"Don't attempt to grow a brain!" from the movie Speed 1994

MrsMush99 said:
I found it, it's Ruthless People. I feel better now.

ETA: I was wrong about the movies being the year she was killed. I have so much information in my head from these last couple of days I don't what is what, LOL. Sorry for that.
I feel better too because Dirty Harry was one of them also.

WindChime said:
1. Overview
2. Dirty Harry (1971)
3. Nick of Time (1995)
4. Ransom (1996)
5. Ruthless People (1986)
6. Speed (1994)
Thank you Windchime. I could only think of 2,4,6.

Oh My Goodness Beyond!! After all this years I never even thought of that as a possibility.

Buzz IMO I believe so, we done know he's into music and from the sound of it people that lived close to him,said he really wasn't seen very often.

JBean said:
I feel better too because Dirty Harry was one of them also.

Sorry JBean, I was going off of what was said on the dateline show. Now I'm not even sure if they mentioned Dirty Harry, I'm going to have to go a read through it to see if they mentoned it, but I don't think they did.

There must have been some type of publication available in 96 that had all these one liners. This jerk had a reference of some sort either a rag magazine or a published book on one liners.

MrsMush99 said:
Oh My Goodness Beyond!! After all this years I never even thought of that as a possibility.
Try it and see what it sounds like to the people you read it too.

MrsMush99 said:
Sorry JBean, I was going off of what was said on the dateline show. Now I'm not even sure if they mentioned Dirty Harry, I'm going to have to go a read through it to see if they mentoned it, but I don't think they did.
lol you don't have to say you're sorry. I'm sure there has been more than one analysis. That just happened to be one that i could remember, with Speed and Ransom.

I think there's about 7 movies the lines were taken from.

Another one is Rope.

What I don't understand too well is whether a Ramsey wrote the letter, or someone else, was why it was so long and rambling.

Even if the letter had been meant as a deception by an intruder a simple "We have your daughter. Will call tomorrow with with instructions about returning her. Don't call the police. We'll be watching." would have do.

Especially strange with there having been a first draft...one doesn't spend a bunch of time pondering what to write in a ransom note...they're rather straightforward.

If a Ramsey did write it...what were they thinking in overdoing it so much?

SleuthingSleuth said:
What I don't understand too well is whether a Ramsey wrote the letter, or someone else, was why it was so long and rambling.

Even if the letter had been meant as a deception by an intruder a simple "We have your daughter. Will call tomorrow with with instructions about returning her. Don't call the police. We'll be watching." would have do.

Especially strange with there having been a first draft...one doesn't spend a bunch of time pondering what to write in a ransom note...they're rather straightforward.

If a Ramsey did write it...what were they thinking in overdoing it so much?
That's the part that makes me think it was someone really unbalanced. because no matter what, the ransom note is ridiculous. It's this note that makes me lean toward someone like karr, or another nut.

SleuthingSleuth said:

If a Ramsey did write it...what were they thinking in overdoing it so much?[/QUOTE]

Because Patsy couldn't help herself.
She over did everything remember.

JBean said:
That's the part that makes me think it was someone really unbalanced. because no matter what, the ransom note is ridiculous. It's this note that makes me lean toward someone like karr, or another nut.
Yeah...makes me think of a person whose mind was not clear and was also thinking about too many things all at once.

Could also signal a person who was somewhat ignorant as to how a real ransom note would sound, and instead fell back on things they'd seen in films.

The note was written with paper from the house and a pen from the house...and naturally it was written in the house.
If an intruder did all that, including practicing first (along with everything else involved in the crime)...he either had the biggest balls in the world (and a great stroke of luck)...or perhaps there was no intruder.

That whole RO note and its origin is a huge anomaly.

I just thought I would slip this in somewhere:

SBTC
Southwestern Bell Telephone Company

Vic tory
842 8679

842 exchange is Longmont/Boulder, Co.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics