Duane Allen Hart

I can find two newspaper articles discussing DAH. Neither article states he was cleared by LE, but rather, that they were unable to make a connection. I would be interested in any information that can be provided stating LE cleared DAH.

Please see the links for PDF files of the news articles I am referencing:

http://docdro.id/Z80SuXB
http://docdro.id/MnBcVRl

I agree, I've never seen any documentation suggesting Hart was cleared. Brushed aside as a suspect is the strongest statement I have seen.

I agree, I've never seen any documentation suggesting Hart was cleared. Brushed aside as a suspect is the strongest statement I have seen.

I have no proof except for reading it in the newspaper at the time.

ELOC, have you read the articles where it talks about how DAH was found? Some boys came forward and told LE,

This exciting news was announced in the newspaper,

Then, sometime later--- not long, came the announcement that he had nothing to do with it,

I know ELOC that you did massive research. There were no newspaper articles stating these events?

If not, I must be psychic to come up with this info.

I wonder if DAH ever worked on Joy's farm?

I have no proof except for reading it in the newspaper at the time.

ELOC, have you read the articles where it talks about how DAH was found? Some boys came forward and told LE,

This exciting news was announced in the newspaper,

Then, sometime later--- not long, came the announcement that he had nothing to do with it,

I know ELOC that you did massive research. There were no newspaper articles stating these events?

If not, I must be psychic to come up with this info.

I wonder if DAH ever worked on Joy's farm?

So no evidence. Eloc thank you for your research!

Right away in 1989 or very early 1990. It was in the newspapers.

I remember it vividly because I was so happy when the papers announced they found a guy who had molested many boys, All I could remember was that he worked in a turkey farm and Paynesville several years ago when I found WS.

LE announced he had nothing to do with it, the molester

Since 2008 or 09 I was asking on here who this guy was as I was putting all kinds of search terms into google and getting nothing.

JBrown paid for a news subscription a couple? Of years ago and found DAH.

That to me illustrates why it is good to ask the same things over again if we don't have answers.

Tinner, a couple months ago figured out the Mund footprint after months of discussing that.

So who knows.

This may be the article you are referring to… it’s from the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Jan. 25, 1990 - 3 months after Jacob’s abduction

http://s100.photobucket.com/user/shergal1/media/DAH1990PPress.jpg.html

A portion of it states, “Authorities told her (Patty) and her husband Jerry, a St. Joseph chiropractor, that they have drawn no connection between Hart and their son’s abduction, the mother said.
The Wetterlings took the news in stride, after riding a roller coaster of ups and downs in the 3 1/2 month investigation. ‘We’ve learned to be very steady,’ Patty Wetterling said.”

However, later in the article it states: “ Gigler said Hart’s was the first arrest of a serious nature made in connection with the Wetterling investigation.
Gigler also said authorities are trying to establish whether Hart can be connected to an abduction and sexual assault of a Cold Spring, Minn. boy on Jan. 13, 1989. They had said they believed that case was connected to the Wetterling case.”

So, LE did state they had found no connection between Hart and Jacob’s abduction 3 months later, but they were also still looking at him to determine if he was connected to both Jared's and Jacob's case.

Thanks Sher. What I remember was a much stronger statement because it dashed all hope that he was the perp. It stayed in my memory all of those years because of the intense emotion of hope and then the crash.

If Jared thinks he is the perp, then why doesn't LE go after him. LE certainly has gone after cases much older than this.

On September 8, 2015, the Special Review Board of the Minnesota Sex Offender Program (MSOP) recommended Eric Terhaar for release from the MSOP program with no conditions attached.

As a baby, Terhaar was abandoned by his mother and wound up in foster care. As a child, he was sexually abused by his uncle, and he sexually abused his own sister by the time he was 10 years old. In juvenile facilities, Terhaar repeatedly got in trouble, often fighting with other delinquents or verbally assaulting staff.

https://www.minnpost.com/politics-p...onditional-release-sex-offender-state-program

Why now?

