Doc Who Tied Vaccine to Autism Ruled Unethical

When I was three, I swallowed the entire mercury load from a real mercury thermometer. If that does it, why don't I have autism?
Just curious.
To me, that says that if it is the mercury, there has to be a genetic predisposition to go along with it.

The only thing that happened to me was it made all my hair fall out. I was one streamlined toddler, but not autistic.

Mercury injested as opposed to injected directly into the deep muscle as MMR shots are would be processed differently. ( I'm guessing injested would be expelled along the line the GI tract?).

...but I killed yet another thread.

I realized that this ...skill?...I have at killing threads may be of use.

:croc: Snarky baiting carp posts where people are arguing? Call me in. Even if it's a 'rumor' thread.

Balloon boy dad and octomom topics that won't go away? I can get rid of them in a single post.

I could probably kill the counting thread and they'd have to start counting backwards again...

Certainly you all know I have a child with autism, how could you not it is in my sig. lol :)

I have to say that I believe that vac. played a part in as to why my son is the way he is. After years of reading and more reading and more reading I think it is something that is predisposed is some children, perhaps genetic that I feel the combination and amount of vacine's given at one time cause the body to overreact and shut down certain aspects of development in the brain where the nervous system is involved.

My son was fine until his 18 month shots and within 2 months he was not there anymore.
His personality was gone, he would not look at me, did not want to be held, could not talk, did not respond when you talked to him, he started having horrible issues with digestive issues, bowel problems the list goes on and on, he just faded away.....

It was devestating to say the least, I thought I was a horrible mom and I had done something wrong. It is a feeling I will never forget.

If you read about mercury poisoning you will see that there are alot of the same behaviors that occur in Autism so I can see where that is coming from. But if you read more you will also see that Mecury is everywhere not just in the vacine's in question.
There is a term they call Mother's mercury here is a little snippet from an article, but Mercury is in the air we breathe, the fish we eat, the article is eye opening if nothing else...I will stop rambling on here but we do need more resaerch but I do feel that vac. trigger something underlying and if the vac. companies would just do these studies instead of trying to cover their butt our pedi's could possible be able to test a child before giving the vacinations to see if they are at risk for a predisposed condition instead of running them through like cattle and hoping for the best.
I had one doctor tell me that the benefits of the vacinations far out weighs the chance the child may get Autism , he apparentley has not lived with a child who has Autism.
Here is the link I was talking about, the article about MM is center :

Mother's Mercury

Just before leaving office, the Clinton Administration wrote regulations to reduce mercury air pollution. Nobody argues that high levels of mercury contamination can cause birth defects and brain damage.

Although cases of obvious mercury poisoning are rare, levels in rain and surface waters have risen over the decades, and coal-burning power plants are the largest single source of mercury in the air. Pres. Clinton's Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) proposed a 90 percent reduction in electric-utility emissions by the end of 2007.

Industry objected. Too expensive, it said. "...there is no existing technology that can control mercury emissions across the entire utility industry," it wrote.

The new administration deep-sixed the Clinton cuts and called for a regulatory system to reduce utility mercury by 70 percent -- in 2018.

Like the Administration's earlier proposal to ease regulation on arsenic in drinking water, the back-tracking alarmed physicians, public-health types and environmental activists. The EPA itself had said that each year, mothers' mercury threatened 300,000 American children with brain defects (see "Blood Organic Mercury").

"The fundamental question is, does this protect children as soon as technologically possible? Everything indicates that it doesn't," says Susan West Marmagas, director of environment and health programs at the non-profit Physicians for Social Responsibility. Charging that two EPA reviews had already agreed that power plant controls were feasible, she adds, "We have the technology to produce the 90 percent reduction by 2007, and this proposal does not do it soon enough."

