East and Northeast

Good catch on that one. I don't know why I thought I saw 10/21 on the date he went missing, my mistake.

because his birthday is in october

attachment.php

but like i said, keyes was obviously riding a city vibe. he must've had big city fever that time of year. Bob was a good looking guy and that one picture of him, on the left, has him looking so troubled. definitely the sort of "scent", if you will, that a serial killer might pick up on (keyes was known to profile people).

thanks for introducing him, i want to know what happened to him.

Attachments

• dates.JPG
    dates.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 76
bump

I'm from an area not far from where IK had the property in Constable, and I have friends who have summer cabins in the area, and a few people I know who have family on the reservation. It's extremely desolate in spots right around there, and it's an area which has been on a steep decline for decades. I know the area well, though, and quite frankly I can see how IK would have had no trouble slipping in and out of there unnoticed, especially considering the run-down state of the property in question.

Records indicate it sold for $15,000 in '97. Despite having no real connection to the property, other than it was sold to him by a family member, I'm amazed at how thought-out he was regarding the property itself. It was in his name before he entered active duty, and he kept up on the taxes (!), which makes me wonder if he was using the property for nefarious purposes that far back, which was age 19, or if he was planning to use it for bad things well off into the future.

Up until recent years, I didn't pay close attention to the nightly news, in fact unless it was financial page stuff I didn't pay close attention to a case like this one. I'd heard the name IK, but had no clue about the breadth and complexity of the case. I don't recall it ever being on the local news, up there (Rochester and Syracuse).

Just amazed at how slippery this guy was. Here's an article which quotes him as saying he'd lived a double life for "fourteen years":

http://www.pressrepublican.com/news...cle_1ff0de4b-878f-599c-a259-6cd84da8cbff.html

Which puts the beginning roughly at '98. Just chilling, really. This case interests me some because it shows the great lengths some SK's will go to prey on their victims.

You never know, I doubt it is though just because Keyes' travels are so well documented and, while he was technically unaccounted for at the time of the RI abduction, I don't think he would have been able to travel from Alaska to RI and back completely undetected.

That and Keyes wasn't known to leave people alive, but on that I guess stranger things have happened.

The composite does vaguely resemble him, and the description generally matches.

Have you looked at the boca raton mall killer thread in the Keyes forum? The sketch of that guy looks a LOT like Keyes, I don't believe it was him for the exact same reason I don't think he was responsible for the RI abduction, but in any case there's a lot of overlap in description and MO in the RI and boca raton cases (whether or not it was Keyes--if it wasn't, it still conceivably could have been the same guy).

The Staceyville John Doe who still hasn't been identified, who turned up in the woods about 40 miles from Keyes childhood home in Smyrna, where he said in TCBS that he had a pad set up in the old barn:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

How about George Blais?
5136DMTX - George A. Blais
"My brother moved to Brownsville Texas in June 2000. He kept in touch until about 2010. We have not heard from him since. Our family is afraid something has happened to him. I have searched the internet and his last known address is still the same, 2307 French Street, but he is not living there. Please help us."

George lived right near the bridge to Matamoros, Mexico, was schizophrenic, and hadn't heard from his family in months.

Search - Chron

Texas Walmart
October 22, 2010 | Brownsville Herald

Jose Angle Sierra, 27, is wanted on the charge of aggravated robbery in connection with the Sunday robbery at the IBC branch inside the Walmart on Boca Chica, said police spokesman Eddie Garcia.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back