Drew Peterson murder trial delayed

Well, folks, it seems we have two lawyers saying things that are directly opposite to each other.:eek:

Guess you pay your nickle and take your chances. :) Just who do you believe?

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/bolingbrooksun/news/1671257,drew-peterson-fiancee_jo071709.article

Brodsky said he planned to file a motion regarding the state police detective's supposed romantic overture.

Charles B. Pelkie, the spokesman for the state's attorney's office, refuted Brodsky's accusation, calling it "preposterous and disingenuous." Pelkie also said two detectives always interacted with Raines at the same time and never left one or the other alone with her.

Brodsky's claim infuriated Raines' father, Ernie Raines, who called Brodsky a "." Ernie Raines also called Peterson a "" and threatened to "kick the (expletive) out of" and "take apart" Brodsky if he happened to run into him.

Most of the attorneys I know who heard a rumor that his client's girlfriend was being asked to date an investigator who was working the case of the client, would be considering the case. He would be thinking where to best use this info to help his client. He could quietly confirm it, then file a motion. That could affect not only the girlfriend's testimony, but could cause doubt on any info that investigator had found out. But JB didn't do it that way did he? No, instead he started spouting off in the media. He made threats, even before he had confirmed that the rumor was true- and he admitted as much. I believe he knew it wasn't true. I believe it was something cooked up either by DrewP or by JB. My opinion of JB was already low, I didn't think it could get much lower. But it did. I really hope that when the judge is considering the motion to move the case out of the area that he will take just such activities in account.

Has anyone seen or heard anything about a trial date? The last I had heard was that the gun charges trial would be in Dec. But in doing a Google search, it looks like the gun trial hasn't happened yet. And did they ever set a date for the murder trial?

LOL, this case has gotten so quiet. I hope they haven't forgotten that they have DrewP in their jail. LOL, he might start thinking that he is one of the jailers.

Has anyone seen or heard anything about a trial date? The last I had heard was that the gun charges trial would be in Dec. But in doing a Google search, it looks like the gun trial hasn't happened yet. And did they ever set a date for the murder trial?

LOL, this case has gotten so quiet. I hope they haven't forgotten that they have DrewP in their jail. LOL, he might start thinking that he is one of the jailers.

They haven't forgotten ;)

Judge refuses to bar public from Peterson hearing

January 8, 2010 1:55 PM

The public will have access to a first-of-its-kind hearing later this month at which prosecutors are expected to lay out much of their case against Drew Peterson, the former Bolingbrook police officer charged with drowning his third wife in 2004.

Peterson's attorneys took the rare step of asking a judge to seal the courtroom for a Jan. 19 hearing required under a new state law on hearsay evidence.

more here

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/...county-court-joel-brodsky-murder-charges.html

Thanks Texas Mist I wondered if maybe they hadn't decided to just keep him locked up and throw away the key! Since I broke my foot I haven't been able to get onto internet and look for more info.

Drew Peterson's murder trial could be delayed 2 months

Defense attorneys ask for more time to add lawyers and expert witnesses to study complicated forensic evidence

By Karen Sorensen, Special to the Tribune

May 29, 2010

Defense attorneys Friday asked for a two-month delay in Drew Peterson's murder trial, saying they've had to bring in additional lawyers to deal with the complicated forensic evidence and four new expert witnesses.

The June 14 trial date was set in February. The request for a postponement until Aug. 23 irritated Will County Judge Stephen White.

"I have two weeks totally blocked off on my schedule (for the June trial)," said White, who will rule Wednesday on the continuance motion. "I've also had jurors on call since October who were given these dates."

State's Attorney James Glasgow told the judge he would not fight the defense's request.

More at link:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-drew-peterson-0529-20100529,0,6401721.story

The Associated Press
Posted May 28, 2010 @ 09:25 PM

JOLIET — A judge will decide next week whether to delay the trial of a former Bolingbrook police officer accused of murder in the death of a former wife.