The revised mercury rule also sparked protests from eastern-state senators. The March of Dimes, an organization that fights birth defects, asked the EPA to "withdraw its current proposal on mercury emissions from coal-powered utility units and replace it with a more stringent set of guidelines to be implemented as soon as possible." Industrial mercury, the normally non-political group said, "seriously threatens the health of America's mothers and babies

http://heartspring.net/mercury_poison_symptoms.html

Link

Retracted autism study an 'elaborate fraud,' British journal findsBy the CNN Wire Staff
January 5, 2011 8:14 p.m. EST

...The series of articles launched Wednesday are investigative journalism, not results of a clinical study. The writer, Brian Deer, said Wakefield "chiseled" the data before him, "falsifying medical histories of children and essentially concocting a picture, which was the picture he was contracted to find by lawyers hoping to sue vaccine manufacturers and to create a vaccine scare."

Unfortunately, (Wakefield's) core group of supporters is not going to let the facts dissuade their beliefs that MMR causes autism.
--Dr. Max Wiznitzer, pediatric neurologist

According to BMJ, Wakefield received more than 435,000 pounds ($674,000) from the lawyers. Godlee said the study shows that of the 12 cases Wakefield examined in his paper, five showed developmental problems before receiving the MMR vaccine and three never had autism.

"It's always hard to explain fraud and where it affects people to lie in science," Godlee said. "But it does seem a financial motive was underlying this, both in terms of payments by lawyers and through legal aid grants that he received but also through financial schemes that he hoped would benefit him through diagnostic and other tests for autism and MMR-related issues."...

There are some sick people in this world, but taking money from lawyers to create a panic has got to be one of the sickest things.

This news makes me very, very angry. I remember reading about the studies that this man conducted, and I remember being terrified to have my sons vaccinated.......I delayed their shots for as long as I could, even homeschooling rather than submitting to the vaccinations.

I also know a few families PERSONALLY who have autistic children and they are certain that the vaccinations caused the condition. One of my friends even has a video of her daughter taken the week before her shots, and the little girl is engaging with her mother, responding to her mother and smiling and laughing. A video the week after the vaccinations shows a little girl who is (for lack of a better way to describe this) divorced from her mother and from her world. She is rocking back and forth and spinning a little wheel on the bottom of a toy car....

So, because of my personal experience with my friends and their little ones, I think I do believe that the vaccinations had something to do with their autism.

His studies were conducted TRYING to find a link, to justify lawsuits, and I guess he just "chiseled" and "modified" his findings to find what he was paid to find.

HOWEVER, does his lack of morality mean there is no link? Or that he was too lazy to conduct a proper study?

(As an aside: I must mention that of the families I know who have autistic children, NONE of them have blamed the MMR. All of them blame the DPT shot for being the instigator. I'm not sure if that means anything or not, but needed to mention it.)

Certainly you all know I have a child with autism, how could you not it is in my sig. lol :)

I have to say that I believe that vac. played a part in as to why my son is the way he is. After years of reading and more reading and more reading I think it is something that is predisposed is some children, perhaps genetic that I feel the combination and amount of vacine's given at one time cause the body to overreact and shut down certain aspects of development in the brain where the nervous system is involved.

My son was fine until his 18 month shots and within 2 months he was not there anymore.
His personality was gone, he would not look at me, did not want to be held, could not talk, did not respond when you talked to him, he started having horrible issues with digestive issues, bowel problems the list goes on and on, he just faded away.....

It was devestating to say the least, I thought I was a horrible mom and I had done something wrong. It is a feeling I will never forget.

If you read about mercury poisoning you will see that there are alot of the same behaviors that occur in Autism so I can see where that is coming from. But if you read more you will also see that Mecury is everywhere not just in the vacine's in question.
There is a term they call Mother's mercury here is a little snippet from an article, but Mercury is in the air we breathe, the fish we eat, the article is eye opening if nothing else...I will stop rambling on here but we do need more resaerch but I do feel that vac. trigger something underlying and if the vac. companies would just do these studies instead of trying to cover their butt our pedi's could possible be able to test a child before giving the vacinations to see if they are at risk for a predisposed condition instead of running them through like cattle and hoping for the best.
I had one doctor tell me that the benefits of the vacinations far out weighs the chance the child may get Autism , he apparentley has not lived with a child who has Autism.
Here is the link I was talking about, the article about MM is center :

Mother's Mercury

Just before leaving office, the Clinton Administration wrote regulations to reduce mercury air pollution. Nobody argues that high levels of mercury contamination can cause birth defects and brain damage.

