E-mail problem

jilly

Reaction score
Someone has apparently sent me a large photo which has hung up and now prevents me from opening my in box (outlook express).

I'm supposed to do a find for Inbox dbx (whatever that means), right click it and delete it because I'm supposed to delete the entire inbox. Problem is I don't know how to find this inbox.

Has this happened to anyone and if so could you please guide me here...please?

Cute cat, and cute name.

Deleting a whole inbox sounds dangerous, but what do I know? Good luck.

why not call your Internet Service Provider and have them delete the large email off the server for you? I had to do that several times when I was on dial up....

Hi..

My suggestion.. would be to go to www.mail2web.com and either view and/or delete the message from there..Messages that are large/or pics.. can be viewed and deleted very easilly from there. This is an email server anyone can use, from anywhere, with any email addy and password to view their email :)

This will enable you to get back to your outlook express.. I suggest after doing this.. reboot the computer.. so the message doesn't keep trying to connect thru outlook express.

Gabby said:
why not call your Internet Service Provider and have them delete the large email off the server for you? I had to do that several times when I was on dial up....

Hi Gabby - I tried that and they said they couldn't do anything because the problem was with the product and not their service - the guy told me to google the message which I was getting from outlook which I did....I've done everything.

A friend of mine did a search for his inbox dbx and it came up - with me it says I don't have one. I mentioned this to a technician and he said I probably needed to reinstall Windows. Tried to do that but it won't let me said that I already have a better one installed so we're thinking that my son at some time downloaded an upgrade to Windows XP from the internet. Can't get a hold of him (he's probably avoiding me, lol).

Anyways, thank you for responding.

christine2448 said:
Hi..

My suggestion.. would be to go to www.mail2web.com and either view and/or delete the message from there..Messages that are large/or pics.. can be viewed and deleted very easilly from there. This is an email server anyone can use, from anywhere, with any email addy and password to view their email :)

This will enable you to get back to your outlook express.. I suggest after doing this.. reboot the computer.. so the message doesn't keep trying to connect thru outlook express.

Thank you Christine. Yes, I have already tried this too (I think I've done everything). Trouble I have with this is that they want a password. It's my husband's e-mail account and he says he doesn't have a password - lol it's been so many years he's probably forgotten. Then again, this used to be my son's computer and he might have set up his dad's e-mail and used his own password but I wouldn't know because he's 4000 miles away, recently moved into a new apt and forgot to notify the phone co there so he doesn't have a phone right now and we of course can't receive email. (And his cell is never on).

Anyways, I am definitely goling to go this route when I get to know our password.

Thanks for responding.

I suggest you call your internet/email provider and have them reset your password, you should have no problem doing this. That is the only suggestion I have.

If your not sure what OS (Operating System) you have, Win95, 98, ME, 2000 or XP, a way to find out is right click on my computer, then select properties, a box will pop up and there it will tell you all the info on our system, including what OS you have installed.

I really have no other solutions but I have some geek friends and I will see if they have a different suggestion beside what I did. I think it will work if you just get your password reset and go to the website I told you about and delete that particular email.

Kindest regards,
Christine

christine2448 said:
I suggest you call your internet/email provider and have them reset your password, you should have no problem doing this. That is the only suggestion I have.

If your not sure what OS (Operating System) you have, Win95, 98, ME, 2000 or XP, a way to find out is right click on my computer, then select properties, a box will pop up and there it will tell you all the info on our system, including what OS you have installed.

I really have no other solutions but I have some geek friends and I will see if they have a different suggestion beside what I did. I think it will work if you just get your password reset and go to the website I told you about and delete that particular email.

Kindest regards,
Christine

Thank you Christine. I will do that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member