Dominic Casey: Motion to Strike Notice of Deposition & Motion for Protective Order#1

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this tape Casey has the date messed up, again! I do think that Cindy did grow close to Dom and would have confided all to him. He may very well have taken those confidences to the grave. That changed when it was put to him in no uncertain terms that the choice he had legally was clear...him or them. Funny how loyalty goes out the window in a circumstance like that. If hardened Mafia members sing under pressure, you can bet all the money in your pockets that Dominic was a pushover for LE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1B9NOTerFQ

I know some members cannot stand Nancy's show. This clip is full of actual sound bites and no opining by her. ( O/T ...regarding Nancy. If you look up her record as a prosecutor she had a 99 percent success rate , over years of a stellar career in the District Attorney's office. That is a lot of evil people she got off our streets. Do you want to know how she got in the legal field? Her young fiance was murdered! Like Mr. Miller, Beth Holloway, Mark Klass, et al.....she took a tragedy and made it her life's mission to fight against acts like that going unpunished. I am not easily impressed, but that fact inspires me. She can get the facts skewed sometimes, maybe that is partly due to how her producers present things to her, some of it may be purposeful for ratings. I give her a pass on that; because the work she does, as a whole brings results for victims. We had a funeral here for a beloved Air Force Sergeant and Fireman/Paramedic last week. He had some flaws, but you know what, all heroes do.Nevertheless, folks stood up and shared what a good man he was, how they admired him, and trusted him and believed in him, person after person took to the podium with the most beautiful memories. He sure got a hero's send off. Like this beloved fireman, at the end of her life, if someone ever writes her story...the mistakes she makes will not be prevalent. What she did with her LIFE is what matters. Someone asked me once why do you use her clips, you know we cannot stand her? I'll tell you why. She fights for the little Caylees of the world and that is good enough in my book, any day of the week and twice on Sundays. I don't want to be asked why I use the clips I use, I want someone challenge me, to ask me...what are you going to do with your LIFE?

Amen!! Love her or hate her, you have to give credit where credit is due. I'm like you TWA, I like her, but then again, in a sense, I am a crime victim. :(

Can someone tell me why the state would want to depose Dc without the defense there? What are they afraid of? Why not just get it all out on the table? The disqualified Judge sealed part of Dc interview. Why? The state wants to depose Dc without the defense present. Why? Whats the big secret? When I see the state acting like this to include the disqualified Judge, my hinky meter goes up. Let just let the truth be known. IMO

Baez could have been there if he chose to. He CHOSE NOT TO.

They have not taken DC's deposition yet right? and if not, it sounds like the new judge will have no problem making him show up for the deposition with Sheriff's assistance if needed.

If I were Baez, I would have sent a message from the defense table, add Dom to the witness list, we need to file that TODAY so we can be present at the depo! Unlike some of the silly people he did depose, Dominic could be important, very important. Surely he had a lot to say, and he was already busted lying to police. In the words of Mark Klass, "The truth does not change". One lie that comes to mind is he had no idea Hoover was taping him in the woods.
LE surely pointed out this out to Dominick too when they interviewed him that they were very near one another while that filming in the woods was going on. There is no way Dominick didn't know Hoover was there and indeed they were speaking to one another in parts. He was cold busted lying to them. The judge already ruled he has no privilege. Indeed he will be made to answer questions at the civil trial as well, imo. The funny thing is since we have already seen his e mails back and forth to Cindy, the obvious questions that detail how and to what extent he looked for the Zanny the Nanny have already been answered. He did not.The fact that the PI hired by the family claims to have been chasing down locations where Casey partied as a teen rather than looking in to every single Zenaida Gonzalez one could find tells us and the jury all we need to know. The family wasn't investigating any Zanny because they knew one did not exist. Game over.

1. There was no babysitter.
2. Casey is the only one who had the child.
3. She never reported the child missing.
4. Casey admitted to telling lie after lie to police and leading them on a wild goose chase.
5.. The little bones are finally discovered, so we know the child is indeed dead.
6. The private investigator under contract with Casey knew out of all the places on this earth, exactly ( within a few feet) where she put the baby's body.

The rest is icing on the cake for me if I were a juror. There are no coincidence in criminal law. I will be very interested to hear the entire, unedited version of the LE interview. The interesting thing that I learned recently about Dom is that his home was in pre foreclosure, he had only had only been a PI mere months before meeting the Anthonys, so how does one in this precarious predicament afford to work on anything for a year for free. Something has him emotionally invested and I am very leery of him. I have some very dear friends that I love more than life that I will trade favors with, but if even they expected me to work on something for a year, it would be with a warm note, and a invoice! LOL!!! The Anthonys were not old friends of his, they were strangers to him. Something keeps them tied together, something nefarious in my opinion.

