Durham police have charged Raven Abaroa with murder in the April 2005 death of his wi

I read this on WRAL, and immediately rannnn to Websleuths.

It makes me feel like there is always hope.

May her family have peace soon.

I read this on WRAL, and immediately rannnn to Websleuths.

It makes me feel like there is always hope.

May her family have peace soon.

I did the same thing. Isn't it wonderful?! First Jason Young and now Raven. :woohoo:

YAY! Good to see that Raven is being held accountable for this finally!

Thank you Durham PD!

I go grocery shopping and come back and WOW! I'm floored! I'm going to need time to let all this sink in. My prayers and tears have been answered.

{{{{to the Christianson family}}}} this is going to be a hard ride. I have a fireplace full of white candles.....almost one for each of you. I'll keep them burning all night. :) My thoughts and prayers are with you and Kaiden.

Justice-for-Janet-ribbon-1.jpg

I've been reading about/following Janet's case for some time now.
Thank GOD this day has come! :woohoo:
Justice for Janet and her family...

AMEN!!! I've learned alot about patience since lurking and hence joining Websleuths!

Justice for Janet and the baby, Kaiden and her family!

http://www.wral.com/news/local/audio/6943527/

Husband arrested in Janet Abaroa slaying

(snipped)

Tim Dowd, spokesman for Janet Abaroa's family, issued a statement late Monday after Raven Abaroa's arrest was made public.

"Throughout the years the Christiansen family has remained confident and held to the faith that one day there would be justice for Janet’s murder. The Christiansen’s are especially grateful to tireless efforts of detectives and agents with the Durham Police Department, North Carolina State Bureau of Investigations and the FBI. As far as commenting on Raven’s guilt or innocence, the family will leave that to the judicial system," the statement read.

NC Wanted also spoke with Dowd via telephone late Monday about the family's reaction. Dowd and his wife were friends with the Ravens when they lived in Virginia.

Raven Abaroa's arrest was a joint operation by the Durham Police Department, the FBI Task Force, the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation, the Montpelier Police Department in Idaho, the East Idaho STAR (Special Tactics and Response) Team and the Bear Lake County Sheriff's Department in Idaho.

Full report at link:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6942948/

Raven Abaroa was placed Monday in Idaho's Caribou County jail without bond. He is being held for extradition to North Carolina.:behindbar

These two sentences are some of the best words ever. This has been a long time coming and justice can finally be served. My prayers to the Christiansen family and Kaiden. He is going to need so much love and support, especially now. There's no telling what all his "father" has put in his head. My hope is that Kaiden is now with the Christiansens getting all the love and hugs he needs.

This is such awesome news. I have been reading and hoping for such since Jason was arrested, I guess it proves that good things come for those who wait.

No longer does this forum fall under C.O.L.D. C.A.S.E.

WE ARE OFFICIALLY, AS A GROUP....

CURRENTLY AWAITING TRIAL

Thanks for the quick move mods. It looks so good at the top of the window NOT to be a CC anymore.

Right now I hope all the other cold case followers are feeling encouraged. I know this isn't the be all, end all of Janet's case. This is more like a new beginning.... but it's hope!

Here's hoping the evidence is sufficiently overwhelming that he pleads to save his own behind.

With [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=628646&postcount=1"]this post[/ame], as my previous WS nick misterallgood, I began the Websleuths discussion of this case in 2005. I have always been convinced Raven was getting away with something and frankly dropped out of the discussion after a while both because I was getting a lot of work writing about other crimes and also because I found it too depressing to revisit this case.

Last fall, I virtually stopped crime blogging all together, which is part of the reason I haven't posted much on this site since then (ironically, I knew it was time to quit after I received the best blogging opportunity of my career so far and wasn't really interested). I still blog and even cover crime from time to time, but I also write about politics, pop culture, the media, gossip - everything but sports.

Recently - like, last weekend - I felt moved to start another crime blog, which was surprising because when I quit my job (and it was a paying job) writing for Village Voice Media's True Crime Report, I was so relieved - you don't even know. I didn't even care about losing money; I just wanted to stop doing the true crime all the time thing.

I just felt like it was time to do my own little thing again. I have to fit in true crime blogging with the paying work, which isn't always easy, but I committed enough that I bought a new URL and went to some effort to design an easy-to-use, simple site.

Hearing this morning that Raven had been arrested gave me almost an eerie feeling - like, this is why I started this back up again. So here's the post I put up at my new crime blog, CrimeSlam.com, about the arrest:

Raven Abaroa Arrested for the Murder of Wife Janet

Easily one of the most satisfying blog posts I've ever written.

Those of you who have continued with this discussion for nearly 5 years now amaze me. Writing and thinking about crime all the time is rough, psychologically-speaking. At least for me it has been. I have to detox from it. It's even rougher if you feel that a killer has been on the loose all along and even kind of rubbing other peoples' faces in it - which I think Raven has done.

All I'm saying is today is a good day. A very good day. Raven's wings have been clipped. Perhaps that murder of 13 crows in my back yard on the day I began the new crime site were telling me something after all.

You never know.

Steve - http://crimeslam.com/

I can't believe I missed this yesterday! One of the few days I didn't check the net for news on Janet's case.

I'm very pleased with this development!

Finally, Janet will have Justice!

fran

Wow - First Jason Young, and now Raven!!!!!! This is super excellent news!

I know Janet's family is pleased with the developments.

Justice for Janet!

I confess, I lost hope. Thank goodness, those close to the case did not. God bless Kaiden and the Christiansens.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back