Does parenthood and age effect our judgement?

Where are we devided?

• charges

Votes: 128 48.9%
  • no charges

Votes: 68 26.0%
  • under 40 no kids/grand kids

Votes: 12 4.6%
  • under 40 with kids/grand kids

Votes: 74 28.2%
  • over 40 no kids/grand kids

Votes: 15 5.7%
  • over 40 with kids/grand kids

Votes: 154 58.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Realizing that the poll is not closely attached to evidence or sleuthing--and that's a nice break--this is fascinating idea!

I hope you will be able to graph the results...and post them. The chart would be very interesting per demographics.

I have voted, but any self-identifying data will not appear here in writing for reasons that are obvious to Steed, MI-5, Mr. Peel, and others. Yes, that is a recent photo and accuratate to a T. My hair looks set or fakey? Pardon me, but as L'Oreal ads once said, some are born with it. :crazy:

Cheers, all.

Under 40 with 3 kids. No charges.

Maybe I missed something but charge them with what? Is there evidence of something?

Maybe I missed something but charge them with what? Is there evidence of something?

Thank you, I thought it was just me who couldn't make sense of this thread.

My bet's on CHARGE THEM FOR BEING CASEY"S PARENTS!!!!

Yes, videotape of them lying to the FBI. That in of itself is highly illegal. If they were not involved in such a high profile case with them being key witnesses most likely I think they would already be in prison.

I think the poll should be divided as to which of the Anthony's we may think might be charged, I didnt vote on charges because I dont feel they will all be charged, but I suspect one of them may be.
I am older, 70 , have 13 grandchildren, plus 7 great grandchildren with one on the way! Life is great ,esp. since i retired and have the time to do what I please. I have become wiser with age and children are the light of my life.

over 40 with 3 adult children and 8 grandchildren. They should be charged ( I dont want them to go to jail, but some community service might be in order). Lying to the police , FBI and the public should have some repercussions, at least to a humbling extent. It would be a disservice to society to just drop it and say its ok to lie. I aslo feel they are victims, but it still does not make lying ok.

Age definitely affects how you feel about such matters. When I was 20 I had no idea how precious my grandchildren would be, and could not fathom loving anyone as much as I loved my children. Time tends to open your eyes to many things in life. When I was young I thought I had a good grasp on the meaning of life and love. ha. Still, every day brings something new to learn and contemplate.

Yosande. It was really brave of you to step away, I hope your grand kids are all OK.:blowkiss:

I'm so torn on this subject. We know they can't claim ignorance of the law and even if they do all kids learn this is no defense before they get their first drivers license! I just always felt CA was pedaling as fast as she could to keep Caylee alive, the fact that it helped KC was secondary. And Geo was just supporting Cindy. Lee is a whole other matter but I don't think he's done anything to help KC intentionally.

LE was so kind to them. So understanding. But Caylee has been their only concern since day 31.

Thank you for the kind words. It might have been brave I suppose, but I went to a cyber advice site and they told me flat out I was an enabler and though I thought I was helping my daughter, I was actually hurting her, and that gave me the courage to do the right thing.
They weren't the first ones who gave me similiar advice, but they were the first strangers to do so. When I asked for input from trusted others, they completely agreed. I was also given hope that in a year or two, she would be standing on her own feet, and even thankful. So I set my eyes on the prize to endure the extreme insults and accusations in the present.
I have learned much with what has happend to Caylee. I don't think CA could have saved Caylee no matter what she tried, and honestly her incredible patience with Casey was what kept her from her ultimate acting out sooner. I personally believe that. CA has incredible love for her family. Casey simply abused that love.
That's just my opinion.
I understand LE has done a good job in this case.
They have been extremely patient with CA.

Let's see, I'm 44 with 6 (yes six) kids, Daughters are 25, 19, 16 and 8, Son's are 18 and 12 and one grandson (7months).

Since it's public record, I'll spill, Oldest Daughter 25, just got out of prison, we thought while she was going to college (btw she was actually going, she got her A.S. in the mail after her sentencing hearing), that she was working as a waitress at a well known chain resteraunt. We had no clue that she WASN'T, she was using this place as her "cover" to sell drugs (trafficking), everyone there knew her and I could call up anytime and if she wasn't there, the employees would let her know that I had called as soon as she came in and she would call me from their phone. I can't even begin to tell you how I felt when DEA and all that goes along with it, show up at my house in the middle of the night to execute a search warrent and a warrent for my daughters arrest. I was mortified, humiliated, angry (actually seeing red), and pretty much screaming at the cops "your wrong" "My daughter wouldn't do that" blah blah blah.

