Ebola outbreak - general thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
so how many are in quarantine now?
patient, girlfriend, 4 children, EMT, Dr,
and we have how many unsuspecting victims out there?
When he gets healthy, he should go straight to jail, JMOO
Better yet...send his butt back to wherever he came from so we aren't paying for his jail time. Okay....I half way kid...but what he did was criminal. He had to have suspected that that woman he helped transport died of Ebola.

And airplane lavatories are not cleaned that well. There is a huge pressure on the cleaners to get the airplane cleaned and ready for the next departure. They are barely wiped down and I know that no disinfectants are used.

That's just crazy under any circumstances!

oh my I am getting so much about Ebola on my FB................the panic is starting

AC360 reporting a freelance cameraman in Africa has Ebola and is on his way back to the U.S. for treatment.

If something could be done to stop Africans from eating bushmeat, this disease might be eradicated.
The current outbreak, thought to have started with the two year old in Guinea- it was thought that he contracted it from picking up a fruit bat.

“I’ve been seeing Ebola on TV, how it starts, with muscle pain, red eyes. When I see his eye, it is all red, and I think maybe this time it is Ebola virus and I should be careful,” Jallah, 35, said in an interview with The Washington Post at her nearby apartment, where she and her family have been quarantined.

She dialed 911. “My daddy is going to the bathroom constantly,” she told the operator, referring to Duncan, whom she considers her stepfather.

No one in the family has seen Duncan since he left the apartment Sunday morning in an ambulance.

[CDC officials visited and took everyone's temp.] “We don’t have any food,” Jallah said. “What do we do?”

She was told that she and Yah, but not the kids, could go to the store.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...d51488-4a5f-11e4-891d-713f052086a0_story.html

Actually, to give benefit of the doubt bleeding from say a bitten tongue DOES cause what looks like severe bleeding.

Mouth cuts and head cuts always look worse than they really are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whatever. All they need to do is look at the conjunctiva and they know. Not to mention all of the surrounding illness around this woman. To try to deny this was Ebola is ridiculous IMO

“I’ve been seeing Ebola on TV, how it starts, with muscle pain, red eyes. When I see his eye, it is all red, and I think maybe this time it is Ebola virus and I should be careful,” Jallah, 35, said in an interview with The Washington Post at her nearby apartment, where she and her family have been quarantined.

She dialed 911. “My daddy is going to the bathroom constantly,” she told the operator, referring to Duncan, whom she considers her stepfather.

No one in the family has seen Duncan since he left the apartment Sunday morning in an ambulance.

[CDC officials visited and took everyone's temp.] “We don’t have any food,” Jallah said. “What do we do?”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...d51488-4a5f-11e4-891d-713f052086a0_story.html

What kind of quarantine is that when they are allowed to go shopping?

“I’m going to call an ambulance,” she said.
Duncan tried to resist. He had been to the hospital once already, several days earlier, and all they had done was send him home with antibiotics. Jallah didn’t listen to him. She dialed 911.
“My daddy is going to the bathroom constantly,” she told the operator, referring to Duncan, whom she considers her stepfather.
Fifteen minutes later, two paramedics knocked on the door. Jallah greeted the two men but told them that they couldn’t enter until they put on gloves and face*masks. “He just come from Liberia,” she explained. “For safety, don’t touch anything. Viruses.”
<snip>Reluctantly, Jallah and the others left the hospital and returned to Troh&#8217;s apartment. While a cousin swept the floors, Jallah placed the blanket she had bought back on her mother&#8217;s bed, sprayed disinfectant throughout the apartment and sprinkled liquid Clorox on the furniture.
&#8220;Don&#8217;t sleep in that bed,&#8221; she told Troh.
&#8220;Oh, you just bought that blanket,&#8221; her mother complained.
But Jallah was insistent. Later, she bought her mother sanitizers, a makeshift mattress and two new blankets.<snip>
Jallah and Yah are careful not to shake the hands of visitors and when someone leaves, they use a sanitizing wipe to turn the doorknob to let the person out.

