Documentary aims to 'break silence' on crash of TWA Flight 800

Remember this?

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 7103(b)(1) of title 5 of the United States Code, and having determined that the Naval Special Warfare Development Group has as a primary function intelligence, counter-intelligence, investigative, or national security work and that the provisions of Chapter 71 of title 5 of the United States Code cannot be applied to this organization in a manner consistent with national security requirements and considerations, Executive Order 12171 of November 19, 1979, as amended, is further amended by adding the following at the end of section 1-205:

"(i) Naval Special Warfare Development Group."

WILLIAM J. CLINTON

THE WHITE HOUSE,

March 11, 1997."

-=-=-=-=-

Another question unanswered.

That question came from an Apache helicopter pilot now serving.
I do not want to take the credit. Thanks Nate!

Remember this?

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 7103(b)(1) of title 5 of the United States Code, and having determined that the Naval Special Warfare Development Group has as a primary function intelligence, counter-intelligence, investigative, or national security work and that the provisions of Chapter 71 of title 5 of the United States Code cannot be applied to this organization in a manner consistent with national security requirements and considerations, Executive Order 12171 of November 19, 1979, as amended, is further amended by adding the following at the end of section 1-205:

"(i) Naval Special Warfare Development Group."

WILLIAM J. CLINTON

THE WHITE HOUSE,

March 11, 1997."

-=-=-=-=-

Another question unanswered.

Now, why would Clinton sign an executive order preventing the NSWDG from having to give up any information pertaining to their recovery efforts of TWA Flight 800?

From Nate.

I will shut up and listen. Guess we will never know.

Quoting Steefhog,

No. You're not.

IIRC....wasn't Pierre Salinger making all kinds of noise from Paris that he had evidence proving a missile attack? Then he suddenly went quiet.

I figured if it WAS the Navy, we were never likely to know...and they were never likely to repeat the mistake.

The only conspiracy would be the cover up. The Navy would not have done this deliberately. Just a super-oops. Like when turret 2 blew on the Iowa. They couldn't cover it up, so they tried to blame it on a sailor

The Pierre Salinger questions came up in the youtube video that Steely Dan provided the link for.

This video would be wrong with saying the right wing, the correct wing would be the left wing.

Will go back and make sure of the facts, but I am sure it was the left.

The missile circled around and hit the left wing.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Missile did not go thru it. It was a proximity missile.

Missile did not go thru it. It was a proximity missile.

My apologies, but in googling it isn't clear to me, what is a "proximity missile" TIA.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

My apologies, but in googling it isn't clear to me, what is a "proximity missile" TIA.

A proximity missile explodes beneath the target, causing the target above to explode due the pressure wave. I think. :waitasec:

A proximity missile would blow up outside the object, and not penetrate the object. So it to me it would be throwing a hand grenade vs a buster bunker bomb or something that penetrates.

So I decided to pester DH about this last night, lol. I asked him if I could ask him something about his time in the Navy, and after a joking "no, I didn't see anything about UFOs", (I used to watch too much x-files back in the 90s lol), I said no, not UFOs, something else. And he replied, "the navy didn't shoot down that plane". :eek: I was like, okay, HOW did you know I was going to ask about that! :eek:

Anyway, his opinion is that it was not a cover up of an accidental shoot down because if it WERE an accidental shoot down, they would have just hung the lowest ranking person out to dry for it. That it wouldnt have been worth a cover up when they can just have some low ranking person take the blame, and the officers are untouched. In other words, not big enough potatoes to risk a huge CYA.

I disagree, of course. And he did say that even if there was a cover up, he would not have seen/heard anything, since he worked Intel side, and it is the Operations side that would have been involved in the training exercises/any hypothetical coverup of a shoot-down, and that Intel and Ops DO NOT talk to each other. Or at least they didn't back in 1996.

He also said any cover up would not necessarily have involved lots of people, since any and all information is evaluated constantly, and decisions made before briefings as to whether that info gets passed up the chain (preserving plausible deniability for higher ups). It would have been shut down and compartmentalised fast. So any idea that a cover up might extend from say, the CNO all the way up to the President is unlikely. It would not even get to the CNO.

Anyway, that's all the info I got, until the doc comes out! :twocents:

Oh GL, you remind me of myself with the way I interrogate my hubby when I am on some case. My poor hubby has been asked the oddest things by me and surely thinks I am a nutcase (ok well he knows I am one and loves me anyway, lol). I have asked him about decomposing bodies, incinerators, alligators eating bodies, body recoveries, bullets to the head, and all sorts of other morbid crap.

I have even on occasion been tempted to ambush him to see if I could take him down and drag his body down the hall. But then I remember that this is a 6 ft tall man man who hunts 10 ft long alligators for fun so I have zero chance of taking him down with my lil 5 ft tall self.

Perhaps there should be a support group for the spouses of us WSer's?:floorlaugh:

Oh GL, you remind me of myself with the way I interrogate my hubby when I am on some case. My poor hubby has been asked the oddest things by me and surely thinks I am a nutcase (ok well he knows I am one and loves me anyway, lol). I have asked him about decomposing bodies, incinerators, alligators eating bodies, body recoveries, bullets to the head, and all sorts of other morbid crap.

I have even on occasion been tempted to ambush him to see if I could take him down and drag his body down the hall. But then I remember that this is a 6 ft tall man man who hunts 10 ft long alligators for fun so I have zero chance of taking him down with my lil 5 ft tall self.

Perhaps there should be a support group for the spouses of us WSer's?:floorlaugh:

I swear, I don't know how they put up with us! :lol: like I said, I used to watch way too much X-Files, and spent too much time on alt newsgroups back in the day, and though I am not a true conspiracy theorist, there have always been some that intrigued me, so the whole time DH was in naval intel I was constantly trying to get info. I would verbally ambush the man every time I heard a news story about a UFO, or some hint of a cover up on something. Worst military spouse ever, right here. :innocent:

Now it's "if you were to kidnap an adult woman/man, how would you do it in x,y,z situation?" Or "where would you hide a body?" . If he didn't know me, he'd have run far away fast long ago lol. I should try the physical ambush on him, he is 6'3 and I'm like you, just 5'1" ... :help:

Conspiracy theories, outrage swirl around TWA 800 plane crash

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/20/us/twa-800-documentary-debate/index.html

Longtime aviation journalist Sylvia Adcock thought one point was worth noting: The documentary boasts that "investigators finally break their silence." That's interesting because, Adcock says, one of the investigators actually testified during a Senate hearing in 1999. "It would seem that if he had something more pertinent to say he would have said it long ago," Adcock wrote in her CNN opinion piece.

"As far as I can tell from reading the petition, there's no new evidence," Polk said. "But their alternative interpretation of existing evidence and their assumptions alone probably will not be sufficient to persuade the NTSB to start all over again from scratch."

Another article that has some back history on the documentary creators.

TWA 800: Internet’s first conspiracy theory comes roaring back!

http://www.salon.com/2013/06/20/twa_800_internets_first_conspiracy_theory_comes_roaring_back/

Hank Hughes, the former NTSB senior accident investigator who is the most prominent ”whistle-blower” in the film, has spoken publicly on several occasions about his belief that the FBI tampered with the investigation, and even testified before the Senate about it in 1999. He told the hearing convened by Sen. Chuck Grassley that he saw FBI agents tampering with and discarding evidence, entering his hangar in the middle of the night for unknown reasons, and even bringing a psychic to review the wreckage.

Now, why would Clinton sign an executive order preventing the NSWDG from having to give up any information pertaining to their recovery efforts of TWA Flight 800?

From Nate.

Good question. Do you have an answer?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipstar2