Dr. Lynne Fenton, psychiatrist treating JH-BACKGROUND INFO

Still wondering why JH didn't ask for anyone during his phone call. 7 seconds is a long time to call and say nothing. Did he remain silent because:
1. he got nervous when the switchboard answered. Maybe he expected Fenton or another counselor ("mental health professional") to answer the phone--if so, he wasn't aware of the "After Hours Emergency Procedure."
2. he never intended to talk. He just wanted his phone to show he'd made the call (but then why stay connected so long)
3. Any other reasons?

What was the purpose of the call:
1) strategy for a defense--appear in need of mental health services
2) get help/seek someone to talk him out of what he planned to do (a little late for this, no? He'd already booby-trapped his apartment and could have blown up his whole building by now)
3) he wanted to report what he was doing. Maybe he'd told Fenton his plans before and wanted to say "see? here I am!" OR "See what you made me do?"
4) Others?

Anyone else want to help me brainstorm?

One possibility that I doubt but we should throw out there: He accidentally butt dialed the number (assuming it was already in his mobile contacts)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2

I think he called because he needed a pre-text to get out of the theater. So nobody would be surprised when he left through the exit door.

It's definitely possible jjenny.
Let's assume everything that's been reported about Holmes painstakingly detailed planning and execution of these atrocities: the phone call to Fenton's after hours number was likely a component of Holmes' execution of his detailed plan.

But, since I still have many questions about the events of the night, I could see many other reasons. (Hopefully the phone records are for the mobile on Holmes person and not the mobile found in his apartment...)

Ciela, you're right I think. I've looked aound and can't find a definative answer.

This link was interesting.http://www.du.edu/gspp/degree-programs/clinical-psychology/overview/index.html

It talked about the process of becoming the professional but it's still not clear to me. I just question the difference between a professional and a Dr. or whether it's easier for a journalist to put it that way.

Thanks for the question.

In my world (having been a counselor and a licensed professional in my field) one is required to have an advanced degree, licensure and/or certification in your specialty area. No interns, students or students without advanced degrees can be termed "professionals". That is the distinction we use.

Still wondering why JH didn't ask for anyone during his phone call. 7 seconds is a long time to call and say nothing. Did he remain silent because:
1. he got nervous when the switchboard answered. Maybe he expected Fenton or another counselor ("mental health professional") to answer the phone--if so, he wasn't aware of the "After Hours Emergency Procedure."
2. he never intended to talk. He just wanted his phone to show he'd made the call (but then why stay connected so long)
3. Any other reasons?

What was the purpose of the call:
1) strategy for a defense--appear in need of mental health services
2) get help/seek someone to talk him out of what he planned to do (a little late for this, no? He'd already booby-trapped his apartment and could have blown up his whole building by now)
3) he wanted to report what he was doing. Maybe he'd told Fenton his plans before and wanted to say "see? here I am!" OR "See what you made me do?"
4) Others?

Anyone else want to help me brainstorm?

I am beginning to think that he intentionally called that number without intentionally talking to anyone. If he wants to talk and if he has Fenton's direct number, he will call that number IMO

Seriously, i wonder if he calls his mother - i read somewhere that his mom is a nurse in a psychiatry department too. Anyone can confirm too?

One possibility that I doubt but we should throw out there: He accidentally butt dialed the number (assuming it was already in his mobile contacts)

Yeah, I don't think happened either, but I'd wondered about it too. The pretext for leaving the theater is also a good hypothesis, but since he didn't say anything, why make a call for that. He could have just held up a phone to his ear. I wonder if Corbin thought he heard the guy speaking on the phone. That would have been recorded. I am thinking the UC Hospital call was done outside by his car.

Just had a thought! What about the weird "let Holmes out of jail!" call after his arrest? Wasn't that made thru some weird IP rerouting? Didn't they at first think that came from JH's cell phone? I'll have to check...maybe he had set an earlier call to dial hospital to look like it was from his cell? (Not sure why, though, he'd have a better alibi if the call had been placed 30 min. later).

:) wondering about that mobile found in the apartment too!:seeya:

It's probably just an old/extra phone.

I have about 4 phones in my desk drawer. When I upgrade my cell, I usually keep the old one, because if my new one breaks, I can at least use the old one without paying a ridiculous amount for a new phone! My husband and friends do the same thing.

Just had a thought! What about the weird "let Holmes out of jail!" call after his arrest? Wasn't that made thru some weird IP rerouting? Didn't they at first think that came from JH's cell phone? I'll have to check...maybe he had set an earlier call to dial hospital to look like it was from his cell? (Not sure why, though, he'd have a better alibi if the call had been placed 30 min. later).

It occurs to me that perhaps Jonathan Lee Riches, the guy who is inserting himself into the investigation and trial may have had Yeom Pyo Lee's phone hacked to make that threatening call. As I posted on another thread, Riches is reported to have posed as a bald woman named Michelle Ernst in a red dress. He is also the author of the two legal MTI's for James Holmes. Improbable but.... this is all so strange.

Jonathan Lee Riches - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's probably just an old/extra phone.

I have about 4 phones in my desk drawer. When I upgrade my cell, I usually keep the old one, because if my new one breaks, I can at least use the old one without paying a ridiculous amount for a new phone! My husband and friends do the same thing.

I agree with you newsleuther and also tend to save my previous mobiles in case of emergency.

However I raised the notion that it would be interesting if the call came from the mobile found at Holmes' apartment because nothing works surprise me about this case AND I'd love to hear LEs several attempts to explain how that happened and Holmes did make that call from the mobile (or landline) in his apartmentment

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2

It occurs to me that perhaps Jonathan Lee Riches, the guy who is inserting himself into the investigation and trial may have had Yeom Pyo Lee's phone hacked to make that threatening call. As I posted on another thread, Riches is reported to have posed as a bald woman named Michelle Ernst in a red dress. He is also the author of the two legal MTI's for James Holmes. Improbable but.... this is all so strange.

Jonathan Lee Riches - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wow--I think you could be onto something here. Wish we had more details. This is what I've got: POI's phone makes threatening call to police. POI out of the country and can't be found. POI interviewed. POI roommate in weird construction outfit day of shooting. POI not of interest. All's well that ends well. ????:waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back