Elizabeth Johnson Trial - Outside the Jury Presence - Monday, Oct 15

From what I can tell, Mr. Victor is trying to win the case through jury instructions.

I was so relieved that Ms. Andrews saw fit to remind him that Gabriel is listed as A victim in the original indictment!

And I loved the way that EJ's penpal/TPS supporter sat there shaking her head no through that! :floorlaugh:

Yep. She wasn't restraining him anymore. She either killed him or gave him away (which the prosecution can't say).

They've said Gabriel's name more today than they have since this whole thing began. I'm thrilled to see that Gabriel is finally in the forefront and not just sidenote. Finally, this is about Gabriel! I hope the jury gets it, I hope they really, really get it!

so did I miss it or did the judge NOT rule on all the motions? confused....

Judge is still debating on 2 motions: the DCAC (dangerous acts against children) part of the kidnapping and the Rule 20 (directed verdict by the judge before deliberations).

IF the judge rules in favor of the defense on the DCAC, then the rule 20 motion will apply to ask the judge to find EJ not guilty on the kidnapping charges.

If the judge rules for the pros, then the rule 20 is kind of a moot issue.

Hope that clears it up.

I think there is a much better chance of EJ being found guilty now on all of the charges, since MV can't use a jurisdictional issue as their defense. MV should have never told the jury during opening statements that they agreed with the facts of the case - which includes the fact that kidnapping stems from EJ's violation of AZ court order, which makes it an AZ crime.

and via twitter- thank you Corey!

Corey Rangel‏@CoreyABC15

ABC15 has learned judge in Elizabeth Johnson case DENIED motions to throw out kidnapping charges. Closing arguments today. #babygabriel

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels
Back