Three offenders have been recommended for release since the MSOP program was ruled unconstitutional in June 2015. Eric Janus, former dean of the William Mitchell College of Law who has studied sex offender laws for more than 20 years, said the sudden spike in releases is “suspicious.”

https://www.minnpost.com/politics-p...onditional-release-sex-offender-state-program

What next?

In 1994, U.S. District Court Judge William Dwyer ruled that Washington state's Special Commitment Center acted "too much like a prison and not enough like a mental-health facility." in 2000, Dwyer took control of Washington’s sex offender program and placed a special master in charge of overseeing its operation. Over the course of 13 years, Dwyer imposed millions of dollars of fines on the state for failing to follow through on changes he ordered. He also released a portion of the patient population. The court held the state in contempt and fined the Legislature. The state was extremely reticent to do anything.

In Minnesota, U.S. District Court Judge Donovan Frank has found the MSOP unconsitutional and has appointed former state Minnesota Supreme Court Chief Justice Eric Magnuson as a special master to oversee potential changes to the MSOP program. "We fully expect that the judge will order that the program will report to" Magnuson, said Dan Gustafson, the attorney representing sex offenders in the Minnesota program.

State lawmakers have been ordered into Judge Frank’s courtroom on September 30, 2015, to discuss remedies to the broader constitutional questions surrounding the MSOP program.

http://www.twincities.com/crime/ci_28824871/minnesota-sex-offender-programs-future-look-other-states

Who Next?

Who else eventually will be released from MSOP into the hinterlands of Minnesota?

Can you comprehend such eventualities? Can you grasp all that is to come?

The clock is ticking . . .

Prov. 11:14

I contacted the governing body of where my family lives and asked them to do something about controlling group homes.

The Minnesota Township Attorney said that group homes cannot be denied. Anyone can get a nice group home right in their neighborhood. I figured that was the case. I think he said that it was up to 6 residents but with 7 something else came into play. Who cares. 6 is 6 to many.

What we need is that these psychopaths receive longer prison sentences.

But I am at a loss as to what legislators would fight the battle for this.Any ideas?

I know the ones in the area where I lived are not going to do it. Too lazy.

It is really difficult for me to do it as I am in the US for only brief time periods. If someone can give me names, I will do something. As a retired teacher, I saw what the mild molesters did. That is the ones who did relatives or the ones who were the child's " uncle" as in mom's boyfriend . I cannot imagine these monsters in civil commitment. Their constituitonal rights left the minute they raped the baby or the child the first time.

On September 8, 2015, the Special Review Board of the Minnesota Sex Offender Program (MSOP) recommended Eric Terhaar for release from the MSOP program with no conditions attached.

As a baby, Terhaar was abandoned by his mother and wound up in foster care. As a child, he was sexually abused by his uncle, and he sexually abused his own sister by the time he was 10 years old. In juvenile facilities, Terhaar repeatedly got in trouble, often fighting with other delinquents or verbally assaulting staff.

Why now?

Three offenders have been recommended for release since the MSOP program was ruled unconstitutional in June 2015. Eric Janus, former dean of the William Mitchell College of Law who has studied sex offender laws for more than 20 years, said the sudden spike in releases is “suspicious.”

What next?

In 1994, U.S. District Court Judge William Dwyer ruled that Washington state's Special Commitment Center acted "too much like a prison and not enough like a mental-health facility." in 2000, Dwyer took control of Washington’s sex offender program and placed a special master in charge of overseeing its operation. Over the course of 13 years, Dwyer imposed millions of dollars of fines on the state for failing to follow through on changes he ordered. He also released a portion of the patient population. The court held the state in contempt and fined the Legislature. The state was extremely reticent to do anything.

In Minnesota, U.S. District Court Judge Donovan Frank has found the MSOP unconsitutional and has appointed former state Minnesota Supreme Court Chief Justice Eric Magnuson as a special master to oversee potential changes to the MSOP program. "We fully expect that the judge will order that the program will report to" Magnuson, said Dan Gustafson, the attorney representing sex offenders in the Minnesota program.

State lawmakers have been ordered into Judge Frank’s courtroom on September 30, 2015, to discuss remedies to the broader constitutional questions surrounding the MSOP program.

http://www.twincities.com/crime/ci_28824871/minnesota-sex-offender-programs-future-look-other-states

Who Next?

Who else eventually will be released from MSOP into the hinterlands of Minnesota?

Can you comprehend such eventualities? Can you grasp all that is to come?

The clock is ticking . . .

According to this article (link below), Terhaar's release has been denied by Judge Donovan Frank. Frank also denied the transfer of the only woman ever committed as a sex offender in Minnesota, to a separate women’s facility.

I wonder if MSOP recommended Terhaar's release just to call the judge's bluff? I certainly hope they aren't playing games to get out of revamping their whole system.

http://www.startribune.com/judge-won-t-allow-release-of-sex-offender/270838671/

I am hoping some of you can provide some insight to a few things that have popped up in my mind over the past couple of days.

First off, my husband and I were going over court documents from DAH's arrests, and neither of us think he was in jail in January, 1989 - though we can't prove that, we're just trying to interpret the data without any background in reading these documents. One thing my husband did point out to me (he thinks DAH is the "wrong guy") is that one of the incidents where he sexually assaulted one of the boys he was arrested in 1990 for, occurred on October 26, 1989. This is only four (4) days after Jacob's abduction. (Links to these court documents were provided by me a couple of days ago in this thread.)

My husband argues that if DAH was still sexually assaulting victims, victims he knew, in 1989 and possibly only four days after Jacob disappeared - why would he be out also abducting children? Wouldn't his "plate be full" he stated.

So here are my questions:

1.) It is very unusual for someone with DAH's M.O. of knowing his victims, to also abduct victims? Do we know of cases this has happened prior? Do kidnappers start out that way? Or do they first sexually assault known victims and it escalates to abducting children not known the the perp? (I have tried reading some typologies, and criminal profiling books, but so far can't find answers to this question.)

2.) Jared stated he was certain the man who abducted, and sexually assaulted him is currently locked up in Moose Lake. Members on Websleuths have stated he is almost certainly referencing DAH. However, Jared did not initially ID DAH when he was younger. Do any of you think Jared may be wrong?

Because in my opinion, if Jared is right and DAH is the perp in his case, he has two M.O.'s and could very well be Jacob's perp as well. But because DAH's M.O. was to abuse children who were known to him, and because he was still abusing children the year Jared & Jacob were abducted - does it seem likely he was doing both simultaneously.

I am hoping some of you can provide some insight to a few things that have popped up in my mind over the past couple of days.

First off, my husband and I were going over court documents from DAH's arrests, and neither of us think he was in jail in January, 1989 - though we can't prove that, we're just trying to interpret the data without any background in reading these documents. One thing my husband did point out to me (he thinks DAH is the "wrong guy") is that one of the incidents where he sexually assaulted one of the boys he was arrested in 1990 for, occurred on October 26, 1989. This is only four (4) days after Jacob's abduction. (Links to these court documents were provided by me a couple of days ago in this thread.)

My husband argues that if DAH was still sexually assaulting victims, victims he knew, in 1989 and possibly only four days after Jacob disappeared - why would he be out also abducting children? Wouldn't his "plate be full" he stated.

1.) It is very unusual for someone with DAH's M.O. of knowing his victims, to also abduct victims? Do we know of cases this has happened prior? Do kidnappers start out that way? Or do they first sexually assault known victims and it escalates to abducting children not known the the perp? (I have tried reading some typologies, and criminal profiling books, but so far can't find answers to this question.)

2.) Jared stated he was certain the man who abducted, and sexually assaulted him is currently locked up in Moose Lake. Members on Websleuths have stated he is almost certainly referencing DAH. However, Jared did not initially ID DAH when he was younger. Do any of you think Jared may be wrong?

Because in my opinion, if Jared is right and DAH is the perp in his case, he has two M.O.'s and could very well be Jacob's perp as well. But because DAH's M.O. was to abuse children who were known to him, and because he was still abusing children the year Jared & Jacob were abducted - does it seem likely he was doing both simultaneously.

And he suddenly is without a gun and a mask in the attack 4 days after Jacob? The entire state is searching for Jacob and he attacks boy without a gun, without a mask. That doesn't make any sense.