Attorneys for Drew Peterson asked Will County Circuit Judge Stephen White to delay the June 14 start of the trial.

Will County State’s Attorney’s spokesman Chuck Pelkie says White indicated he will announce a decision on Wednesday.

Lead attorney Joel Brodsky said Friday he asked for a delay until Aug. 23 because the prosecution proposed to call four new expert witnesses, including a neuropathologist.

Lead attorney Joel Brodsky said Friday he asked for a delay until Aug. 23 because the prosecution proposed to call four new expert witnesses, including a neuropathologist.

More info at link:

http://www.sj-r.com/breaking/x313386652/Judge-considers-delay-in-Drew-Peterson-trial

Let's get this trial going. I am anxiously waiting for his smugly self to be behind bars forever as he so deserves to be. Sorry, I have no doubt in my mind that he is guilty of murdering Kathleen and Stacy and am open to the possibilities that there are more in his closet.

How many more lawyers is DP going to get? :furious: How will he pay for them? Pro bono? Why is he worth it? :furious: Will they be more mob attorneys? :furious: I just knew that the trial would not start on time. *roll eyes*

ITA...Let's get this show on the road! Grrrrr!

Hmmmm...... it sure seems as though the defense is having to do an awful lot of finagling in order to present an accidental death defense.

Oh, if they could only find Stacy......

Anyone know how a neuropathologist fits in with the state's case? :waitasec:

Chances are, the judge will allow the delayed start of the trial, because if he doesn't, that could be grounds for appeal. "We didn't have enough time to PRE-pare!!" :( boo-hoo

Let's get this trial going. I am anxiously waiting for his smugly self to be behind bars forever as he so deserves to be. Sorry, I have no doubt in my mind that he is guilty of murdering Kathleen and Stacy and am open to the possibilities that there are more in his closet.

I absolutely agree! It's been more than a year since his arrest, and the defense has had plenty of time. The pre-trial hearing was in January. The defense knew then what evidence the state would present and has had 4+ months to prepare, including lining up expert witnesses. The judge has cleared the case calendar for two weeks and has a jury pool lined up. It's time to get this trial under way!

Anyone know how a neuropathologist fits in with the state's case? :waitasec:

I'm not sure, but early on JB was trying to insinuate that Kathleen had a health problem (heart) that would cause light-headedness. He was using that as an excuse for her accidently falling in the bathtub. I'm wondering if the neuropathologist is to testify to other possible neurological conditions that could cause falling?

Hmmmm...... it sure seems as though the defense is having to do an awful lot of finagling in order to present an accidental death defense.

Oh, if they could only find Stacy......

Didn't you hear? She ran away with another man. Drew said so himself!

/sarcasm

I'm not sure, but early on JB was trying to insinuate that Kathleen had a health problem (heart) that would cause light-headedness. He was using that as an excuse for her accidently falling in the bathtub. I'm wondering if the neuropathologist is to testify to other possible neurological conditions that could cause falling?
Oh thanks ~ I'd forgotten about that. It seems though if this expert is being called by the state it would be to exclude that possibility. MOO

Delayed again.

A Will County judge agreed to delay until next month the start of Drew Peterson’s murder trial — a much shorter postponement than was sought by the ex-cop’s attorneys. The decision today by Judge Stephen White to set the trial for July 8 prompted defense lawyers to say the new start date could become an appeals issue if Peterson ultimately is convicted of murdering former wife Kathleen Savio.

Full article at link:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/2346968,peterson-trial-delayed-060210.article

snipped and bbm

Defense attorneys Friday asked for a two-month delay in Drew Peterson's murder trial, saying they've had to bring in additional lawyers to deal with the complicated forensic evidence and four new expert witnesses.

yeah, I can imagine its pretty complicated to refute the mounting pile of evidence against him. It may require four diferent experts to adequately muddy the factual waters. And then, along with the experts, ya gotta have the extra lawyers to wrangle them.

Ridiculous

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back