Although cases of obvious mercury poisoning are rare, levels in rain and surface waters have risen over the decades, and coal-burning power plants are the largest single source of mercury in the air. Pres. Clinton's Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) proposed a 90 percent reduction in electric-utility emissions by the end of 2007.

Industry objected. Too expensive, it said. "...there is no existing technology that can control mercury emissions across the entire utility industry," it wrote.

The new administration deep-sixed the Clinton cuts and called for a regulatory system to reduce utility mercury by 70 percent -- in 2018.

Like the Administration's earlier proposal to ease regulation on arsenic in drinking water, the back-tracking alarmed physicians, public-health types and environmental activists. The EPA itself had said that each year, mothers' mercury threatened 300,000 American children with brain defects (see "Blood Organic Mercury").

"The fundamental question is, does this protect children as soon as technologically possible? Everything indicates that it doesn't," says Susan West Marmagas, director of environment and health programs at the non-profit Physicians for Social Responsibility. Charging that two EPA reviews had already agreed that power plant controls were feasible, she adds, "We have the technology to produce the 90 percent reduction by 2007, and this proposal does not do it soon enough."

The revised mercury rule also sparked protests from eastern-state senators. The March of Dimes, an organization that fights birth defects, asked the EPA to "withdraw its current proposal on mercury emissions from coal-powered utility units and replace it with a more stringent set of guidelines to be implemented as soon as possible." Industrial mercury, the normally non-political group said, "seriously threatens the health of America's mothers and babies

http://heartspring.net/mercury_poison_symptoms.html

Your experience with your son is heartrendingly similar to that of my friends. God bless you, MysticRose, and your child.

I surely do hope and pray we find out one day WHAT has happened to these innocent ones.

Link

Retracted autism study an 'elaborate fraud,' British journal findsBy the CNN Wire Staff
January 5, 2011 8:14 p.m. EST

Snipped for space

This type of fraud is especially hideous! IMO

So many children have not been vaccinated because of this crap. It is so sad that with all the resources we have at our disposal, that we have kids going unprotected because of fear. This is not to mention the kids who have actually suffered from preventable diseases based on this lie.

I wonder how long it will take to undo the harm this liar has done? And, oh yeah, of course, he did it for money.

Sorry for the rant, I just can't believe it took so long to expose this, and the harm done is inexcusable.

This news makes me very, very angry. I remember reading about the studies that this man conducted, and I remember being terrified to have my sons vaccinated.......I delayed their shots for as long as I could, even homeschooling rather than submitting to the vaccinations.

I also know a few families PERSONALLY who have autistic children and they are certain that the vaccinations caused the condition. One of my friends even has a video of her daughter taken the week before her shots, and the little girl is engaging with her mother, responding to her mother and smiling and laughing. A video the week after the vaccinations shows a little girl who is (for lack of a better way to describe this) divorced from her mother and from her world. She is rocking back and forth and spinning a little wheel on the bottom of a toy car....

So, because of my personal experience with my friends and their little ones, I think I do believe that the vaccinations had something to do with their autism.

His studies were conducted TRYING to find a link, to justify lawsuits, and I guess he just "chiseled" and "modified" his findings to find what he was paid to find.

HOWEVER, does his lack of morality mean there is no link? Or that he was too lazy to conduct a proper study?

(As an aside: I must mention that of the families I know who have autistic children, NONE of them have blamed the MMR. All of them blame the DPT shot for being the instigator. I'm not sure if that means anything or not, but needed to mention it.)

Your experience with your son is heartrendingly similar to that of my friends. God bless you, MysticRose, and your child.

I surely do hope and pray we find out one day WHAT has happened to these innocent ones.

