Dr. Phil Interviews Burke Ramsey (9/12 & 9/13 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a horrible thing to contemplate, isn't it? That a young child of almost 10 could do such a thing....But I rather agree with the Colorado law - I doubt seriously that even a very disturbed child truly understands death and its permanence. BR may have thought his sister would just get up and be fine at some point. Or maybe he sort of understood what had happened, but not the consequences to himself or his family. The ability to grasp the reality is not reliably there.

But then again, he could really be a sociopath, no remorse at all. I know that once I grasped the reality of my mother's death (I was 10), I was truly grieving and missed her deeply for a long time. I didn't get that impression from Burke's interviews, or his behavior at the funeral, and jumping to his recent interview with DP. I get the distinct impression that he's still pretty happy about it and knows that he's off the hook (at least in this life). His parents did him a disservice by covering for him, and they deserted poor JonBenet altogether.
I downloaded Kolar's book "Foreign Faction on my Kindle and just finished reading Chapter 33 - about the behavior disorder commonly referred to SBP (Sexual Behavior Problems)in children. I've never heard of this disorder until this case and the research he shared was certainly mind blowing and insightful. The documented evidence on this subject suggested that the bulk of children diagnosed with SBP were at very low risk for committing future offenses especially when provided with appropriate treatment. In fact, he mentions John Douglas's thought that the person that killed JBR was a "mission oriented offender" and would not likely kill again. Just wanted to say that with Kolar's inside knowledge and thorough reearch, this book answers many questions brought up in this forum and adds a few more pieces to the puzzle. It certainly has put a few things in perspective for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I took the findings to be the play pants were a skid mark in JonBenets. The pj pants had fecal material ( maybe more than a smear and they were too big for JonBenet)*snip*

So, to you,

pajama pants that are thought to be too big for JonBenet = pajama pants that are the correct size for Burke

So, to you,

pajama pants that are thought to be too big for JonBenet = pajama pants that are the correct size for Burke
I think that's what the CSI detectives thought according to Kolar.

*snip*I can't understand why the ligature/garrote was used. It doesn't make sense to me. If he knew that he had seriously or fatally injured her from hitting her head, then why would he then strangle her to death? I also have problems seeing it as a part of the 'staging', as JB was still (very faintly) alive when she was garroted. Maybe BR didn't realize that she was slowly dying from a head injury and decided to strangle her to finish it off? At this point, I think I'm just thinking out loud. I just can't pinpoint the reasoning behind it.

IMO, the one who inflicted the head bash would have had to have something on the other person in order for that person to do the strangulation.

So, to you,

Considering he was the only other kid in the home.... yes. Considering he was older than JonBenet by almost 4 years .... yes.
"I took the findings" means that is my opinion. For some research material here ya go.

http://www.minddisorders.com/Del-Fi/Encopresis.html#ixzz2ljCtQBXq

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?227384-Feces post 4 quote from James Kolar book.

I downloaded Kolar's book "Foreign Faction on my Kindle and just finished reading Chapter 33 - about the behavior disorder commonly referred to SBP (Sexual Behavior Problems)in children. I've never heard of this disorder until this case and the research he shared was certainly mind blowing and insightful. The documented evidence on this subject suggested that the bulk of children diagnosed with SBP were at very low risk for committing future offenses especially when provided with appropriate treatment. In fact, he mentions John Douglas's thought that the person that killed JBR was a "mission oriented offender" and would not likely kill again. Just wanted to say that with Kolar's inside knowledge and thorough reearch, this book answers many questions brought up in this forum and adds a few more pieces to the puzzle. It certainly has put a few things in perspective for me.

If a forum poster has not read Chief Kolar's book, I can no longer take them seriously. He's seen all of the case files, read all of the GJ reports and tried very hard to tell us what happened without actually stating it in so many terms. He had no axe to grind and was put on the case by the DA's office although Mary Lacy later disavowed his conclusions completely. His book was very edifying although also sickening in many ways, but it made so much sense that to my mind, the case has been solved.

Also read his AMA on Reddit. He has a ton of valuable information there and mentions an updated e-book in the works.

Did a tiny bit of reading about SBP in children. Of note is one aspect that should set off alarms to parents; anger post incident.

Did a tiny bit of reading about SBP in children. Of note is one aspect that should set off alarms to parents; anger post incident.

What does that mean? That the child holds grudges? Gets unreasonably angry about any given situation?

If a forum poster has not read Chief Kolar's book, I can no longer take them seriously. He's seen all of the case files, read all of the GJ reports and tried very hard to tell us what happened without actually stating it in so many terms. He had no axe to grind and was put on the case by the DA's office although Mary Lacy later disavowed his conclusions completely. His book was very edifying although also sickening in many ways, but it made so much sense that to my mind, the case has been solved.
Chief Kolar's heart is in the right place. As is many of the experts. They want the case to be solved or at least be completed. Even if no charges can be filed due to statutes or infancy laws. So sad 😞

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Chief Kolar's heart is in the right place. As is many of the experts. They want the case to be solved or at least be completed. Even if no charges can be filed due to statutes or infancy laws. So sad 

I agree. It's very telling when the investigators cared (and still care) more about JB than her own family.

I'm a little bit disappointed in Garrett. He needs to nut up.

I agree. Bold is mine.

