Does Anyone Think It Was Darin?

Swirlz

Reaction score
Question for people who don't think it was Darlie:

Who do you think did it? Was it Darin?

Don't think Darin had anything to do with the murder of the two boys but believe he was part of the cover up.

I think that it could have been him. Either physically doing it, or planning it. If he "only" planned it, I think that perhaps it was supposed to be something else and it all went wrong. I'm not saying that he's the one who did it or planned it, but rather that I can see him as a suspect and wish LE would have investigated him.

I think that it could have been him. Either physically doing it, or planning it. If he "only" planned it, I think that perhaps it was supposed to be something else and it all went wrong. I'm not saying that he's the one who did it or planned it, but rather that I can see him as a suspect and wish LE would have investigated him.

Why do you assume LE didn't? He would definitely have been high on the suspect list to begin with.

LE did investigate him. He was quickly ruled out. Darlie couldn't be.

Why do you assume LE didn't? He would definitely have been high on the suspect list to begin with.

I haven't looked into the details of the case for a while, but if I remember correctly, they went straight to Darlie as the only suspect.

LE did investigate him. He was quickly ruled out. Darlie couldn't be.

Are you sure about this? I haven't looked in this case for a while but, like I just replied to someone else... from what I remember, they immediately thought Darlie was the one who did it and they never investigated her husband. I could be missing/forgetting something here and if so, you would be kind to explain or point out to me when and how they did investigate him.

Are you sure about this? I haven't looked in this case for a while but, like I just replied to someone else... from what I remember, they immediately thought Darlie was the one who did it and they never investigated her husband. I could be missing/forgetting something here and if so, you would be kind to explain or point out to me when and how they did investigate him.

Yes I'm sure about this. It's been a few years since I read all the transcripts and all the appeals so my memory isn't that sharp about the details. But his footprints weren't present in blood anywhere. They had both Darlie and Darin walk and run with inked bare feet on long rolls of paper to determine their prints and running strides, and Darlie's matched but not Darin's. Darin's statements did not waver, they were always consistent, whereas Darlie's stories constantly changed. She herself repeatedly stated that Darin was not the killer. Darin was doing CPR on the oldest son as noted by LE but Darlie had the towel to her own neck and didn't help her younger son.

It is very important in murder cases that conclusions aren't based on memory but evidence and facts. Darlie was found guilty because that's what the evidence proved.

It is very important in murder cases that conclusions aren't based on memory but evidence and facts. Darlie was found guilty because that's what the evidence proved.

I don't know if your post was directed to me but I wanted to say that I did think that Darlie was innocent back in the years when I was actively researching the case. I had read everything there was about this case. Everything. So my conclusion wasn't based on "memory", but rather on my interpretation of evidence and facts.

No I believe beyond any doubt it was Darlie who murdered the two boys.
Question for people who don't think it was Darlie:

Who do you think did it? Was it Darin?

Absolutely not. Darin had nothing to do with it. If you were ever able to sit w him one on one & here him tell you that night in its entirety, you’d have no doubt. The nightmares, how much this had changed him. He has struggled. No one knows of how they’d react or who they’d be after a trauma like this. Darin had nothing to do with it.

I agree that Darin had nothing to do with the actual murders. He did, however, lie to cover for Darlie after the fact. I think he came downstairs after hearing something and saw his boys covered in blood and knew in his soul that Darlie did it. Why did he lie for her? Who knows? Guilt for calling her fat, guilt for not making enough money to keep her happy, etc.

I wish they’d just convert her to LWOP and end the ridiculous appeals. At least that way she won’t die a martyr to the anti-DP cause.

That's just an old untrue claim, made by Darlie's lawyer Cooper who is not very well versed with the truth. Darin was in fact the first suspect in this case but all the physical evidence pointed to Darlie and not him. Darin's statements to police never changed whilst Darlie's constantly changed as she learned evidence. They did not immediately target Darlie as the suspect. because Cron said within an half hour he knew there was no intruder and it was an inside job but he did not ever claim nor any of the police officers claim they immediately thought it was Darlie.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back