Dr G Medical Examiner

ITA - I am an avid watcher of Dr. G and I didn't even connect the dots to realize this was her jurisdiction!! So imagine my excitment when I heard the news that it would be her. If there is anything to be found Dr. G. will find it, she is very thorough as posted above, this is what got me watching in the first place. I was always impressed with the fact that even if she found the obvious she would keep looking just in case.

It's apparent from previous posts that some think she's just a typical reality TV star but I must respectfully disagree, her show is on the Discovery Health channel and I find it very educational and informative. She is very professional, honest and seems to be a caring individual (as stated above).

As always JMO :)

Yep Dr. G is in the Orange/Osceola County jurisdication and sometimes out of the county if needed. I love how thorough she is and she get down to the reason a person died. I learned alot from watching her shows and I don't think she will like JB in there with her. She does not like being distracted during an autopsy especially if it is only bones and she usually has a second opinion from one of her bone experts come and help her. I can picture JB asking the most dumbest questions and Dr. G getting so fed up. He will be kicked to the street fast.

I honestly do not see what the television show of this ME has to do with this case!! WTH?! Hello?! Reality TV!!

GMAB! I am not going to sit here and explain all the evidence they do have against this particular perp in order to get a conviction. It is there. It will convict her. They can prove their case in more ways than just the forensics. With this perp, they have motive, opportunity, and premeditation which are backed up with statements, witnesses, phone/text messages, forensics, and other things.

I think this thread is unneccessary and the title is very misleading. It has NOTHING to do with this case. For starters...look who the defense attorney is here. LOL He can't even get the proper motions filed in court which a first year law student would know to do. Sheesh!
SS, it looks like Dr. G is the medical examiner in this matter. I just read something that Sheriff Beary said about her being involved. She's great, if you have ever watched the show. She will dig and dig into everything from family history/dynamics to physical evidence to solve a death. I hope she's on the job. That being said, I don't think that is how this thread started out but don't forget that we are all looking for answers in a case where answers are hard to come by.

I have watched the Dr. G medical examiner show since it first came on and I have known since this case broke that she is the ME for the Orlando area, and I was quite happy during Kevin Beary presser today to hear him say that Dr. G was on site with the findings of these remains, and I am also sure that this means she will do the Autopsy, she is one of the best in this country and I am sure that she will be able to get to the bottom of the cause and manner of death...So I think we should all rest assured that whenever we finally here the results on this poor child that they were done by one of the best there is...And the Defense is not going to be able to rattle her cage when it comes to trial time.

I could not have said it better myself. I also watch the show and knew from the get go that she would be the one to examine any remains that were connected to little Caylee. I truly believe she is the best person for the job, she is very meticulouse, and will find any evidence if there is any left to be found.

Chill out folks. We have NO IDEA what was in that bag. Or what evidence from UT that hasn't been released.

The finding of Caylee answered many questions. HOWEVER..it OPENED alot more.

The discovery docs, accomplices (if proven) additinal arrests, co-conspirators (if alledged)..etc etc etc..

The story is coming to a head. Be patient. We cannot argue "what if' until we are sure 'what is"

Dr. G will not be bothered JB and crew. Per judge and the state law.

I thought I hear someone say that Dr. G was at the site yesterday and she would be the ME on this case. Can someone confirm? thanks

I thought I hear someone say that Dr. G was at the site yesterday and she would be the ME on this case. Can someone confirm? thanks

Just saw a film clip on CNN of Investigators under a blue canopy looking at evidence at at site where Caylee's body was discovered and Dr. G. was standing there watching. She had on a bright pink top and gray slacks.

I am thrilled she is the M.E.!!!! :clap: She is great and extremely through leaving no questions unanswered. We can be assured she will find out exactly what happened to Caylee. Just watch her show on Discovery Health on Monday nights. It is NOT a "reality show" but a REAL show showing a very competent M.E. and staff going the extra mile to be sure every clue is covered.
:clap::clap:

Just saw a film clip on CNN of Investigators under a blue canopy looking at evidence at at site where Caylee's body was discovered and Dr. G. was standing there watching. She had on a bright pink top and gray slacks.

