Dog meat off olympic menu.

I wouldn't eat it but don't have a problem with people who do. Same thing with horse meat, squirrel, possom, bear, reindeer, pork etc.

Guess it's better than starving. If your alternitive is rat (called false dog meat funnily enough) I reckon dog would sound pretty danged tasty.

I wouldn't eat it but don't have a problem with people who do. Same thing with horse meat, squirrel, possom, bear, reindeer, pork etc.

Guess it's better than starving. If your alternitive is rat (called false dog meat funnily enough) I reckon dog would sound pretty danged tasty.

I agree.

I grew up in the country and one spring my father decided to get my brother and I pigs to raise. We named them and made them pets. When the truck came to get them and take them to the butcher though it was horrible. My brother and I cried and begged our parents not to let the truck take our pigs. My father said he NEVER wanted to go through anything like that again. My brother and I grieved for months and would not eat ANY meat coming from the family freezer.

I've also seen some cute cows that looked pretty happy and smart.

I eat meat now. But, struggle with the knowledge of where it comes from.

I usually just eat fish and chicken but theres certain times I just have to have red meat.

Dingo dont go to the olympics, they see your name they might eat you:eek:
Who else then will I have to sue for wearing socks with Flip Flops. Its not like anyone else in the whole wide world does that so I will have no one to sue.

You MUST stay home:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

I used to have my own chickens many years ago and would never eat their eggs because I knew the chickens, I still bought my eggs from the supermarket but unbeknown to me hubby was changing the store bought eggs with my chicken eggs and I didn't even know.

LOL Shazza! Me too!
I feel bad when I look at them knowing I am about to scramble up their offspring. I just cannot do it.

Dingo dont go to the olympics, they see your name they might eat you:eek:
Who else then will I have to sue for wearing socks with Flip Flops. Its not like anyone else in the whole wide world does that so I will have no one to sue.

You MUST stay home:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:
You dont have to worry about this dingo heading off to the olympics..Ill be keeping my flipflops planted firmly on Aussie soil:)

LOL Shazza! Me too!
I feel bad when I look at them knowing I am about to scramble up their offspring. I just cannot do it.
Now I need a lesson in chooks and eggs.....do all eggs have the potential to produce a chick or do they need to be fertilised by a rooster.

Only fertilized eggs turn into babies.

I thought that Jolynna.....so Pixie and Shazza could have eaten the eggs without the fear of eating baby chicks?

I thought that Jolynna.....so Pixie and Shazza could have eaten the eggs without the fear of eating baby chicks?

Oh yes. All one needs to do is candle the eggs to see if they are a plain ole egg or other.:chicken:

Wait what? Not all eggs are fertilized? So baby chickies don't come out of all eggs? And why would the eggs fall out if it wasn't fertilized?

I think you need a rooster to make the eggs fertile if Im getting it right Abs:)

But the chickens have sex before the egg falls out? Omg, I am so confused. And both of my parents came from farming families :hen:

No..the hen will make and lay the egg anyway but whether it is fertile or not depends on whether shes had it off with the rooster..I think :confused::)....I dont know much about chooks either.

I will be an expert on chickens in a few months sooo I will know everything........:chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:
But I am not very excited about these Olympics at all...
I would not go if I won a ticket...
And i am glad our swimmers will not be copping any dogs in there weeties..

The egg thing is so funny. My BF will not eat the yolk because he thinks it is a baby.
Chickens like turtles lay eggs no matter what. Only if a rooster gets in the hen house will the chicken lay a fertilised egg that turns into a chick. Think of it as ovulating and it comes out. Or maybe don't. That is kind of gross.

True because I had a cockateil who laid eggs but because there was no male they were always sterile. My African Grey has laid a few same thing. Women basically "lay eggs" every month and thank goodness they aren't ALL babies!

True because I had a cockateil who laid eggs but because there was no male they were always sterile. My African Grey has laid a few same thing. Women basically "lay eggs" every month and thank goodness they aren't ALL babies![/quote]Eggsactly my friend:blowkiss:

But the chickens have sex before the egg falls out? Omg, I am so confused. And both of my parents came from farming families :hen:

Don't be embarassed Absinthe. When I was a child we had hens and I didn't know that all the hens were female and all the roosters male. I thought they were just two variations of the same species (like chihuahuas and Saint Bernard's are both dogs) and both could be either sex. As a result I had a hen named David. I felt like a right doofus when I was 12 and realised the hens were all girls. :doh: With regards to the egg situation the simple rule to follow is no rooster = no unhatched chickens = guilt free omelettes :eat:.

:chicken: :hen: :chicken: :hen: :chicken: :hen:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back