Documentary Film Project

Just to launch a film can cost thousands of dollars and while the main producer is currently funding this, he thought if people wanted to contribute that would be a good thing and wanted to provide an avenue for this. The team also thought that people might want to help and be part of the filmmaking process. Right now the plan is to have this film set up as a non-profit so people can get a tax credit for donations and that some of the proceeds can somehow memorialize the girls. [/LEFT]

Here's the deal, it doesn't have to be set up this way and the producers can make the film on their own but thought it might be nice to give back to the community so-to-speak. The producers are good people and didn't want to have any "negativity" towards the film, the production or for people to think they're just out to make money on this.​

I can tell you that's not the case, they have their reasons for making this film. In my opinion, at least they are keeping this case alive and doing something that can potentially help find who did this. That's it for now.​

I was waiting for this bit of information. They're looking for money, folks.

Aren't people who put money into films called "backers" and don't they get a piece of the action? Isn't that the whole point of people backing a film......in the hopes that they will get in on a "hit" and make money on their investment?

I was able to talk the producers into letting me respond here. They don't want to create any issues or problems. I do know that the producers were a little shocked when they found that the post for Kickstarter was taken down.​

The entire 11 and 13 production team thought that it would be a great idea to post the link here since there seems to be an overwhelming response to help find the people that did this to Taylor and Skyla.​

Just to launch a film can cost thousands of dollars and while the main producer is currently funding this, he thought if people wanted to contribute that would be a good thing and wanted to provide an avenue for this. The team also thought that people might want to help and be part of the filmmaking process. Right now the plan is to have this film set up as a non-profit so people can get a tax credit for donations and that some of the proceeds can somehow memorialize the girls.​

Here's the deal, it doesn't have to be set up this way and the producers can make the film on their own but thought it might be nice to give back to the community so-to-speak. The producers are good people and didn't want to have any "negativity" towards the film, the production or for people to think they're just out to make money on this.​

I can tell you that's not the case, they have their reasons for making this film. In my opinion, at least they are keeping this case alive and doing something that can potentially help find who did this. That's it for now.​
sounds like they just want to make a buck too, let the main producer fund this, a producer is already aware of the cost of a documentary or movie. if he is capable of funding it let him fund it. now this whole thing sounds like a get rich scam and to top things off trying to get rich off of the girls murder. shame on you. of course we all were willing to help until the red flags came up. their hearts aren't in the right place it's being replaced by dollar signs. just my opinion.

Hatgirl, it seems you don't know much about this case. The people on here have put their hearts and $$ into this case for the last 18 months. You and your producers really need to do your research better. To come on here and profess to care about the girls and the case and dangle a documentary in front of us then ask for $$ is offensive and makes me angry.

Your recent post pretending to be surprised that your link was removed shows that you know nothing about us here on Websleuths. I hope a documentary is done on the girls by someone but your company does not deserve a dime for doing it.

And so now to those that questioned why some posts in this thread had been deleted, you now know why :)

We haven't heard one peep about this since it came out that money was wanted.
*things that make u go hmmmmm*

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back