EJ's phone call to TPS 1/22

For a 28 minute conversation, she didn't divulge much, did she? In the article posted above, these were TS's supposed words.

""Basically, she just started yelling at me. She said, 'You're the one who set this up' and I said 'What? What are you talking about?' And I was really freaked out by that because I didn't think she would just tell a lie like that," Smith said.

Both Smith and Johnson have been caught in lies during the investigation, but Smith said appears Johnson is now trying to spread the blame.

"I said then, 'OK, tell me how I did this. How did I do it?' And she couldn't do it," said Smith.

She said Johnson slammed the phone down and hung up when she warned her that she will take the rap for anything that has happened or will happen to Gabriel.

"If I were her, I would really, really think twice about holding her tongue. I would tell the truth now and God will give grace for that," said Smith."

Seems to me either there is a word left out in what I bolded as it doesn't make sense to me or it's that backwards talk of TS that's getting to me. Either way, this is different from what she said in the video.

"...warned her that she will take the rap for anything that has happened or will happen to Gabriel."

While I keep thinking that maybe EJ went rogue after heading to SA, thus TS really doesn't know where Gabriel is, I am bothered by TS saying that to EJ. The "or will happen" part doesn't sit well with me: it could be viewed as a veiled threat.

Transcript of Tammi Smith discussing 1/22 jail call from Elizabeth.
Starting from 1:50 of video at link.
http://www.azfamily.com/video/featu...Gabriels-mom-to-one-time-friend-82655967.html
Reporter: 3TV’s Kristine Harrington talked to the couple late tonight and here is what they had to say.
KH: Yeah, [one word inaudible], Elizabeth made the call to Tammi Friday, one day after she was indicted. And Tammi Smith says Elizabeth didn’t sound right, she was angry and clearly fishing for something.
TS: Out of the blue, it was Elizabeth. I’m like, why are you even calling me?
KH: Tammi Smith, caught off guard by the jailhouse phone call received from Elizabeth Johnson.
TS: And she immediately started getting mad at me. “I’m so mad at you”, ya know. “You, you’re throwing me under the bus and”.
KH: Tammi says she couldn’t figure out Elizabeth’s motivation for the call.
TS: It sounded like she was trying to set me up, trying to tell me that we helped her, and I’m like “What did we help you with? She said that we helped her find a family. I said “Ok, then what’s the phone number?” “I don’t know.” “Ok, well then what are their names?” “I don’t know.”
KH: Tammi and her husband, Jack, are persons of interest in this case. Tempe police accuse them of withholding information, but the couple denies any wrongdoing. Tammi says her conversation with Elizabeth lasted about 28 minutes and as soon as she hung up, she called police.
TS: I tried to keep her on there as long as I could, I guess, because I wanted to make sure that they were able to trace the phone number it came from because it said unknown.
KH: The call, Tammi says, connected through a third party, ended badly when she brought up possible murder charges.
TS: She just sat there for a second. And then finally, she banged the phone down and then hung it up. She needs to tell the truth. She needs to tell the truth and ask God for forgiveness.
KH: Tammi says she doesn’t know what to believe after that phone call and now isn’t so sure if Gabriel is dead or alive. She still doesn’t know why Elizabeth called, but says she doesn’t expect any more calls. Kristine Harrington, 3TV.
Video ends.

Transcript per private message request.

With the transcript of the video of Tammi done, I will say two things. One, that video is chopped to pieces, spliced like crazy...at least 5 times, some in midsentence. Second, it sounds like a jab at police: Yeah I kept her on the phone so they could trace the number...in other words, I know you have my phone tapped and you won't get anything on me that I can't explain, haha.

For a 28 minute conversation, she didn't divulge much, did she? In the article posted above, these were TS's supposed words.

""Basically, she just started yelling at me. She said, 'You're the one who set this up' and I said 'What? What are you talking about?' And I was really freaked out by that because I didn't think she would just tell a lie like that," Smith said.

Both Smith and Johnson have been caught in lies during the investigation, but Smith said appears Johnson is now trying to spread the blame.

"I said then, 'OK, tell me how I did this. How did I do it?' And she couldn't do it," said Smith.

She said Johnson slammed the phone down and hung up when she warned her that she will take the rap for anything that has happened or will happen to Gabriel.

"If I were her, I would really, really think twice about holding her tongue. I would tell the truth now and God will give grace for that," said Smith."

Seems to me either there is a word left out in what I bolded as it doesn't make sense to me or it's that backwards talk of TS that's getting to me. Either way, this is different from what she said in the video.

I take that to mean... Tammi told Elizabeth that she would be the one in trouble for whatever happened/happens to gabriel. Elizabeth got mad and hung up.

I find this very telling... almost like Tammi is saying "you are going down for my actions"

the "will happen" is almost a threat IMO.

First of all, thank you, NMK! Your transcripts are invaluable. I can't hear well enough to hear videos on my computer.

Anything Tammi has brought up before has turned out to be a sort of "say it before someone else does." So, what in this conversation is Tammi trying to head off? Will it come out that she did find someone to take Gabriel but EJ doesn't know that person's phone number or name? Will it turn out that she knows there was a murder? That she did set up the whole running away thing (duh!)? Was she trying to warn Elizabeth that she should "hold her tongue"? It's got to be something, because Tammi's always got an agenda.