Rather than help Cindy's daughter, anything and all things Dominick did rather help the state establish fact number one, there was no babysitter. For him to continue to insist he has remained under contract with Casey all along is a nightmare for her defense in my opinion, that is a straight line that says loud and clear Casey knew where the dead body was. Play over. Cut. Scene. Sentencing phase.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAuXZ3jqJ70[/ame]
Ms. Tennis opining about the defense, too, too funny: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX-0bfuneak[/ame]

Can someone tell me why the state would want to depose Dc without the defense there? What are they afraid of? Why not just get it all out on the table? The disqualified Judge sealed part of Dc interview. Why? The state wants to depose Dc without the defense present. Why? Whats the big secret? When I see the state acting like this to include the disqualified Judge, my hinky meter goes up. Let just let the truth be known. IMO

It is really very simple. :)

You are misrepresenting the facts by stating that the SA wanted to depose DC w/o the defense present. In fact, ALL Mr. Baez had to do was simply add DC to the defense witness list in order to attend the depo. So, the question really is, what was Mr. Baez afraid of? Exactly what is his big secret, since he refused to add him to the defense witness list, in order to be able to attend that depo? So, for the SA to be able to finally do their work efficiently, they were forced to ask Judge Strickland to order an 'investigative interview' ONLY because Mr. Baez refused to cooperate. I couldn't agree more with your statement "Let just be truth be known"! You are spot on with that!

I have a personal request, NTS. You are not technically incorrect by continuing to refer to Judge Strickland as the 'disqualified judge'; however, I think the WS TOS encourages us to be most respectful of all members, witnesses, attorneys, judges, etc... in an effort to try to limit inflammatory remarks that tend to encourage inciting OT angry responses. Would it really be that much trouble to just refer to him as JS or Judge Strickland? I mean it's even shorter to type, ya know? ;) Obviously, you don't have to comply with my request, since it is just a member request. I, for one, would very much appreciate it. :)

I believe he had to face his fears and give his testimony per the judge's recent order.
When I watched the hearing what I took away from it was

The State asked Baez in advance of the hearing, if indeed he wanted to add Dom to their witness list, he answered that had not been decided.. I take that as a no.

Dom's lawyer argued that since he is not on the witness list the traditional subpoena would not work, and agreed that of course the State has the right to issue an investigative subpoena. The judge instructed the state to do so and he said go ahead and make use of the time you already have scheduled.

Again, the State reminded the court and Baez that this would make it a matter between Dom and the State and no Baez, period. Quickly the judge concurred. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls_dUmQTgNM[/ame]

Baez got confused and said if you are inclined to rule that we cannot be there I would object , of course I want to be there... I could make this all moot by adding him to my witness list ( no kidding Baez)

The judge respectfully explained he already had ruled and that since the state would not be inquiring about the period of time he claims to have employed Dom, it was basically irrelevant to him if the State wanted to depose him in this manner.

They ( Dom's lawyer, Miss Tennis, the State and the Judge) were all very clear it seemed, the following week at the already scheduled time, Dom and Miss Tennis would come for a an investigative subpoenaed deposition, per the judge's order at this hearing. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAuXZ3jqJ70[/ame]

Beaz left still confused it seemed, he may have even told one of the reporters that he was going to add Dom to the witness list, then mama bear or the other lawyers schooled him that they do not wish to release the witness list just yet.

Rut row
Because this type of depo by an investigative subpoena , I believe it did happen on the time prearranged, according to the judge's order.

I am not a lawyer, this is my opinion. You have to listen carefully to that part of the hearing, it is hard because it so distracting watching Baez roll his eyes and make faces, etc. LOL!

Mr. Hornsby opined on his blog this very topic and ended with this "The Bottom Line.....

Which leads us to Judge Strickland’s final remarks:

“Call me if there is a problem.”

Essentially he instructed the parties to go forward with the interview/deposition and to call him (literally) if there are any objections based on privilege that must be ruled on during the interview/deposition.

IIRC, DC stated, Baez told him if he found Caylee's remains, not to call 911! So, that would also be a reason Baez chose not to list him as a witness. The state held an investigative depo with DC, didn't they? It remains sealed, doesn't it??