Needless to say, if I had been caught on tape, it would not have been one of my finer moments :crazy:

But (big but here), when they pulled the liner out of her trunk, and the proof was there for me to see, I shut up and handed the cops my copy of the key to her car.

I visited her in jail while she was awaiting trial, I visited her in her 3 year stay in prison, I bought her a bike when she went to Work Release so she could go to and from work.

The point to this? I feel so sorry for Cindy, but I don't feel that it gives her a get out of jail free card, if she has done anything to cover up what KC has done.

You can love and support, without enabling.

Let's see, I'm 44 with 6 (yes six) kids, Daughters are 25, 19, 16 and 8, Son's are 18 and 12 and one grandson (7months).

Since it's public record, I'll spill, Oldest Daughter 25, just got out of prison, we thought while she was going to college (btw she was actually going, she got her A.S. in the mail after her sentencing hearing), that she was working as a waitress at a well known chain resteraunt. We had no clue that she WASN'T, she was using this place as her "cover" to sell drugs (trafficking), everyone there knew her and I could call up anytime and if she wasn't there, the employees would let her know that I had called as soon as she came in and she would call me from their phone. I can't even begin to tell you how I felt when DEA and all that goes along with it, show up at my house in the middle of the night to execute a search warrent and a warrent for my daughters arrest. I was mortified, humiliated, angry (actually seeing red), and pretty much screaming at the cops "your wrong" "My daughter wouldn't do that" blah blah blah.

Needless to say, if I had been caught on tape, it would not have been one of my finer moments :crazy:

But (big but here), when they pulled the liner out of her trunk, and the proof was there for me to see, I shut up and handed the cops my copy of the key to her car.

I visited her in jail while she was awaiting trial, I visited her in her 3 year stay in prison, I bought her a bike when she went to Work Release so she could go to and from work.

The point to this? I feel so sorry for Cindy, but I don't feel that it gives her a get out of jail free card, if she has done anything to cover up what KC has done.

Just signed and I see your post here. Had your Wheaties this morning huh? :)

Congrats on those 6 kids. Thats great. I made the brilliant decison to have one. By the time he started kindergarten - sure regretted that. :chicken:

3 girls!!!:eek: That alone would scare the bejeezus out of me. I have one boy. Hopefully the other kids have been good learners from what happened. I'm sure it broke your heart, but you're still here to talk about it. Glad you did too.
:thumb:

Hope your daughter is now fine.

Just signed and I see your post here. Had your Wheaties this morning huh? :)

Congrats on those 6 kids. Thats great. I made the brilliant decison to have one. By the time he started kindergarten - sure regretted that. :chicken:

3 girls!!!:eek: That alone would scare the bejeezus out of me. I have one boy. Hopefully the other kids have been good learners from what happened. I'm sure it broke your heart, but you're still here to talk about it. Glad you did too.
:thumb:

Hope your daughter is now fine.

LOL, no Wheaties, just lot's of coffee:coffeeup:, I think the older ones very much learned from their Sister what NOT to do with your life, the younger ones at the time, well they just didn't get it, and for a while had a fear of "uniforms", thanks to some friends in LE, and a good therapist, they learned that if you do something wrong you get in trouble, if you need help they're always there to help (and yes we were all in therapy for a while working through the "what did I do wrong" stage), turns out we didn't do anything wrong, She was an adult and had made the decisions she did and paid for it.

I believe you can love your kids no matter what they do or have done in the past, but you don't obstruct LE from doing their job!

My advice to the Anthony's would be, sit down, read the evidence, and if needed, come clean with all you know (immunity deals or not), you'll feel better, and the judge (if it goes that far), will take into consideration the stress levels that you were under.

As for age and parenthood affecting my judgement, I believe I'm a much better parent at 44, than I was at 18, I've learned that I'll do anything for my kids, even if it means they have to face the consequences (did I spell that right?) of their own actions.

I'm under 40 with 3 kids & voted for charges. I'm old school.....do the crime, do the time. I have family members that could give KC a run for her money. It disgusts me to think anyone could cover up for someone, family member or not, who killed someone, accident or not, and left them to rot somewhere. I surely would not do it!

Over 40, 2 kids, 1 deceased. I voted for charges of obstruction of justice. There is no way I'd cover for someone who murdered my grandchild. No way.

I am over 40 with kids/grandkids...and I definitely think they need to be charged...I love my children...but won't cover for them in a case like this...

Realizing that the poll is not closely attached to evidence or sleuthing--and that's a nice break--this is fascinating idea!

I hope you will be able to graph the results...and post them. The chart would be very interesting per demographics.