It's even worse on Reddit. The RDIs can have quite a pleasant discussion. Maybe some different opinions on John and staging. But there's respect and trying to come to a conclusion. Most follow Kolar's book. Then about four IDIs come along and are downright hostile and condescending and scream "DNA." When Kolar followers say "Look at the totality of the evidence." Their reply is, "Moron!!!!!!!!" They act like they know it all and its all about them. I'm hoping it doesn't become like that here as its a lovely community.
Thank you. That's why I originally decided to join here is because everyone seemed kind and helpful and full of knowledge. We need to help share this wealth of knowledge with others so that more people are aware of the case and the truths. Versus The Ramsey's controlling everything. This is always about JonBenet and that should remain the focus. It breaks my heart that this precious little girl may never find justice due to her family. We have a voice here and even though we may differ on many of the points we do want this case solved. We should be one voice when it comes to victim advocacy. At this point, it may fall into our hands as civilians to press for a new investigation. To press for the kid gloves to be removed and answers finally sought. For the Ramsey's to be re-interviewed and treated like every other suspect and grilled about their story. Including follow up questions when they make odd statements or differing statements. If nothing else can they not push JR and look at him as a suspect long enough to get the LE back actively looking into them? Tearing apart their statements and digging deeper than most have previously. The key is for them to be handled as any other suspect. Forget all the BS.
There has been so many times we have all witnessed in their interviews when they would make some bold statement, for example BR going downstairs that night, and NO follow up questions! Leaving us speechless. It's absolutely insane what they have been allowed to get away with for so long. Can we flood the DA office with letters demanding it? What can be done as citizens to help seek for finality in this case and Justice found for JonBenet? What are the options or ideas right now?

While discussions may get a bit heated from time to time, I have never seen insults like that. I don't use reddit but I know topix is drowning in similar horse manure. topix is basically a troll factory.

So if Jonbenet was too little for them and Burke was too big, then whose pants were they?
While I'm not icedtea4me, I think that might be he/she's point. We don't know whose they are but its now assumed they were Burke's.

Thank you. That's why I originally decided to join here is because everyone seemed kind and helpful and full of knowledge. We need to help share this wealth of knowledge with others so that more people are aware of the case and the truths. Versus The Ramsey's controlling everything. This is always about JonBenet and that should remain the focus. It breaks my heart that this precious little girl may never find justice due to her family. We have a voice here and even though we may differ on many of the points we do want this case solved. We should be one voice when it comes to victim advocacy. At this point, it may fall into our hands as civilians to press for a new investigation. To press for the kid gloves to be removed and answers finally sought. For the Ramsey's to be re-interviewed and treated like every other suspect and grilled about their story. Including follow up questions when they make odd statements or differing statements. If nothing else can they not push JR and look at him as a suspect long enough to get the LE back actively looking into them? Tearing apart their statements and digging deeper than most have previously. The key is for them to be handled as any other suspect. Forget all the BS.
There has been so many times we have all witnessed in their interviews when they would make some bold statement, for example BR going downstairs that night, and NO follow up questions! Leaving us speechless. It's absolutely insane what they have been allowed to get away with for so long. Can we flood the DA office with letters demanding it? What can be done as citizens to help seek for finality in this case and Justice found for JonBenet? What are the options or ideas right now?

The only justice Jonbenet will ever see, is if the remaining R's are deposed and/or have to testify before a jury. Even better is it being televised. The political connections are to far and broad for anything to ever happen to any of the players here. So, I believe the only justice we will ever see for that sweet child, is the truth come to light.

The truth will set you free John and we will move on and forget about you, like the nothing that you are now.

While discussions may get a bit heated from time to time, I have never seen insults like that. I don't use reddit but I know topix is drowning in similar horse manure. topix is basically a troll factory.

While I'm not icedtea4me, I think that might be he/she's point. We don't know whose they are but its now assumed they were Burke's.
That's why I enjoy this forum. People are willing to discuss the case with us newbies and teach us. There's just no reason to be so hateful to each other even if we don't agree. I respect everyone's opinion.
Logic would tell us the pants were Burke's. I think if it was the parents pj bottoms then that would have been noted. Although we all know JonBenet was found in size 12-14 panties soooo nothing would shock me. With this case in particular, nothing can truly be ruled out. Also considering we don't know all of the evidence, there may be much more pointing to the family. The GJ did support indictments against the parents. They saw like 13 months of evidence and testimony. I can only imagine they saw plenty of evidence that led them to that decision. I also look to their decisions as important because the Ramsey's couldn't control what was being discussed and shown plus they were citizens just like us and came to those conclusions. Alex Hunter dropped the ball on that one. It's a dang shame. :( That is one reason I hope that Spitz holds his ground whether we agree completely with him or not. I don't think he's scared of the Ramsey's and would be willing to take them on in court. That is what is needed for this case to move forward. People to stop being afraid and take the leap. All it takes is one of them to refuse to back down and I feel many others will stand behind him. All the evidence needs to be retested ASAP.
I truly hope the new Chief isn't blowing smoke up everyone's butt and is actually re-investigating this case properly and willing to let the cards fall where they may.

Things are getting heated in here.

Everyone, there is no need to be snarky.

Agree to disagree and move on. End of discussion. Very easy to do.

I'm closing this thread and will open up a new one in a while. I want to give you all a chance to cool down a bit.

Check back in about an hour (might be longer or shorter don't know) for the link to the new thread.

Thanks,
Tricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads