Embezzlement charges: discussion, etc.

I don't know why this didn't jump out at me before:

abc11tv.com: Abaroa Pleads Guilty to Embezzlement

He ordered between 25 and 30 pairs of shoes from his former employer, Sports Endeavors, late last year. Abaroa, 25, had the merchandise delivered to his Durham home.

Valued at about $100 each, he sold the shoes and pocketed the money. Abaroa now has to pay the company the $9,600 he made and must return the unsold shoes.

If Raven had sold each and every pair of shoes that he stole at or near their $100 value, then we'd have a maximum of 30 x $100. That equals $3,000. The above article states that he has to pay back the $9,600 that he made AND return the unsold shoes. How on Earth did Raven make nearly $10,000 on less than $3,000 worth of merchandise? Even if he sold every pair, which evidently he did not, he would have had to have charged $320 per pair. No one in their right mind would have paid that. What am I missing?

JerseyGirl said:

He ordered between 25 and 30 pairs of shoes from his former employer, Sports Endeavors, late last year. Abaroa, 25, had the merchandise delivered to his Durham home.

Valued at about $100 each, he sold the shoes and pocketed the money. Abaroa now has to pay the company the $9,600 he made and must return the unsold shoes.

If Raven had sold each and every pair of shoes that he stole at or near their $100 value, then we'd have a maximum of 30 x $100. That equals $3,000. The above article states that he has to pay back the $9,600 that he made AND return the unsold shoes. How on Earth did Raven make nearly $10,000 on less than $3,000 worth of merchandise? Even if he sold every pair, which evidently he did not, he would have had to have charged $320 per pair. No one in their right mind would have paid that. What am I missing?
Well looks to me, like those ordered weren't the ones that were stolen....He had been stealing them for a while, if we go back to the beginning threads when the allegations of the stolen equipment was. Perhaps his last order was 25 - 30 and they found out prior he stolen more.

Since we can't go back in time to find out how much he sold each pair for, we will not know, but the money he owes was not including the filing fees, court costs etc., meaning he must have stolen a lot more than 25 - 30 shoes.

I hear tell he still hasn't paid them back. Where the heck is his probation officer anyhow?

On the parole database, it lists the "offense date" as 07/01/2004. So I'm guessing that was the last order date and it was just for shoes.

I'd like to e-mail or somehow contact the parole office. His probation/suspended sentence is only for 24 months. He only has 14 months left! I wonder if he has the entire time to pay off the debt...and what will happen if he doesn't do it.

juliagoulia said:
On the parole database, it lists the "offense date" as 07/01/2004. So I'm guessing that was the last order date and it was just for shoes.
Didn't he have separate incidents in July, September, October, November, and December 2004? Was he charged for all five episodes of theft but they only listed the first date? I still assume that when they said 25-30 pairs of shoes that that was the total that he stole over the months. Did they go on Raven's word about how many he stole? Does anyone recall how many auctions he had on e-bay for shoes (if we ever even knew that)?

I'm really confused. The dollar figure and reported amount of merchandise stolen just don't add up. Maybe Raven will sign back in and clear this up for us.

JerseyGirl said:
...... I'm really confused. The dollar figure and reported amount of merchandise stolen just don't add up. Maybe Raven will sign back in and clear this up for us.
Yeah, maybe he will!
8.gif

JerseyGirl said:

(08/23/05 -- HILLSBOROUGH) - The widower of a murdered Durham woman spoke publicly for the first time Tuesday.

Raven Abaroa's comments came after he pleaded guilty to five counts embezzlement in Orange County.

He ordered between 25 and 30 pairs of shoes from his former employer, Sports Endeavors, late last year.( ...my thinking....but we know the charges began in july ? august? not what we'd call "LATE last year...) Abaroa, 25, had the merchandise delivered to his Durham home. Valued at about $100 each, he sold the shoes and pocketed the money. Abaroa now has to pay the company the $9,600 he made and must return the unsold shoes.

..i think that perhaps he had ordered and sold 25-30 per charge/count.(july, august,september,october,november..)......5 counts X approx. $2000, (selling slightly less than market value ) = approx. $10,000.00 (less shipping.......raven pockets $9600.00----(?) possible explanation ?

lauriej said:
(08/23/05 -- HILLSBOROUGH)i think that perhaps he had ordered and sold 25-30 per charge/count.(july, august,september,october,november..)......5 counts X approx. $2000, (selling slightly less than market value ) = approx. $10,000.00 (less shipping.......raven pockets $9600.00----(?) possible explanation ?
That could be.

August 23, 2006 will mark the end of one year of the two year sentence of probation Raven has to serve for his felony convictions of embezzlement in North Carolina.

The restitution does not seem to be paid up yet, and it doesn't look like the filing fees have been paid back yet. I wonder how long he has to pay those back...

Guess he's not totally free and clear on this yet, but having the bankruptcy behind him will certainly help him catch up.

terminatrixator said:
August 23, 2006 will mark the end of one year of the two year sentence of probation Raven has to serve for his felony convictions of embezzlement in North Carolina.

The restitution does not seem to be paid up yet, and it doesn't look like the filing fees have been paid back yet. I wonder how long he has to pay those back...

Guess he's not totally free and clear on this yet, but having the bankruptcy behind him will certainly help him catch up.
Can they not do something about him not paying the restitution? Seems like he should be made to pay or go to jail?:confused:

caffeinatd said:
Can they not do something about him not paying the restitution? Seems like he should be made to pay or go to jail?:confused:
Seems like he has made some payments and is paying on it. He is not going to be able to get away with not paying it. The money goes directly to Orange County and they must pay back Eurosports.