I also remember an email between CA and DC to did up dirt on RK and many others..I also remember Baez telling CA after some things were dug out, Good work "rosebud"! IMO, Baez needs to be fearful of alot of things and could possibly come out at trial and this will be the beginning of the end of Baez' career..

I also find so odd, CA instructed DC to look for a live Caylee, months after her remains were found/her memorial service. Does she truly believe that Caylee is still alive out there somewhere? Who's ashes does she wear around her neck? This family is so convoluted...
http://www.wesh.com/news/21145778/detail.html

Justice for Caylee

haha no, from what my neighbors have said he moved out of this particular neighborhood before 2008. I definitely did keep a look out for her vehicle every time I passed by his office, though. :) Never saw her. Always wondered why the move out of the office - out of money? Or coming into money and upgrading?

And I heard a rumor he was also having his house go into foreclosure. That'd be interesting to know. . .

He has assorted financial problems around the State of FL, not only Orange Co, but Seminole and Polk Co. Probably more than I have time to search for.

BBM: For the record and to be fair...he is not a disqualified Judge...he still currently sits on the bench as a Judge. He merely stepped down in THIS CASE ONLY. He is very much a QUALIFIED JUDGE.

BBM: For the record and to be fair...he is not a disqualified Judge...he still currently sits on the bench as a Judge. He merely stepped down in THIS CASE ONLY. He is very much a QUALIFIED JUDGE.

Thank you for once again pointing this out - HHJS is a highly qualified Judge who recused himself from this case and currently sits on the bench as a Judge.

The word disqualified implies someone else "disqualified him" from the bench. HHJP made this decision himself. He could have declined the motion and stayed where he was.

I see Dom's link is active again so he hasn't slunk away into the sunset.

Can we say "Immunity Deal?"

www.dgator/theobserver.aspx

And he still has a listing asking for information on Caylee Marie????

Have we talked about this and I missed it?

Lets stop the game playing and get back to discussion.

Strickland is a qualified judge that recused himself based on potential perceived bias after a motion was filed accusing him of such.He disqualified himself. Recused judge, disqualified judge they are both accurate for this case.

What will not be tolerated are negative adjectives such as incompetent or dishonest things like that. JS is and was a good fair judge.
BUT, let's drop the whole issue because it is getting weary and old and it is a lot of word play. It is not the topic of this thread.
re·cuse

–verb (used with object) 1. to reject or challenge (a judge or juror) as disqualified to act, esp. because of interest or bias.

–verb (used without object) 2. to withdraw from a position of judging so as to avoid any semblance of partiality or bias

I see Dom's link is active again so he hasn't slunk away into the sunset.

Can we say "Immunity Deal?"

www.dgator/theobserver.aspx

And he still has a listing asking for information on Caylee Marie????

Have we talked about this and I missed it?

He's still uploading on a regular basis in the CMA document volume (??)
Does anyone notice if his Agency License number is the same? I don't recall what it was before.

Lets stop the game playing and get back to discussion.

Strickland is a qualified judge that recused himself based on potential perceived bias after a motion was filed accusing him of such.He disqualified himself. Recused judge, disqualified judge they are both accurate for this case.

What will not be tolerated are negative adjectives such as incompetent or dishonest things like that. JS is and was a good fair judge.
BUT, let's drop the whole issue because it is getting weary and old and it is a lot of word play. It is not the topic of this thread.
re·cuse

–verb (used with object) 1. to reject or challenge (a judge or juror) as disqualified to act, esp. because of interest or bias.

–verb (used without object) 2. to withdraw from a position of judging so as to avoid any semblance of partiality or bias

JBean, respectfully, I realize this may seem petty or small, but actually according to definition technically the second version is true. To avoid a semblance of partiality. The accusation the defense made was that HHJS should be disqualified and the judge recused himself first in order to avoid the appearance of a conflict instead of contesting the claim.

So, in essence, even though the accusation was that the judge be disqualified due to bias, it was never proven or on record as being fact.

Disqualified, like dishonest, is a pejorative term and I assume we are to refrain from describing players in this case that are doing nothing but simply but carrying out their jobs and have no other obvious agenda or stand to profit in any way.

The collateral damage in this case has been very high for citizens who have done nothing but try to help. The despicable acts of the defense in claiming everything from investigative malfeasance to pointing the finger at innocent people as an underhanded strategy to misdirect our attention from the accused should not be allowed to infect the reputations of these people further.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104946"]Dominick is scared, but why?Motion to Strike Notice of Depo and Motion for Prot #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500