IMO, EJ's inability to answer the "tell how I did it" and "tell me their names and phone #'s" isn't because TS isn't involved, it's because she really doesn't know. Maybe TS did all this, telling EJ "I'll handle everything, don't worry" - hence EJ being angry and hanging up. Reading the transcript, TS comes off to me like she's thumbing her nose, being sarcastic telling EJ "so tell me how I did it, tell me their names and #'s".

Her comments about "being caught off guard", the call was "out of the blue" and she "couldn't figure out EJ's motivation for the call" were a bit over dramatic if you ask me. EJ had handed her son over to this couple. She obviously trusted them, right? Why would TS be so shocked she would call them - the people she trusted enough to take her child? The people that had offered to set her up in their Tennessee home? TS shouldn't be shocked, she should understand why EJ would have a bond with them.

What I don't get about the phone call is if TPS set it all up why would EJ need a confession from her. Why wouldn't she just call and say "you are the one that sent me to San Antonio and arranged for me to meet your friends"? It seems like EJ herself didn't know what happened and she had to know, she was the one that did it. I can see someone else trying to trick a confession out of TPS but not the person who would know it anyway. Does that make sense?

EJ called Tammi, right? So why don't we hear WHY she called? She didn't just call to chat about the weather, or to ask Tammi if SHE had any news. She must have had a reason, a question, something she wanted to say. BUT Tammi won't be telling her public, her fans, her adoring masses, what that reason is, will she. We'll just have to wait for that information to come out later.....if ever.

EJ called Tammi, right? So why don't we hear WHY she called? She didn't just call to chat about the weather, or to ask Tammi if SHE had any news. She must have had a reason, a question, something she wanted to say. BUT Tammi won't be telling her public, her fans, her adoring masses, what that reason is, will she. We'll just have to wait for that information to come out later.....if ever.

I thought she called to yell at Tammi for throwing her under the bus and accuse her of arranging for someone to kidnap Gabe?

IMO, EJ's inability to answer the "tell how I did it" and "tell me their names and phone #'s" isn't because TS isn't involved, it's because she really doesn't know. Maybe TS did all this, telling EJ "I'll handle everything, don't worry" - hence EJ being angry and hanging up. Reading the transcript, TS comes off to me like she's thumbing her nose, being sarcastic telling EJ "so tell me how I did it, tell me their names and #'s".

Her comments about "being caught off guard", the call was "out of the blue" and she "couldn't figure out EJ's motivation for the call" were a bit over dramatic if you ask me. EJ had handed her son over to this couple. She obviously trusted them, right? Why would TS be so shocked she would call them - the people she trusted enough to take her child? The people that had offered to set her up in their Tennessee home? TS shouldn't be shocked, she should understand why EJ would have a bond with them.
BBM
Elizabeth has to know.... shes lied with two stories... 1.) couple she just met at the park, 2.) couple she met and the hotel,,, so now there a third one..Tammi set everything up and she doesnt know nothing..She knows who she gave Gabriel to and she knows when this happened and where it happened.
I cant believe either one Tammi or Elizabeth....

BBM
Elizabeth has to know.... shes lied with two stories... 1.) couple she just met at the park, 2.) couple she met and the hotel,,, so now there a third one..Tammi set everything up and she doesnt know nothing..She knows who she gave Gabriel to and she knows when this happened and where it happened.
I cant believe either one Tammi or Elizabeth....

Also, just because TPS said that EJ said this or that doesn't mean it's true. She may have called and said "you told me you would get me a lawyer if I did things your way. You said you would stick by me and back up what I say. You know you and Jack are the reason I went to San Antonio to give the baby to your contact and now you are saying I duped you".
She may just be covering her butt because she thinks that no one will ever hear that call except LE and it won't be released.

A 28-minute jailhouse phone call? That is a mighty long call, and especially considering the fact that TS states that it is a 3-way call. That would mean that Elizabeth was on the phone with someone else prior to making the phone call to TS.

Any time my brother would call me from jail, not only was there a time limit on the calls, but there was also a warning that any attempt to include a 3rd party via 3-way would automatically terminate the call. Granted, the jail that my brother was in was in a different state, but I cannot imagine the rules being THAT much different in Arizona.

I call BS on what TS is saying about this phone call.

What jail is she in right now? I am digging at the legitimacy of the call. (I should so totally already know this.)

What jail is she in right now? I am digging at the legitimacy of the call. (I should so totally already know this.)

Gosh, nmk, I cannot remember the name of the facility that she is in.

It seems that the rules would be the same no matter which place she is in, though. Does the Phoenix jail have a website discussing jailhouse rules?

The fact that EJ called Tammi is very interesting. Let's assume, for a moment, that Gabriel is alive, and the crime is custodial interference. (i think the pictures of Gabriel point to her selling the baby or giving it to someone in the underground, maybe even someone holding the baby for Tammi,) EJ knows she is going to jail for kidnapping, etc. once the child is found. But Tammi is still sitting at home doing media interviews.

And she's mad as hell. If Gabriel is still alive, and he is found, she goes to jail and Logan gets Gabriel. If he isn't found, she may go to jail for murder on top of kidnapping--and I think that is a capital offense in some states.

Checkmate. She just didn't think this out, did she? Maybe she figured she could give away the baby and successfully disappear.

I have a feeling that Elizabeth is going to stick to the story that Tammi set it up for a couple to meet her and get the baby. If that happened there wouldn't be much reason for Elizabeth to know their number or names. Tammi may be in big trouble plus get hit with a lawsuit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
B_Hazey
Back