Also if he was masked in Jacobs abduction and never let him go, how does he attack 4 days later, without a mask, and lets that victim go?

And he suddenly is without a gun and a mask in the attack 4 days after Jacob? The entire state is searching for Jacob and he attacks boy without a gun, without a mask. That doesn't make any sense.

Also if he was masked in Jacobs abduction and never let him go, how does he attack 4 days later, without a mask, and lets that victim go?

My understanding is the boy he attacked in 1989, was someone he had previously attacked in 1987. He knew the victim and had established some sort of 'relationship' so there wouldn't have been a need to mask himself.

I find it odd that he'd be sexually assaulting another boy only four days after he took Jacob. I would think he'd lay low for a while.

However, experts have stated these things about DAH (LINK):

1. He lacks control over his urges
  2. He acts impulsively around children
  3. He is fixated on young males
  4. He experiences intense urges to sexually offend, despite a victims protests or resistance

So maybe the young male he assaulted October 26, 1989 was not intended, but when the circumstance allowed for DAH to assault the boy, he couldn't stop himself?

Jennifermn,

Imho you're using sound logic to rationalize something that is irrational, and that's why it doesn't add up - it shouldn't. It's not the norm and whomever we're talking about - DAH or another perp is NOT of sound mind.

In my opinion based on limited facts, DAH may have been abused sexually and/or physically as a child. Not only can this lead to the victim becoming the abuser, but it can also lead to other personality defects such as multiple personality disorder (MPD) or borderline personality disorder (BPD).

In both, the person(s) can act differently from one moment to the next without any rhyme or reason.

This could account for the discrepancies you're focusing on.

Relevant case histories published between June 1990 and March 1993 are included here.

Catholic priests who have molested acquaintances have also targeted strangers on bicycles.

Of course, use of masks, guns or force is not necessary in stranger abductions, even in 2015: hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGIDHrYKJ2s

Are you ready for what is to come, or are you stuck in a farmer’s driveway, mired in intrigue, conspiracy & speculation, old newspapers, “linkage analysis,” and myriad other silliness?

Follow the formula, the clock is ticking . . .

It is always possible that the victims that knew him were starting to tell, resist or were not around that evening. Or he was just in the area, saw the boys and had an urge. He didn't need the mask because the other child already knew who he was because of the repeated assaults. Weren't a few of DAH's victims brothers? I wonder if the assaults happened one at a time or both at the same time. Otherwise he may have taken more than Jacob if he has experience with two victims at once.

I know some people on her get ticked off when I say we talked about this before in depth. I am not sure how it can be searched.

The reason I bring this up is it is from what I remember of the numerous discussions,

I don't think a definite deduction was made as to if DAH was in jail or not at the time of either Jacob or Jared. We need someone who knows how to read those cases.

2. There is quite a bit of info on here as well as in ELOC's book re DAH. He lived in foster homes; he started drinking at age 6; he was sexually abused numerous times.

3. I feel that he did not abuse someone on Oct 26 but rather that he was arrested that day for the years of sex abuse he did. Others feel he did abuse that day.

I think there needs to be more info in order to make a true determination.

Good work Jennifer. I hope you keep at it!

Jennifermn-- nothing new for us?

No, unfortunately not.

I have spent some time reading through the material Mossad provided, and wanted to highlight and see if it makes a case for or against DAH. I am not 100% finished reading the 112 page document.

I saw what you posted in another thread, about the slowing down of comments. It is disappointing. I am wracking my brain, trying to come up with something that may have been missed, or someway we can get more info on some of these 'suspects'; like DAH's car records. I feel like I am stuck.

I am hoping someone will come across this thread and read those court documents and help to clarify dates for us.

If I remember correctly, it was stated on here that DAH's alibi for the night Jacob was taken was that he was with another victim. Do we know where he and the victim were or does anyone have a link to verify this?

If I remember correctly, it was stated on here that DAH's alibi for the night Jacob was taken was that he was with another victim. Do we know where he and the victim were or does anyone have a link to verify this?
From what I have been told, he was at "Mud Lake" with said victim.

I have no verifiable source for this, nor would I rule DAH out with this info unless it can be verified.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back