Well, at least they seem to have some common sense, but they still should have told the paramedics it could be Ebola.

I'm in DFW and I have an anxiety brain and I'm holding it together. You will be fine . I'll let you know when it's time to panic ! :p

When it is time to panic ,it is to late.

It is time to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. It may not take hold in the US. However I will point out earlier in the thread it was stated by the WHO, that 1,000,000 people world wide could be infected by dec.
They also said the first cases would hit the U.S by the end of sept.

The CDC said make sure you have enough supplies to last 90 days five years ago.

They told two family members who were in direct conduct with Duncan that they could go shopping? I think I just fell out of my bed. Oh Jeez.

How long can Ebola live on a surface?

In one study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Ebola virus lived on a surface in a perfectly controlled environment for up to six days. But the environment at an airport, for example, or a school is not perfectly suited to support viruses.

Ebola is easily destroyed outside of the body, experts say. UV light, heat and exposure to oxygen all deactivate the virus over time.

The virus depends heavily, he said, on its host — either a human or animal — to stay active.

There is no approved drug or vaccine for Ebola.

Early symptoms include a high fever, muscle aches and chills — similar to early symptoms of the flu. The virus then progresses to severe vomiting and diarrhea, with a possible rash and painful cough. Patients near death sometimes bleed from their eyes, mouth or other orifices as they begin to bleed internally.

But just to be safe, follow the basic rules of infection prevention: Avoid people who are sick and wash your hands frequently.

http://fox6now.com/2014/10/02/can-ebola-survive-on-a-surface-that-and-other-questions-answered/

Minutes later and I am still in shock that two of the people who are under quarantine were told they could leave the apartment to go shopping. You have got to be kidding me. Nice going Dallas - awesome way to try to contain the virus! WHO is in charge there? We have 5 people trampling inside the apartment with no protective gear, vomit on the sidewalk for days being cleaned up by people with no protective gear, and now we have quarantined people allowed to go to the grocery store. Scratching head here!

Family that hosted Ebola patient under armed guard (http://www.nola.com/health/index.ss...secute_dallas_ebola.html#incart_most-comments)

DALLAS&#8212;" Four members of a family the U.S. Ebola patient was staying with were confined to their Texas home under armed guard Thursday as the circle of people possibly exposed to the virus widened..........

The unusual confinement order was imposed after the family failed to comply with a request not to leave their apartment, according to Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins."

Unbelievable. They have absolutely no concern for the public. All it takes is a few inconsiderate ignorant people to start a huge epidemic that could quickly spread around the nation and the world.

Minutes later and I am still in shock that two of the people who are under quarantine were told they could leave the apartment to go shopping. You have got to be kidding me. Nice going Dallas - awesome way to try to contain the virus! WHO is in charge there? We have 5 people trampling inside the apartment with no protective gear, vomit on the sidewalk for days being cleaned up by people with no protective gear, and now we have quarantined people allowed to go to the grocery store. Scratching head here!
Well I am glad the daughter Jallah called an ambulance for him, otherwise he would have died there, and noone would know it was Ebola. At least she had the common sense to recognize that his eyes were bloodshot and took his temperature.

Family that hosted Ebola patient under armed guard (http://www.nola.com/health/index.ss...secute_dallas_ebola.html#incart_most-comments)

DALLAS—" Four members of a family the U.S. Ebola patient was staying with were confined to their Texas home under armed guard Thursday as the circle of people possibly exposed to the virus widened..........

The unusual confinement order was imposed after the family failed to comply with a request not to leave their apartment, according to Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins."

Unbelievable. They have absolutely no concern for the public. All it takes is a few inconsiderate ignorant people to start a huge epidemic that could quickly spread around the nation and the world.
They were told they could go grocery shopping, that's probably where they were. The markets should be disinfected as a precaution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member