EB Blames AB For What Happened

:innocent: I was being a little facetious but since being here I believe both of them had become paganistic in their beliefs. Zahra was never seen by a doctor while she was here so arguably they could claim a lack of trust in modern medicine.

I know :) But my thoughts are... if they eventually try to say their actions were due to adhering to Aboriginal customs ... there would be an opposing precedent already set....the cancer treatment in OZ...

I've been back and forth and upside down the past few weeks on this. I cannot determine, knowing simply what we know, who actually killed Zahra. I firmly believe AB isn't clueless or dominated by EB and I do think he played an active role in Zahra's murder.

A big sticking point for me will be if Zahra was actually dismembered. To my mind, IMO, that speaks to a male's involvement. For all her dark gothiness EB is still a woman and it is a rarity for women to dismember. Not impossible (as we saw with the mother who severed her daughter's arms) but highly unusual nonetheless.

Even without that I just can't believe AB had no clue Zahra was being abused. I cannot, as a parent, understand his lacadaisical tone in the 911 call, I do not comprehend not being on every news channel that would have me begging for anyone with information to come forward - even making a public plea to EB. JMO

JMO what if at the time of the 911 call Ab just thought Zahra got fed up and left. Not neccisarilly ran away but just left the house for awhile being upset. He did go looking around for her before he made the call. It was 2pm on a saturday afternoon. i dont think he honestly thought she was gone for good. I htink at the time he was just calling to make EB feel better.

EB has taken LE to places where they have found evidence regarding Z, what has AB done to "cooperate"? Sit there and watch them tear his house apart while he insists he had nothing to do with it?

This is what makes me think AB was LESS involved. I don't think he KNEW where to point them because he didn't know where she was or what happened.

I don't believe a THING EB says. She's got a history of lying a mile long.... she used the "he got rid of the body" excuse when it became beneficial for her. The minute she thought he was locked up too... she put her hand in the air saying "me me me " my turn to tell you stuff now.
The difference being ... she knew where the body was. She knew what happened to Zahra.

JMO what if at the time of the 911 call Ab just thought Zahra got fed up and left. Not neccisarilly ran away but just left the house for awhile being upset. He did go looking around for her before he made the call. It was 2pm on a saturday afternoon. i dont think he honestly thought she was gone for good. I htink at the time he was just calling to make EB feel better.

This is what I have thought as well. I see the 911 call as evidence of his innocence. I think he thought that someone had taken Zahra... truly. But I think in the back of his mind he felt it was one of the family members that had threatened many times to do so. He may have even been thinking that EB and this family member were "in" on it ... to try and get some money. I do NOT think he thought she was in harms way.

Actually neither of them have been charged with murder yet. EB could be out of jail just like AB is as she has a bail amount. She just can't come up with the money for bail or to pay a bail bondsman to go her bail.

Now, if Zahra was found dead, I can believe what she says about AB doing horrible things, like disposing of the body in the manner he did.

Now, if that's the case, AB would be charged with the crime of mutilitation of a corpse. Mutiliation of a corpse is a crime that allows for posting of bail. This is mutilation after death and is nothing like the crime of murder.

If Zahra was murdered and EB did it, AB would still be only be charged with mutilation of a corpse and would get out on bail.

If AB murdered Zahra, EB could still be out on bail if she could afford it.

IMO who else is EB gonna blame? The boogeyman? The twinkie? The chicken sandwich?

I do not pretent to know AB's level of involvement in Zahra's death and disposal. I do know he was her father, her only lifeline in this country so far from her homeland. I do know that there are numerous reports of him sitting idly by, watching his daughter being physically abused by EB.

Very few murderers that I can recall, take immediate responsibility and shout from the rooftops "it was me! I did it! I am responsible!"

Most do exactly as EB is doing, minimize their role, shift blame, and rail at the unfairness of it all.

IMO who else is EB gonna blame? The boogeyman? The twinkie? The chicken sandwich?

I do not pretent to know AB's level of involvement in Zahra's death and disposal. I do know he was her father, her only lifeline in this country so far from her homeland. I do know that there are numerous reports of him sitting idly by, watching his daughter being physically abused by EB.

Very few murderers that I can recall, take immediate responsibility and shout from the rooftops "it was me! I did it! I am responsible!"

Most do exactly as EB is doing, minimize their role, shift blame, and rail at the unfairness of it all.

Above BBM...

