Drew Peterson's Son: He's "Greatest Dad"

Amen to that Poco, plus a "great Dad" is not the one who is 47 and starts dating a 17 hear old. Duh, Duh, Duh.

Unfortunately DrewP has already talked about the fact that he intends for his son Steve to have the kids. And as the parent it is very likely that that is where the kids will go at least until after the trial.

Me thinks there will be a custody battle here. "The best interests of the children" is the standard. Who really knows Steve. You know the apples don't rot far from the trees. Those are also Stacy's children. Stacy has a family. Blow hole just can't dictate from the WCJ who gets his kids when the mother is missing, and he is the suspect. It'll happen, likely this week. Steve has some skeletons. He's also a cop - weapons in the home. Not safe. Didn't he get fired from one PD? or severely punished? and if he's working, who's watching the kids? What's the wife like? She's not a blood relative.

There will be motions my friends. IMO of course.

First, these four children are a family and since their mothers have been murdered and their father is in prison, it's probably best for them to be together.

That being said, we may think that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, but do we really know Steve would not be a fit parent? He is married, and if it is shown that his marriage is stable and his wife is willing, perhaps this would be seen as a good home for primary custody.

However, it seems to me that it would be healthy for the children to have contact with their mothers' families. I think this would be especially true for Stacy's children.

I believe that all parties involved - Steve & wife, aunts & uncles, etc., need some serious counseling with regard to putting the children's interests first.

Stacy's children are young enough that they could be settled into a permanent home in a stable environment and probably emerge okay. Kathleen's children have lost two mothers and their father is incarcerated and accused of murdering them. These two boys need to work through a lot.

I pray that the best interests of the children are the primary consideration and that whoever decides this issue will consider every aspect of all possibilities before making a decision.

This man has severely disrupted and darkened many lives, and his actions have forever affected in a negative way the lives of those people forever. Worst of all, he has deprived four of his children the love and satisfaction that only a mother can give. They have an emptiness that can never be filled.

Not all of DrewP's kids are singing his praises.

This article is from the 12th, but I didn't see it posted. Son Steve is the first quote and he claims to represent all of DrewP's kids. But DrewP has another son, Steve's brother who says something different.

"All of the children of Drew Peterson fully support their father and know that he is innocent of the charges against him"

....He says he's embarrassed by the attention brought on his family's name by their father. He says he is very concerned about the welfare of the children, and wants to help them any way he can.
http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/drew.peterson.children.2.1007256.html

He appears to have done the show for the 10,000 fee he was paid. He claims to have needed the one now that the murderers pension is no longer coming in...... If he really was a stand up guy he'd let the kids see Stacy's family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back