He just has to embezzle a few more things from his current employer and sell them on e-bay and then he will have the money to pay this off. :crazy:

So, August 23, 2007 is approaching. The Rave's Probation will end. I wonder if he paid off the embezzlement charges yet.

I believe fully that he will embezzle or steal again, and I believe he has it in him to marry someone and do something horrible to whomever is gullible enough to marry him again, even though he is NOT ruled out as a suspect in the MURDER of his wife and unborn child.

This guy repeats and I hope that they get him soon before he hurts anyone else.

What happens if he doesn't pay restitution? Is he in violation of his parole? I hate to think of him getting away with ANYTHING.

If he doesn't have it all paid off I'm sure he would be considered in violation of his parole.

I doubt the fund set up for Kaiden is still there, I bet he wiped that clean prior to filing bankruptcy (there is that Credit Union that was overdrawn!)

We still have no clue why he is not at Canyon Cycles any longer. Did he get fired or did he quit. We don't know what happened at Cellular One, was he fired or if he quit. We also don't know if he has a new job, which I'm thinking not, but until we hear a confirmation of where he's working, who knows.

Who is funding this guy? How is he making money?

I can't believe this guy has gotten away with everything he has and is still out of jail.

If he doesn't have it all paid off I'm sure he would be considered in violation of his parole.

I doubt the fund set up for Kaiden is still there, I bet he wiped that clean prior to filing bankruptcy (there is that Credit Union that was overdrawn!)

We still have no clue why he is not at Canyon Cycles any longer. Did he get fired or did he quit. We don't know what happened at Cellular One, was he fired or if he quit. We also don't know if he has a new job, which I'm thinking not, but until we hear a confirmation of where he's working, who knows.

Who is funding this guy? How is he making money?

I can't believe this guy has gotten away with everything he has and is still out of jail.
I was just going to ask, how do we know he hasn't committed embezzlement again? If he was stealing at Canyon, since we're thinking he was being paid under the table, do you think they'd say anything about him embezzling?
In my gut, I truly believe that his embezzling is not an isolated case.

I'd vote for him doing something unethical at Cellular One, he left that job so quick and I thought I heard he was fired. There was also the Hewlett Packard information posted here, and they had an embezzlement scandal that was kept under the table in which he was promptly out of there, now he's out of Canyon Cycles.

We know he does blow up, and he likes young girls, maybe he hit on a minor, maybe he was skimming again.

I'm not sure about the Insurance either. We've heard nothing either way, maybe he received a windfall of insurance and quit. Maybe he decided he was going to make a career of riding his bike and wanted to work full-time on it.

IMO he's a thief and will steal again, he's a known cheater and will never ever be faithful to any one person, and I believe he is a murderer and believe he has it in him to murder again.

I was just going to ask, how do we know he hasn't committed embezzlement again? If he was stealing at Canyon, since we're thinking he was being paid under the table, do you think they'd say anything about him embezzling?
In my gut, I truly believe that his embezzling is not an isolated case.

..i was just reading over at huff's "histories miseries"..

( and forgive me if this is a re-post, i've been catching up).

http://huffcrimeblog.com/?p=257#comment-31850

"
One Response to “The Murder of Janet Abaroa… New Developments”
  1. sadman Says:
    June 24th, 2007 at 1:36 amraven was cought stealing from his job in utah. he was fired but no charges were filed. raven has worked on and off at canyon bicycles for ten years. i worked with raven for almost 4 years. this info would put him in jail for probation violation. this puts a very sinister light on janet’s murder dont you think. why would he risk stealing large amounts of money still under the spot light……………
............stealing from the only place in the country that would actually employ (such a loser/murderer)..i mean --him ???

.....and, as sadman says----LARGE amounts of money ??

....DID his probabtion officer catch wind of this and do something about it ?

....what HAS the murderous one been doing for money since getting fired in june ??

....raven abaroa---i still wonder---how DO you sleep at night, doesn't the fact that you murdered your wife and un-born child keep you awake ??

1. sadman Says:
    June 24th, 2007 at 1:36 am raven was cought stealing from his job in utah. he was fired but no charges were filed. raven has worked on and off at canyon bicycles for ten years. i worked with raven for almost 4 years. this info would put him in jail for probation violation. this puts a very sinister light on janet’s murder dont you think. why would he risk stealing large amounts of money still under the spot light……………

Basically this person is stating he was caught stealing from Canyon Bicycles!!! This would be a violation of his probation, however unless charges were filed against Raven, whom in my opinion and beliefs is the Murderer of Janet Christiansen and her unborn child, his probation is up!

OMG - this would mean he is getting away with things again!

If he stole from Canyon Bicycles and was fired, he should have been reported and charged filed. Why would they not do this?

I'm disgusted.

I heard he embezzled from Hewlett Packard, not sure why he was fired from Cellular One.....we have the embezzlement from Sports Endeavors.

So who thinks he's going to steal again?

He repeats bad behaviors, so killing again isn't that too far off.

"
  1. sadman Says:
    June 24th, 2007 at 1:36 amraven was cought stealing from his job in utah. he was fired but no charges were filed. raven has worked on and off at canyon bicycles for ten years. i worked with raven for almost 4 years. this info would put him in jail for probation violation. this puts a very sinister light on janet’s murder dont you think. why would he risk stealing large amounts of money still under the spot light……………
Is the person who posted this trying to get at something, I wonder?

The only guess I have is that he's a sociopath and this is just what he does. He's devoid of conscience, remorse and emotions, and therefore will never stop these behaviors.

Sadly, I think that he's gotten away with murder. I pray that I'm wrong but I've completely lost hope.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back