Dr Phil and his Diet: Class Action Lawsuit

concernedperson said:
You aren't off the wall. This canned psychotherapy doesn't work for me either. My brother was recently hospitilized in a mental institution. He has very serious issues. No info, none. Since this time he has threatened several family members. Myself included. All of the siblings are on the same page as far as permanently institutionalizing him but my parents say no at this time. This is a time bomb waiting for detonation. I am sure that I will be posting in crimes in the news....My parents murdered....or some such. It won't be the rest of us as no one will go around them at all.

Concerned, I'm saying a prayer for all of you. I hope your parents will reconsider before it is too late.

Dr. Phil, along with anyone else who is rich, is a target for lawsuits and anyone trying to get something for nothing. I think that it is ridiculous, but it certainly keeps the lawyers in business.

I like Dr. Phil, although I like him less than I used to. He is becoming more "Hollywood, " and it shows.

Also, I think that Dr. Phil is a hard *advertiser censored* behind the scenes. I read that his entire staff almost walked out on him when he first started his show. Oprah had to talk to his staff and calm things down.

The only winners in class action suits are the lawyers. When are people going to wake up?! :doh:

class action lawsuit=get rich quick for attorney ;)

JMHO
fran

Becba said:
And anyone listening to him should know he knows nothing about psychology.
Quack!
Just curious, but are you a psychologist?

nanandjim said:
Dr. Phil, along with anyone else who is rich, is a target for lawsuits and anyone trying to get something for nothing. I think that it is ridiculous, but it certainly keeps the lawyers in business.

I like Dr. Phil, although I like him less than I used to. He is becoming more "Hollywood, " and it shows.

Also, I think that Dr. Phil is a hard *advertiser censored* behind the scenes. I read that his entire staff almost walked out on him when he first started his show. Oprah had to talk to his staff and calm things down.
Agreed with this, nanandjim.

I also posted in the other thread that I was waiting for this to happen...soooo many people jumped on his bandwagon it was only a matter of time before it crashed.

And, IMO, if he's a hard *advertiser censored*, he's allowed. Not that it's right or wrong, but it is, after all, his show.

Hbgchick said:
...And, IMO, if he's a hard *advertiser censored*, he's allowed. Not that it's right or wrong, but it is, after all, his show.
I agree. You don't get to the top and become as successful as he is by being a pushover. :)

Ah-see I'm going to sue you all for pain and suffering. I've sat for so long reading all the posts and everyones insight that my butt hurts!

Becca

nanandjim said:
I agree. You don't get to the top and become as successful as he is by being a pushover. :)
Lets face it, if it weren't for Oprah he wouldn't have his own show.

ABOUT THE SHOW Dr. Phil McGraw was best known as the tough-talking resident therapist on the Oprah Winfrey Show before he landed his own show.

McGraw has written several New York Times best-selling books including, "Self Matters; Creating Your Life From the Inside-Out." He has been married to his wife, Robin, for over 25 years and has two sons, Jay and Jordan. The show focuses on changing people's bad habits and focusing on the positive.

Those who have been hospitalized for extreme mental disorders are not allowed to be guests.

The show is produced in partnership with Oprah's Harpo Productions, Paramount Television and King World, Inc.

Dr. Phil has a clause in his contract that says his show can't air opposite Oprah. The show premiered on September 16, 2002 with a HUGE 5.3 rating.

Tom'sGirl said:
Lets face it, if it weren't for Oprah he wouldn't have his own show.

ABOUT THE SHOW Dr. Phil McGraw was best known as the tough-talking resident therapist on the Oprah Winfrey Show before he landed his own show.

McGraw has written several New York Times best-selling books including, "Self Matters; Creating Your Life From the Inside-Out." He has been married to his wife, Robin, for over 25 years and has two sons, Jay and Jordan. The show focuses on changing people's bad habits and focusing on the positive.

Those who have been hospitalized for extreme mental disorders are not allowed to be guests.

The show is produced in partnership with Oprah's Harpo Productions, Paramount Television and King World, Inc.

Dr. Phil has a clause in his contract that says his show can't air opposite Oprah. The show premiered on September 16, 2002 with a HUGE 5.3 rating.

VERY old news. Why do you think Oprah insisted on that clause? Because she knew he'd kick butt.

The reason Oprah backed him was because she believed in the good he was doing for her guests. She gave him the opportunity, yes - most successful people have someone who gives them a break at some point and allows them to shine. But he's come the rest of the way on his own - yes, having her support helps, but she also supports Tom Cruise, and I don't hear many people singing his praises lately.

I can't stand Oprah either. I liked both of them very much until each of them grew heads and egos the size of Texas.

Jeana (DP) said:
I can't stand Oprah either. I liked both of them very much until each of them grew heads and egos the size of Texas.
:laugh: Excellent point!

Jeana (DP) said:
I agree. I currently can't stand Oprah more than I can't stand Dr. Phil. I somehow feel certain he will catch up. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back