At what age do signs of autism normally show up in a child?

At what age do signs of autism normally show up in a child?

Due to the fact that the autism spectrum includes so many levels of deficits and characteristics it is actually quite a spread of years. In our case, I had suspicions prior to one year of age, but everything was so subtle even my husband was mystified when I brought up my concerns to him. Our son wasn't definitively diagnosed until he was 4,(but it was a year long process) but the more severe cases tend to be diagnosed much earlier, when key milestones start being missed or regression occurs. I don't believe vaccines have anything to with autism. And this study was discredited long ago. Not sure why it's news again?? This quack is a disgrace. What deadly damage he has done.

Due to the fact that the autism spectrum includes so many levels of deficits and characteristics it is actually quite a spread of years. In our case, I had suspicions prior to one year of age, but everything was so subtle even my husband was mystified when I brought up my concerns to him. Our son wasn't definitively diagnosed until he was 4,(but it was a year long process) but the more severe cases tend to be diagnosed much earlier, when key milestones start being missed or regression occurs. I don't believe vaccines have anything to with autism. And this study was discredited long ago. Not sure why it's news again?? This quack is a disgrace. What deadly damage he has done.

I'm thinking that autism being diagnosed after the shot may just be coincidents.

I'm thinking that autism being diagnosed after the shot may just be coincidents.

I agree. Just think of how rapidly children develop and how many milestones are recognized over the course of the first 3 years or so. The fact that vaccinations are taking place during these years is unfortunate because they have now become an easy scapegoat for many. A disorder diagnosed in large part because of missed developmental milestones or regression of previously mastered developmental stages happens to reveal itself largely during these years, and while vaccinations are beneficial and necessary, who enjoys the thought of needles going into their perfect new babies? We're predisposed to be resentful and suspicious of something which causes even the briefest discomfort to our babies. It's not surprising that people have latched onto the idea that vaccines are responsible, but at some point one has to understand the science and move on. I don't know that we'll ever know why it happens. I think we're better off now throwing resources behind therapies to help our children live happy, fulfilling lives. The therapists that work with my son don't even make a living wage. And they do such important work.

I agree. Just think of how rapidly children develop and how many milestones are recognized over the course of the first 3 years or so. The fact that vaccinations are taking place during these years is unfortunate because they have now become an easy scapegoat for many. A disorder diagnosed in large part because of missed developmental milestones or regression of previously mastered developmental stages happens to reveal itself largely during these years, and while vaccinations are beneficial and necessary, who enjoys the thought of needles going into their perfect new babies? We're predisposed to be resentful and suspicious of something which causes even the briefest discomfort to our babies. It's not surprising that people have latched onto the idea that vaccines are responsible, but at some point one has to understand the science and move on. I don't know that we'll ever know why it happens. I think we're better off now throwing resources behind therapies to help our children live happy, fulfilling lives. The therapists that work with my son don't even make a living wage. And they do such important work.

The worst part is he's put true autism research 16 years behind. :furious:

The worst part is he's put true autism research 16 years behind. :furious:

Exactly and for his own selfish greed and at what costs to the who knows how many children who may lose their health due to not being vaccinated.

I had no idea he was paid more than a half million for these studies. I'd be curious to know how much the lawyers he paid received in frivilious law suits as a result of his unethical let's all get rich scheme.

Exactly and for his own selfish greed and at what costs to the who knows how many children who may lose their health due to not being vaccinated.

I had no idea he was paid more than a half million for these studies. I'd be curious to know how much the lawyers he paid received in frivilious law suits as a result of his unethical let's all get rich scheme.

I would too and I'm gonna bet dollars to donuts they don't have to give a single cent back. They commit a crime on this level and will walk away Scott free and rich.

I would too and I'm gonna bet dollars to donuts they don't have to give a single cent back. They commit a crime on this level and will walk away Scott free and rich.

Kinda like selling pictures of a dead child. Blood Money at it's finest.
moo:cow:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin