Drew Peterson's Trial *FIFTH WEEK* part one

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Herald-News ‏@Joliet_HN
Brodsky: ISP "interrogated" Tom Peterson for five hours at his university in Pennsylvania #DrewPeterson

Kara Oko ‏@KaraOko
Witness steps down, jury steps out - Judge asks defense where they got with discovery violation #DrewPeterson

Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair
Payonk is off the stand at #drewpeterson and jury is breaking for lunch. Judge addressing issue of Tom Peterson interview now

In Session The jurors are now gone, but the judge and the attorneys remain. They return to the issue of the purported discovery violation on the part of the State regarding its interview of Thomas Peterson.

#drewpeterson defense says the state had an obligation to turn over evidence to the defendant. They say police interviewed Tom for 5 hours.

In Session Prosecutor Brodsky addresses the Court, continues to argue that the State has an ongoing obligation to disclose to the defense at all times. “What we have here is a witness who was present the weekend Kathleen Savio died, with the accused. The State interrogated this witness for five hours at his college . . . they produce a four-page, five-page single spaced report, and the State doesn’t seem fit to reveal it to us? There’s a mandatory obligation to disclose to use discovery materials. The only sanction that could possibly apply at this point would be to prevent them from using any statement in that report in their cross-examination of Mr. Tom Peterson.”

(I think they meant defense and not prosecutor)

In Session Prosecutor Connor responds, insists that there was no intent not to tender this material to the defense. “That’s no excuse . . . our argument would be that there is no actual prejudice at this time, Your Honor. It’s a very small amount of material.”

Authorities intercepted the letter in #DrewPeterson's mail at the county jail.

Prosecutors said they thought the report had been emailed to the defense team, but Brodsky claims it wasn't. #DrewPeterson

#drewpeterson prosecutor apologizes for error and says he thought he had shared it. State says mistake really doesn't hurt defense case

Sgt. Collins says there could be a struggle and no physical evidence left. Collins says Savio death was "my first homicide." #drewpeterson

BBM
What? No objection by the DT?

In Session ‏@InSession
#drewpeterson Brodsky proposes sanction that prevents State using any of those statements during their cross of witness.

#drewpeterson atty Brodsky says "there has to be some sanction."

From all I have read about Tom he seems to be a very strong intelligent young man.

I really dont think Tom would testify in his father's behalf if this was not what he wanted to do. He is under no obligation to be a defense witness for his father.

While most of us are convinced DP is guilty it seems Tom really doesnt believe he is. Which is understandable.

IMO

The poor kid was brainwashed by his father. He IS a smart guy and IMO later in life, or maybe even after Drew is convicted (Please, God...) he will look at it in a different light. The likelyhood this was an accident are slim IMO.
He will eventually come around. Wonder what his brother and his older half-brothers have to say about this?
Does anybody remember that Drew transferred I THINK $250,000.00 to the son who is a cop and is caring for the kids. Yes he really spent that $$ from Kathleen's insurance. He already had a hefty bank account before the million bucks came along.

All MOO:moo: abbie

BBM
What? No objection by the DT?

I was surprised by that too. I think maybe the defense don't want to maximise the damage by drawing attention to it. Or possibly they want the jury to get that this was already investigated as a homicide from the get go, and the initial investigation came to nought.

#drewpeterson judge says "we definitely have a pattern here" and "we clearly have a discovery violation here."

Kara Oko ‏@KaraOko
"Everytime there is a violation of court order, or court rule - some1 else stands up &says 'blame me" #DrewPeterson Judge not happy w/ state

Burmila: Court finds ... yet another violation by the state. But striking report is too severe. #DrewPeterson

Burmila wants cops who prepared report to be at courthouse no later than 5 p.m. today #DrewPeterson

#drewpeterson judge finds it "is yet another violation by state" but "striking the report is too severe."

In Session Judge Burmila makes his ruling: “Well, we definitely have a pattern here. The State violates an order or a rule, and then different people stand up and say, ‘Today it was my fault’ . . . we clearly have a discovery violation here; this person was listed on the list of witnesses. They knew even last week he was going to be a witness, and just a few minutes before the witness is going to get on the stand, they hand over a report and say, ‘here you go’ . . . the defense says there has been contact with Tommy Peterson, and that he’s discussed this report with him. They can’t say they were surprised about the fact of the interview . . . can the officers who prepared this report be here by 5:00 today? . . . the Court finds that it’s a clear discovery violation, but I think the sanction of striking the report is too severe . . . I want those police officers here no later than 5:00 pm today. They’re to be available as long as necessary to be interviewed by defense counsel . . . so get them here. After you’re done interviewing them, if you need to ask for the continuance that’s allowed as a sanction, we’ll take that into consideration at that time. We’ll be in recess.’

The Drew Peterson murder trial is in recess until 2:15 P.M. ET

IMO, I think Lopez is dressed in the same colors as his wife, more so then the colors the jury is wearing.

Yes they dress alike, how mature. NOT. The other day both had on suits (blazers and slacks in dark color) and neon yellow shirts underneath. Why do they do that? IMO it's silly and pointless. Makes them look like a couple of nuts or something. I would be nervous if these two were MY defense attorneys.

abbie:moo:

I think this trial has turned into a joke and I hate to say that I think Drew Peterson will end up getting off because of it. The Jury is trying to steal the show, the prosecution are bumbling idiots and even the judge has been known to make stupid jokes.

I'm pages and pages behind, but wanted to welcome you to WS, thelocator77!

Welcome! :welcome:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member