Dr. Michael Baden: Misinformed or deliberate misinformation?

I used to like and respect Dr B until the Spector trial. I was shocked at the things he said under oath.

And FYI, before his wife was hired on by the defense team his opinions on GVS were in the prosecutions favor. That all changed the day after we learned his wife was hired to work this case. Kobe was the same way. I've watched this case unfold from the very beginning and it was so obvious these guys changed their opinions after they got hired on by JB.

Where did morals and values go? Sad to see so many fall...

It's been a long time since I've followed a case with so many bottom-dwellers.

You're right, MagicRose, this is sooo sad what these people are doing. It doesn't seem that most of them even remember this is about a little girl, not showing off their 'knowledge' and 'experience'.

I use to really like listening to Baden when he would talk about solving cold cases or correcting inaccurate autopsies, but in his role as an expert witness I find it hard to stomach.

Does anyone know is an expert witness for the defense just given raw data and asked their opinion, or are they given the data with the state's interpretation and specifically asked to make an arguement against that position? I am guessing it is the latter based on some of the assanine interpretations I have heard from "experts".

They need to stop putting people who are clearly biased on the news programs. It seems to me Fox News panders way too much to the defense! ahem Geraldo...

I will 2nd that! It is not fair and balanced. Money is the root of all of this mess!!! IMO

Anyone email the show to let the staff know this was wrong...very wrong?

No because I just figured some one else would do it. I was too busy reading here and trying to wrap my brain around these people but thats impossible . My brain just isnt warped enough:bang:

Is there a transcript of the show that we can all read regarding what Dr. Baden said on the show Monday evening?

I will 2nd that! It is not fair and balanced. Money is the root of all of this mess!!! IMO

I have watched Greta since she oj trial um his first one. Nancy too. But since Greta felt talking about:bang: Sara Palin :crazy:and her folksy moose hunting :eek:ways was more important then Caylee being found:eek::eek::eek:. I stopped watching her and now I watch Nancy twice.:)

I think his brain has turned to mush as well....

I second that!!!!! You dont think the Mrs is making him sleep on the couch:eek::bang:Unless he helps the defence:eek:

I did not see this appearance, but I read that he said MOST of the remains were found in the bag... not all. I am pretty sure his wife would know how close to true that statement was. I also read somewhere that a poster who had been to the crime scene itself, said that the actual area which was roped off and searched was not the entire acre as we had been told, but around 1/4 of an acre, very small area. And that it was 21 houses away from the A's, not 15 as NG says constantly.
It is possible that even though they sifted through the whole acre and found small bones, not all of them were Caylee's, maybe a lot of them were small animal bones.
I like and respect Dr. Baden and I do not believe he would deliberately mislead anyone. However, I know that some instantly distrust him because his wife is on the defense team. I am not arguing the point, but would like to point out that we have been misinformed about a lot of things in the past 6 months. Not all of it comes from the defense side. Nancy Grace misstates and misleads nearly every night, but not many complain about it. Take it with a grain of salt, and trust that when the trial starts, we will find out what is fact and what is fiction.

ITA! I seriously doubt that Dr. Baden would purposely give false information. This case is not going to make or break his career and he doesn't need the publicity. I don't see any type of motive that he would have to lie, not even for his wife. I personally have always respected him. Perhaps we aren't receiving the whole picture or truth from all the of the media. The media is not in this for the good of Caylee, they are in this to attract viewers and it wouldn't be the first time that they have mislead the public. I think we will see a lot come out in the trail that we weren't aware of.

Anyone email the show to let the staff know this was wrong...very wrong?

With all due respect how does anyone know who's right and who's wrong ? Do you believe everything you hear on the news? Actually he may have been the one unknowingly telling the truth. You do realize that LE can say anything they want to? I think everyone should wait till all of these so called facts are sworn to in a court of law.

With all due respect how does anyone know who's right and who's wrong ? Do you believe everything you hear on the news? Actually he may have been the one unknowingly telling the truth. You do realize that LE can say anything they want to? I think everyone should wait till all of these so called facts are sworn to in a court of law.

Well said!:clap::clap::clap:

I use to really like listening to Baden when he would talk about solving cold cases or correcting inaccurate autopsies, but in his role as an expert witness I find it hard to stomach.

Does anyone know is an expert witness for the defense just given raw data and asked their opinion, or are they given the data with the state's interpretation and specifically asked to make an arguement against that position? I am guessing it is the latter based on some of the assanine interpretations I have heard from "experts".

If not For Mr.Baden A Dr.and a Hospital Would have gotten away with letting a head of the surgery keep operating in the OR who was suffering with alzheimers kill more innocent people,then my hubbys family member who was only in his 30's thank god a nurse came forward. So when this happened in the early 90's he Was my hero, he did a second autopsy and confirmed what the nurse said and that DR was stopped ,left penniless ,wound up dying a few years later in a nursing home.Unfortunately the families that sued had to sign those papers that bascially say shush:furious::furious::furious:,I wanted to scream it to the world but couldnt. and it hurts to lose a hero because I dont have many

That would be my guess...deliberate misinformation.

He does have a vested interest...his wife is on the defense team.

Seems it wouldn't be the first time one has suspected him of this...

"Prosecutor accuses pathologist of colluding with wife to win Spector case"

http://www.courttv.com/trials/spector/081507_ctv.html

What is with all these liars from the Spector case involved in this one?

Hoping for an appeal on down the road?

True, it is about money. Amazing how many of these key PI's, Forensic Experts, and Attorneys are published authors, many times over.

" spin" shouldn't even be in this equation. Truth is truth, and anything else is fabrication or outright lying. Mr Baden has as much access to information as we do, if not more. There would be no excuse to be "uninformed". It is highly doubtful that a man of his reputation and intelligence would rely solely on his wifes opinions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels
Back