Elizabeth Taylor's health failing...

She's the same age as both of my grandma's. Fortunately, they are both still in good health. Hopefully, Elizabeth will get better. She's done it before.

txsvicki said:
I've not heard a word that Liz Taylor is still supporting Michael Jackson, and I think they struck up a friendship because she was also a child star.
Someon asked which number Richard Burton was, and I don't know, but she married him twice.
Lets see, he would be husband # 5 & 6. She has been married eight times to seven husbands:
Taylor and Wilding had two sons, Michael Howard Wilding (born January 6, 1953), and Christopher Edward Wilding (born February 27, 1955).

She and Todd had one daughter, Elizabeth Frances Todd, called "Liza," (born August 6, 1957).

And in 1964, she and Fisher started adoption proceedings for a daughter, whom Burton later adopted, Maria Burton (born August 1, 1961).

The above from wikipedia

txsvicki said:
I've not heard a word that Liz Taylor is still supporting Michael Jackson, and I think they struck up a friendship because she was also a child star. Someon asked which number Richard Burton was, and I don't know, but she married him twice.
------------------

Egads! Elizabeth is exactly one month older than I..Yes she has been close to death many times and sprang back.CHF can be handled with meds for so long,my husband has it also.Here I am still working in a Deli!! I wish her well,always liked her.I remember hearing on one of the channels (may have been CTV) during MJ trial that Liz no longer had anything to do with MJ and refused to be a character witness.I suppose I could check for the right spot I heard it..Senior moments..

From one of the articles she says she is not afraid to die. But it must be hard to plan her own funeral. I never heard she was supporting Jackson either.

Liz Taylor has been defending Michael Jackson since 1993!!!!!!!!!!!

(CBS/AP) A number of celebrities who know Michael Jackson and were guests at his Neverland ranch have made no public comment since his arrest last Thursday on child molestation charges.

That's not Liz Taylor's style.

The actress, who has been a close friend of Jackson's for many years, came out strongly Sunday in support of the beleaguered star.

In a written statement, Taylor predicts Jackson will be vindicated.

The actress, who has a few things in common with Jackson - including having been a child star, winning every award early in her career, and experiencing more heartbreak than romance - also attacked the way the media has been covering the story.

"I thought the law was 'innocent until proven guilty.' I know he is innocent and I hope they all eat crow," said Taylor, who is refusing to comment on camera as a protest of media treatment of Jackson.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/11/24/entertainment/main585208.shtml

"The talk all night was that they'd had a terrible falling-out," says my source, who somehow got invited. "It seems that Michael had summoned Liz to Neverland, but when she arrived he wasn't there. She's furious."

Indeed, Michael has been spending more time in the Palm Beach-Bal Harbour area of Florida looking for a new home.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,81249,00.html

Taylor has in the past defended her eccentric pal, following criticism of his lifestyle and after he was accused of abuse by a 13-year-old boy in 1993.

http://www.gmax.co.za/feel/11/24-michaeljackson.html

She also corroborated parts of Latoya's initial statement back in 1994 concerning the payoffs to the family's of young boys. She is the one that hooked Jackson up with Anthony Pellicano.

She can save a seat for MJ in hell!

concernedperson said:
I always thought Michael Todd was the love of her life. He died early and then she met the others.So, I am a little suprised she chose Richard Burton to be buried next to.But, I know nothing as far as Hollywood type people get along.I guess the words expressed are similar to politicians.
Wonder how Burton's last wife feels about that?

Liz came out supporting him (Jackson) in 2003, but when was the trial, 2005? I don't recall Liz supporting him by then, I think there was a rally at Neverland and she didn't show up. I don't think he had too many supporters by then.

I didn't care too much for her "musical husbands" game when young, but I think she was a respectable actress and definitely is a legend no matter what.

I recall reading somewhere that Liz always waited for marriage before having sex, that is why she had so many husbands. Who knows, she sure was beautiful and talented.

concernedperson said:
That was kinda critical. So, I want to say she is a star always has been and always will be.She gives the newbies a path but not many will follow and only Meryl Streep is even a close cigar.Liz did some unattractive roles she wasn't always Cleopatra. She did, Suddenly Last Summer and other roles, like Who's Afraid of Virgina Woolf? This was taking the fluff out of actresses and makng them act.It wasn't Baywatch. It is part of my growing up. These early women chose to define what women really are but not limit us to who we can be.So, thank you for paths, Liz. You are not lost on me.
She also did a movie with Carol Burnett called "Between Friends" where she played an out-of-control alcoholic and Carol Burnett was trying so hard to help her.
That's my favorite of her roles.

My mom looked a little like her when she was younger. My mom LOVES Liz Taylor. She even has a few Liz Taylor barbie-style dolls. :)

Prayers for her, I hope she gets well.

Linda7NJ said:
Liz Taylor has been defending Michael Jackson since 1993!!!!!!!!!!!

(CBS/AP) A number of celebrities who know Michael Jackson and were guests at his Neverland ranch have made no public comment since his arrest last Thursday on child molestation charges.

That's not Liz Taylor's style.

The actress, who has been a close friend of Jackson's for many years, came out strongly Sunday in support of the beleaguered star.

In a written statement, Taylor predicts Jackson will be vindicated.

The actress, who has a few things in common with Jackson - including having been a child star, winning every award early in her career, and experiencing more heartbreak than romance - also attacked the way the media has been covering the story.

"I thought the law was 'innocent until proven guilty.' I know he is innocent and I hope they all eat crow," said Taylor, who is refusing to comment on camera as a protest of media treatment of Jackson.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/11/24/entertainment/main585208.shtml

"The talk all night was that they'd had a terrible falling-out," says my source, who somehow got invited. "It seems that Michael had summoned Liz to Neverland, but when she arrived he wasn't there. She's furious."

Indeed, Michael has been spending more time in the Palm Beach-Bal Harbour area of Florida looking for a new home.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,81249,00.html

Taylor has in the past defended her eccentric pal, following criticism of his lifestyle and after he was accused of abuse by a 13-year-old boy in 1993.

http://www.gmax.co.za/feel/11/24-michaeljackson.html

She also corroborated parts of Latoya's initial statement back in 1994 concerning the payoffs to the family's of young boys. She is the one that hooked Jackson up with Anthony Pellicano.

She can save a seat for MJ in hell!

who cares? She's ill. I don't care who her friends are, she's a classic actress and I feel for her because she's ill.

I think my favorite Liz movie is Father of the Bride. So young and soft spoken. I'm pretty young (31) but I rented it when I was 12 and have loved it. She was beautiful as a bride. It will be a loss to the world when she passes. She has done so much good in the world for AIDS. My prayers to her and her family and I love that she wants to be next to Richard Burton. A true Hollywood romance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back