Elisa Baker - Life Before Adam

In reference to the AY and E divorce papers. He clearly put her name as EB. I wonder if that makes the AB and E marriage not legal, should the name not have been EY? I'm kind of confused on that.

I hate to say one way or the other because I havent really checked into it. I just know when my husband turned 65 they told me I could draw off both my husbands when I turned 62 because I had been married to both of them over 10 years. I turned 46 yesterday so really havent delved into it to hard. I do know my husbands ex was widowed last year and was trying to draw off her late husband and my husband also and wasnt eligible to draw off my husband because they were not married 10 yrs. Also they were only married just short of 5 years? I know my mom drew off her first husbands military pention and my dads SS, because she died on the first day of the month and I had to figure out if I could use the checks to pay her final utility bills. I do believe both military pention and SS are both federal so should apply in all states.HTH

Lordy you're young, so we won't rush it, lol! Everything that has to do with SS puzzles me..I'll have to do some research and see if there is maybe a 5 yr cut off..just out of curiosity. My dad's 2nd wife passed away a couple yrs ago, but I'll never forget my mom going berzerk when she found out this woman could draw my dads SS. We had a mess because he died @ 58 with no will and right smack in the middle of a very nasty divorce..

eta~so sorry, I'm always going OT..I'm blaming my ADD..:angel:..but will be more careful..

Since it seems to be going O/T - someone please clarify how Social Security Disability fits in with "EB & Bigamy"? I am confused! :waitasec:

I know that my mom and my dad's 2nd wife BOTH draw from my dad's SS. He was only married to wife #2 for 5 years. (but she was married to husband #1 for over 20 years) My mom flipped out about it because she thought at first that it would affect her $ amt. when she started drawing it..but it didn't..

I am very curious about her disability (if she is/was drawing a ck) I always was under the impression that what you are able to draw was based on how much you had made up until the point you started drawing it?

westsidefox, will you be able to draw from both husbands or from either/or? (as in which one is the highest $ amt) just curious..this kind of stuff always confuses me...

I don't know if there is a disability besides social security disability EB could apply for, but my statement of benefits tell me I am no longer eligible for disability because I haven't worked enough quarters in the last 10 years. I read that from my own statement. I worked for years but stayed home for the last 10 to raise my four kids. I am no longer eligible for social security disabilty. When my mom changed her social security benefits after my father died they told her if she had been married more than once they pick the one with the most benefits to draw from.

Since it seems to be going O/T - someone please clarify how Social Security Disability fits in with "EB & Bigamy"? I am confused! :waitasec:

It was stated by her lawyer she applied for disabiltiy and someone wondered since she has been married so many times who she may draw from.

It was stated by her lawyer she applied for disabiltiy and someone wondered since she has been married so many times who she may draw from.

Thank you - I appreciate the clarification. :)

I'll pull it all together! Could EB have thought she would get benefits for Zahra once she got her to the states? Doesn't federal disability pay benefits for a disabled child? What if one of the benefits of moving AB and Zahra to the states was for the money and then the money didn't pan out?

Maybe one of the factors of EB's rage was money she thought she was get that she didn't get.

Not really my opinion but tossing out thoughts...

Well aren't we just all cozy in here, so did any other husbands turn up while I was wondering around the old Haleigh threads?

still can't figure what it is about this woman that she is able to garner all this male attention and husbands. I wonder if she is somewhat a coctail personailty in her online persona. You know, quickly sizing up what someone is like and would resond to and then assuming that persona.

just thinking out loud.

There's gotta be something. All accounts of her ex, AY and many of her blood relatives paint her to be a very pushy, demanding, [not very nice person]

So how in heck did she fool men into thinking there were redeeming things about her? Was she always as unpleasant as she is painted now?

As far as the bigamy goes, I agree with the poster earlier who said that is a felony and would be yet another charge to keep her in jail til she spills what really happened, all of it to LE. Not that we need to worry about keeping her in jail thanks to the silly offensive motion filed by Dubbs and the fact that so far I don't see the line forming to bail her out.

I'll pull it all together! Could EB have thought she would get benefits for Zahra once she got her to the states? Doesn't federal disability pay benefits for a disabled child? What if one of the benefits of moving AB and Zahra to the states was for the money and then the money didn't pan out?

Maybe one of the factors of EB's rage was money she thought she was get that she didn't get.

Not really my opinion but tossing out thoughts...

The thread is about bigamy, but welcome to WS Wagara and railbugfreak!

As far as the bigamy goes, I agree with the poster earlier who said that is a felony and would be yet another charge to keep her in jail til she spills what really happened, all of it to LE. Not that we need to worry about keeping her in jail thanks to the silly offensive motion filed by Dubbs and the fact that so far I don't see the line forming to bail her out.

Oh I dont know as if they really need the bigamy thing to keep her in jail. She would never make it out on a bond after leading them to a dismembered body. Not a chance.

still can't figure what it is about this woman that she is able to garner all this male attention and husbands. I wonder if she is somewhat a coctail personailty in her online persona. You know, quickly sizing up what someone is like and would resond to and then assuming that persona.

just thinking out loud.

There's gotta be something. All accounts of her ex, AY and many of her blood relatives paint her to be a very pushy, demanding, [not very nice person]

So how in heck did she fool men into thinking there were redeeming things about her? Was she always as unpleasant as she is painted now?

BBM
I imagine at that early stage of courtship-there were redeeming qualities to her. She must have filled a need or void in their lives while she got them into her web!:waitasec:

Yes, that is a stumper isn't it? I guess only they would know..

just thinking out loud.

Well aren't we just all cozy in here, so did any other husbands turn up while I was wondering around the old Haleigh threads?

What do you mean :waitasec:?

As far as I am aware there are no verified locals posting in this thread, or anyone who is inside of the case. Is that what you meant?

I think she was an expert at using people and even once they figured that out I think they thought there were lines she wouldn't cross.......but she did!

Oh I dont know as if they really need the bigamy thing to keep her in jail. She would never make it out on a bond after leading them to a dismembered body. Not a chance.

You mean you weren't swayed by her attorneys cleverly crafted motion? <--- sarcasm alert!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dressie
Back