Dow Jones Industrials Fall 778 Points

Jeez, a plan that is much cheaper and actually will solve the problem rather than reward the greedy. It'll never happen.

When the sub-prime mortgage meltdown was first predicted, I thought that the simple solution was going to be that the holders of the mortgages would take a hit and rewrite the loans at a lower rate and over a longer finance period to keep the payers of the mortgages solvent. Boy, was I naive. It seems that the holders of the mortgage are crying that they had stolen the money fair and square and now want the government to take the losses that their greed had caused. And our idiot government has bought into this nonsense.

Quite simply, we are doomed. We had better all start learning how to catch rats for food. Our government is selling us out as we speak.

Jeez, a plan that is much cheaper and actually will solve the problem rather than reward the greedy. It'll never happen.

When the sub-prime mortgage meltdown was first predicted, I thought that the simple solution was going to be that the holders of the mortgages would take a hit and rewrite the loans at a lower rate and over a longer finance period to keep the payers of the mortgages solvent. Boy, was I naive. It seems that the holders of the mortgage are crying that they had stolen the money fair and square and now want the government to take the losses that their greed had caused. And our idiot government has bought into this nonsense.

Quite simply, we are doomed. We had better all start learning how to catch rats for food. Our government is selling us out as we speak.

I was as naive as you, obviously. I thought the same thing when this started. Pfffft, guess it was too reasonable and logical. Can't have that!

LOL re having extra $ to invest - I JUST got back from dinner with hubby, and I told him I needed just a few million to invest - I would piggy-back on Warren Buffet's investments. So he goes ahead and invests Billions in GE, etc. - as someone else said this morning, there's no one smarter about investing. I figure I'd just play along, knowing Buffet would be making sure the companies he's invested are going to turn to the positive. There we go!

Wished we had Buffet, Ramsey and some of their Economics people make up a plan for the Senate and House.

Instead we have a bunch of babies pointing fingers, name calling and posturing for the election.

I can just hear our reps ask question of the above dream team rescue group.

Dave what's a budget? And where can we get one?

How do you not spend money you don't have?

Why can't I keep my multi million dollar golden parachute....I ran the company well and was fiscally responsible...it's just no one under my management listened to me. It's not MY fault.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back