Exactly...And I will not believe a word that comes from her mouth. Of one thing, I feel sure, and that is that she is a heinous child abuser

I am uncertain of AB's involvement in Zahra's death but no matter how small or large it is I will always hold him responsible as he subjected her to this horrendous fate. Whether he had a direct (physical) hand in her death or was an accomplice after the fact, to me he will always be an accomplice before the fact. He could have prevented this and he did not, end of story.

I still think someone else may be involved as well and she does not have the nerve to identify this person(s)...

Regardless, whatever penalty she gets, IMO, he should get, and that should be life imprisonment with no chance for parole...

Regardless, whatever penalty she gets, IMO, he should get, and that should be life imprisonment with no chance for parole...

Snipped...

IMHO, they both should get a LOT more than life imprisonment. Apparently, Zahra has spent much of the past several months in solitary confinement--trapped with abusive, neglectful parents and given only a few minutes each day for nourishment.
I'd like them both to suffer that same fate....for a few months....and then I'd like for them to die in the same brutal way that Zahra died.

I know it's not going to happen, but a girl can dream;-)

Snipped...

IMHO, they both should get a LOT more than life imprisonment. Apparently, Zahra has spent much of the past several months in solitary confinement--trapped with abusive, neglectful parents and given only a few minutes each day for nourishment.
I'd like them both to suffer that same fate....for a few months....and then I'd like for them to die in the same brutal way that Zahra died.

I know it's not going to happen, but a girl can dream;-)

While I respect your opinion, I am not in agreement with the death penalty...Now if they were to, for example, stick them (separately) in a really long dark rat infested tunnel on a remote island with no food or water or any opportunity to ever get off the island, I would be in agreement...To me, life imprisonment is a worse fate than death...

I know that's not gonna happen either but I dream about it for a lot of these "unusual people"...

I personally do support the death penalty and now with the ability to confirm cases via DNA I think the process should be sped up, thus addressing the overwhelming costs involved with the death penalty and the decades of trauma the victims family's go through as the appeal process drags on.

That being said I don't think this will be a death penalty case. Not based on what we have seen thus far. *Maybe* if there is a definite cause of death like a skull fracture AND one of them had already said that was what happened.

But with no murder weapon place forensically in one person's hands this case is a whole bunch of he said she said, okay I will admit to the part that happened afterwards but the other one delivered the death blow, and a deal for the first one to make a deal and testify against the other. It is a shaky capital case from what we have seen so far. IMO

I personally do support the death penalty and now with the ability to confirm cases via DNA I think the process should be sped up, thus addressing the overwhelming costs involved with the death penalty and the decades of trauma the victims family's go through as the appeal process drags on.

That being said I don't think this will be a death penalty case. Not based on what we have seen thus far. *Maybe* if there is a definite cause of death like a skull fracture AND one of them had already said that was what happened.

But with no murder weapon place forensically in one person's hands this case is a whole bunch of he said she said, okay I will admit to the part that happened afterwards but the other one delivered the death blow, and a deal for the first one to make a deal and testify against the other. It is a shaky capital case from what we have seen so far. IMO

as to BBM, ty ITA. With DNA evidence being so much more reliable and the means to collect such evidence so greatly improved, I am totally okay with death penalty. My only concern used to be the worry that wrongfully convicted would occassionally be put to death. Now that we have made such advances in forensic science, I agree wholeheartedly that once there is DNA evidence connecting them to the crime, death row inmates should be dealt with swiftly. No more wasting years on endless appeals, etc. No more subjecting victimized families to delay after delay after delay.

As to your analysis of the death penalty and whether it will come into play in this case. I also think you are right on the money with your assessment.

I think there will be too much he said/she said and too little obvious proof as to COD in order for the DP to come into play here.

Excuse my ignorance (from the other side of the world), but is the death penalty an option in NC ?
I havent heard it mentioned, so I am assuming its probably not.
And, I suppose the PD/DA would need a clear cut case of murder 1 in order to go down that route anyway.

Excuse my ignorance (from the other side of the world), but is the death penalty an option in NC ?
I havent heard it mentioned, so I am assuming its probably not.
And, I suppose the PD/DA would need a clear cut case of murder 1 in order to go down that route anyway.

The death penalty is indeed an option in North Carolina.

However, it would appear (from my brief bit of googling) that the state is a little less free with its use than, say, Texas.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back