Elizabeth Edwards leaves husband John out of will

Ee is with god now.. it wouldn't suprise me if he did propose bc the marriage was over in his heart the second he had the mindset to sleep with that other woman .. I just feel so badly for her that she had to suffer so much and be betrayed on top of it ..no one with a kind heart such as hers deserves it

I find what John did distasteful (the affair, the lovechild, the secrets, the pulling others into his lies) but he is free to do whatever he wants.

I feel it was wrong for him to make this move right now, fresh on the heels of his children burying their mother, but it is not my decision to make, ultimately it is his alone.

I hope Elizabeth's children are able to adjust to all this change and go on to lead happy, fulfilling lives and make their mama proud.

Being a woman who is very much aware of such cases like this (though, no affair innocent child involved nor a person in public office) through personal experience, I'm thankful that both Elizabeth Edwards and John Edwards came to a place of understanding between then and, most likely, for their children.

I won't go into personal details and being older now can understand/respect what this family has evolved to. Playing devil's advocate again: Perhaps healing and forgiveness for past behaviours has brought this family together. Perhaps marriage proposal has everything to do with being a family again in a new form. None of us know the dynamics of the behind the private scenes of their lives. Nor should we. As long as all are working it out as best they can at this time, who are we to judge?

I still think the man was an idiot, but I don't believe he would publically, or privately, hurt his children with some not thought out decision and have them part of it.

As far as what his children decide to call his wife to be, that's completely up to them. I have a step mother who is 5 years older than me. I do not call her "Mom". Would be kinda creepy if I did. Blech....

FWIW, the woman who married my father 2 years after the passing of my Mother is not the person he was involved with. I want to be fair to her about that.

I'm sure the choice that Elizabeth made was based from love, forgiveness and understanding.

But it sure reads good. JMHO.

Elizabeth Edwards was/is a hero of mine for many, many reasons. While I don't doubt she had a heart big enough to keep or add John to her will, I am happy that she didn't and actually showed that she was "over that stage" in her life by excluding him.

What an amazing woman. I cried so hard the day she died....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back