I am thrilled she is the M.E.!!!! :clap: She is great and extremely through leaving no questions unanswered. We can be assured she will find out exactly what happened to Caylee. Just watch her show on Discovery Health on Monday nights. It is NOT a "reality show" but a REAL show showing a very competent M.E. and staff going the extra mile to be sure every clue is covered.
:clap::clap:

I know Dr. G was not at the scene yesterday - she was on her way to California. Was the clip you watched from yesterday or today, do you know?

I know Dr. G was not at the scene yesterday - she was on her way to California. Was the clip you watched from yesterday or today, do you know?

I may be mistaken the woman sure looked like her from the back. Really doesn't make any difference if she was there or not she is still the M.E. and will be the one doing the autopsy. Sheriff Berry mentioned the M.E. had taken the body to "her" office so that added to what I thought was Dr. G.

My statement stands she is the best! :)

Here is her background:

Her full name is Jan Garavaglia "Dr. G" Chief Medical Examiner (aka "Dr. G") She is the chief medical examiner for the District Nine (Orange-Osceola) Medical Examiner's Office in Florida.

Per her own bio:

I'm a graduate of the St. Louis University School of Medicine, I completed my fellowship in forensic pathology at the Dade County Medical Examiner's Office in Miami, Fla., and obtained certification by the American Board of Pathology in combined anatomic and clinical pathology, and by the American Board of Pathology in forensic pathology. I am a member of the National Association of Medical Examiners and the American Academy of Forensic Sciences, and am the recipient of the Hidalgo Award, presented by the Bexar County Commissioners Court in Texas for "outstanding work assisting agencies and providing forensic science services during a multi-jurisdictional capital murder investigation." In addition, I have given numerous presentations and lectures at various institutions, and have been published in media such as the Journal of Forensic Sciences and The American Journal of Forensic Medicine and Pathology. Prior to joining the office in Florida,I was a medical examiner at the Bexar County Forensic Science Center in San Antonio, Texas, for 10 years. I also served at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio as the clinical assistant professor for the department of pathology, and as a member of the Graduate Faculty Council for the Graduate School of Biomedical Science.

Dr. G is awesome, I am so glad she is working Caylee's case. I am confident that she will find all there is to find and care for Caylee with the love and respect that she deserves. Caylee is in very capable hands.

there is a thread on Dr G already. Please find and bump and I will merge.

I may be mistaken the woman sure looked like her from the back. Really doesn't make any difference if she was there or not she is still the M.E. and will be the one doing the autopsy. Sheriff Berry mentioned the M.E. had taken the body to "her" office so that added to what I thought was Dr. G.

My statement stands she is the best! :)

No argument from me on your last comment!!! I did find out that it was not her at the crime scene, she was, indeed, still in California. It was her chief investigator who was at the scene. I have complete confidence that the M.E.'s office will do everything just right.

I've watched Dr. G on Discovery for a long time. She's good, really, really good. If there is any chance that she thinks Casey did this based on the evidence she has seen you know that she won't let it go.
That's how she is, she's a pit bull with facts and she hates being fooled around with.

She has been in many, many trials, she is no noob. If she says homicide, she means it. All she needs is a bit more time.

So based on what she said....skeletal remains, crime scene evidence and cirmcumstantial evidence....what was it that made her decision. We know the bones showed no signs of truama and the toxicology results are likey to come back as not defintive...that leaves us with crime scene and circumstantial.

And if you watch her show you know how she is, she won't give up what she sees without a fight!

I just love her show and I have been watching if for a long time. If Dr. G says "homocide" then you better believe that that is what she meant. No question about it.

I have VERY high regards for her!! And yes, she is aggressive with her work and follows only what she believes in. But my question is. Today when she was giving her findings, when she began to announce that the bones were so small, it seemed to me that she was trying to keep from crying. Did anyone notice that or was it just me?

I just love her show and I have been watching if for a long time. If Dr. G says "homocide" then you better believe that that is what she meant. No question about it.

That's what I meant in my long and drawn out post! LOL If she truly believes who is guilty she will fight tooth and nail for the victim, in this case....she is the last knight for our Caylee!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back