I have voted, but any self-identifying data will not appear here in writing for reasons that are obvious to Steed, MI-5, Mr. Peel, and others. Yes, that is a recent photo and accuratate to a T. My hair looks set or fakey? Pardon me, but as L'Oreal ads once said, some are born with it. :crazy:

Cheers, all.

Mrs Peel, that is a fabulous picture! My last BDay was one of the "big ones", rather a milestone for many and I told my youngest daughter (age 20) that I thought I should have a "glamor" shot done. She looked at me kind of funny but I asked, if not now, when? I was too busy with babies and raising children to think of such things for any of the others and I highly doubt I'll want one of the next "biggie". Well I haven't gotten around to it yet, so maybe I will wait for the next really big one!! What do you think?

I intentionally didn't choose the option to save personal information in the poll. We have the option to record who voted for what, but since I was asking for personal information I thought it better to be completely anonymous.

A lot of people have chosen not to answer both parts of the question, so right now the data is slightly skewed. If it balances out some, by a large enough number of votes, I'll certainly plot it out. As of right now, judging just by the comments, it isn't what I thought it would be. Which makes it that much more interesting to me!

i think in that situation i would have to believe that my child could not be involved,until proven at least. But i will say that my children better never call me from jail for any reason. they better never call and ask for money for the commisary,because i am going to well them straight out---if you wanted junk food you should not be in jail. my son is 11 and my daughter is 8, i am a single mom with high expectations for their future. i applaud you, for your bravery.

I'm under 40 with 3 kids. I say to charge them if they can prove that they did something with intent to cover up a crime.

I thought this was going another way and thought the poll would be about how parenthood effected my judgement when it came to Casey. So, I'd like to answer that.

As a mother I really wanted to believe that the whole thing was a bad accident and she was a young scared mother and covered it up, her lies got the best of her. I think the reason I wanted to believe that so badly is because I look at or think about my children and can't imagine ANY mother killing their child on purpose. It's hard to fathom for a normal parent. I now realize exactly how wrong I was to want to think that and I did change my mind very quickly about it but at the same time it DID effct how I viewed things.

I'm hoping a jury doesn't view things as I did initially.

I am a female over age 40 with a number of stepchildren (more than 5) and one adopted grandchild. I don't have any "birth" children. I believe that if any or all of the Anthonys truly obstructed justice then they should be charged.

No matter how much I love my stepkids and grandaughter, I could never try to cover up such a horrendous crime if they were involved in it.-- they would have to face the consequences of their actions. I would do what I could to offer guidance and to be there for them, but I could not cover up such a crime-- especially if it was done to one of their babies. What kind of world would we live in if people were allowed to act in this way, even parents? I guess the law could exercise some leeway in dealing with the Anthony's, but if they refused to turn over physical evidence, gave them incorrect physical evidence (ie, the hair brush) and were untruthful in statements made to the police then they should face charges.
-------------------------
Hi, I am a grandmom and grt.grandmom.I agree with you.I feel the same way.They (the A's) have had more than their share but they know right from wrong.Thet need to learn truthfulness.KC. made her mistakes and must pay,so do they need to own up.

I am 60, hubby 62, 2 children and 5 grandchildren.......we say CHARGE THEM!
Happy tonight to have the 2 smallest with us for the STEELER game, such a joy to
be grandparents!!!!

Just turned 74, 5 grown kids, 4 grandchildren, I say charge them. I think in the beginning they just wanted to believe Caylee was alive......then continued to stay on that tack.........screwing up the whole thing. I also thinking the Anthony's are missing a screw or two, I don't dislike them either but they had to ......and must have driven LE nuts.
xxxxxxxxxxxxoo
mama
:blowkiss::blowkiss:

i think in that situation i would have to believe that my child could not be involved,until proven at least. But i will say that my children better never call me from jail for any reason. they better never call and ask for money for the commisary,because i am going to well them straight out---if you wanted junk food you should not be in jail. my son is 11 and my daughter is 8, i am a single mom with high expectations for their future. i applaud you, for your bravery.

I had no choice but to believe, the truth was in the trunk (unlike CA, I shut up as soon as as I saw it).

I couldn't believe this was happening to our family! I was a to say the least "mad".

You know the worst of the whole thing? I went to high school with the cop that arrested my daughter, he was so apologetic (in hindsight it's funny).

The point to all of this, is once your children are adults, the decisions they make have nothing to do with how they were raised, it's all about them at that point.

My daughters bail was 5000, not once did she ask me to bail her out (I wouldn't have btw), she was more worried about how it had affected the younger kids.

I talked to her about this a couple of times, she told me "Mom if I lost a kid, I would sit in jail even if you had bailed me out, I'm more afraid of you than the cops"

She knows me well :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769
Back