has she been evaluated by psychiatrists/psychologists?

P.S. Her defence sukks - I am schocked!

These videos have destroyed the DT's theory of what happened, IMO. ICA is toast & I think these videos are going to have much to do with the jury's decision. JMO.

The videos and phone recordings are helping the jury to see what Casey is really like. Casey makes sure to wait and do her smiles and giggles when the jury is not in the courtroom. Casey sits there and pouts, pretends to cry, anything for a show for the jury. However they now get to see what we have been seeing all along. Casey cares only about Casey. Casey never once was concerned about Caylee or even showed any remorse or affection for Caylee. So yes, the videos are definately going to help put Casey away for Life or hopefully Death.

WTH? Aphrodite was actually BUYING the defense argument for a while!!??

Is their a single case in the history of the World where a Suburban mom of average or above intelligence DUMPS her childs body in the woods after an accidental death?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back