Emmys will edit Kathy Griffin’s offensive speech

It doesn't matter what you tell your kids about drugs- there is always a risk your child will get into them anyway- even the best of kids have ended up dead from drugs.

That is very true Narla. My girlfriend is dealing with this issue right now, not dead, but he has drug problems. :(
I would never say not my kid because that can come back and bite you in the butt. I do know that when dealing with your kids and issues, it is best to keep open communication and stay away from weird over statements like "if you drink you will be an alcoholic". We all have choices to make concerning our health. I don't know anybody who does all the right things.

I agree that there is always a risk that any kid can end up with a drug problem. I don"t think there is a one size fits all profile of kids that are at risk. I think all kids are at risk.
But I disgaree that it doesn't matter what you tell them. I think what you tell them is very important. Doesn't mean they will listen or do what we say. But it is still important to continually guide them in the right direction.
Eventually, what you say will sink in, even if it is when they are adults.
JMHO of course.

That's right Jbean.

I maybe should have worded my post more carefully- hopefully what you've told them and how you have brought them up, physically and emotionally will hold them in good stead, hopefully they are strong enough to not fall for peer group pressure etc.

I've known kids that were really anti drugs in their early teens, only to get into drugs a bit later on, anyone else found that?
I'm hoping mine isnt over the top anti drugs for that reason, Ive seen it happen quite a few times.
As it stands at age 9, he thinks drugs are for losers- how right is he?

That is very true Narla. My girlfriend is dealing with this issue right now, not dead, but he has drug problems. :(
I would never say not my kid because that can come back and bite you in the butt. I do know that when dealing with your kids and issues, it is best to keep open communication and stay away from weird over statements like "if you drink you will be an alcoholic". We all have choices to make concerning our health. I don't know anybody who does all the right things.

Geez, I feel for your girlfriend, that happening is one of my worst fears where my child is concerned....I hope that addict gene wasn't passed on....if there is such a gene....

Very true, no need for the scare tactics, I don't like scare tactics, don't think instilling fear is the way to travel about anything.

She's explaining her Jesus remark,saying she's sick of rappers and others at all these award shows thanking Jesus....as if Jesus or God had anything t do with them winning....and of course she's right--

Wow, I am usually a fan of Kathy's... but I find that SO offensive (even though a lot of other things I totally overlook)!

it's my take also....

you either love her or you hate her pretty much...there's not much 'gray' area w/Kathy, imo, lol......there's another video on youtube that i won't post, but it's a good one, where she talks about being on The Today Show, the same day Ann Coulter was on it griping about the 911 widows.....Kathy had a LOT to say about Ms Coulter, needless to say:cool:

I loved it how after she (Ann) was saying all that nasty stuff about the 911 widows on the show, that Kathy asked Matt Laurer if he was sleeping with Ann Coulter (as a joke - to shock, him, of course - but she used the other word) and he just looked at her and told her, seriously and without missing a beat... "Not anymore."

Mawhahahahahahhahaha!!!!!!

Man, this thread is SO off topic.

I thought it was funny. How often do you get to hear someone say "Suck it, Jesus"?

As many times as God the Father allows it! Jesus will forgive her.

There's only one thing that can be said about Jesus that can't be forgiven.

Well said! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I think the fact that more people aren't offended by some has-been saying what she said about the Lord proves the end times are very close. This would have caused greater outrage not that many years ago. Or maybe that's just how WS is, lol.

I think the later part of your statement is so very true.

The cross you have in your signature, the difference will be, Jesus no longer hangs on it.

In Hell, there will be many in a section hanging on that cross forever and ever who crucified him over and over. Their final judgement will be the very cross they kept him hanging on, never having the mercy towards him he gave to them.

I loved it how after she (Ann) was saying all that nasty stuff about the 911 widows on the show, that Kathy asked Matt Laurer if he was sleeping with Ann Coulter (as a joke - to shock, him, of course - but she used the other word) and he just looked at her and told her, seriously and without missing a beat... "Not anymore."

Mawhahahahahahhahaha!!!!!!

Man, this thread is SO off topic.

lol, yeah....& how Al Roker finally just threw the question cards down on the ground, LOL....

I am a trying to be an ex smoker thanks to Chantix. But before everytime I saw an anti smoking ad I wanted one more than ever. Sick I know...

girl, i had to stop taking it....was doing fine there for the first two weeks or so....some slight nausea, but it got worse by the day...was taking phenergan along with it, hoping it would calm the nausea, but the phenergan made sooooooo sleepy....i just couldn't handle the nausea....i'm eating healthy, & getting good exercise, so if i die of a heat attack, so be it....(i know that sounds really stupid, but.......)

sorry, OT

ET theater protests comic's ribald Emmy rant with ads, petition
By Doug Mason (Contact)
Saturday, September 22, 2007

Tell one Jesus joke and 1 million believers will “Stand up for Christ.”

That’s the message The Miracle Theater in Pigeon Forge hopes to send with its online “Stand up for Christ” petition that was generated following comedian Kathy Griffin’s irreverent Emmy Awards acceptance speech.

more at link below..

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2007/sep/22/et-theater-protests-comics-ribald-emmy-rant-with/

I'm hoping this becomes the "All things Kathy Griffin" thread because this is way off-topic! lol
http://www.therawfeed.com/2007/09/woz-now-engaged-to-kathy-griffin.html

The Hollywood rumor mill is buzzing with speculation that Apple Co-Founder Steve Wozniak and Comedienne Kathy Griffin are now ENGAGED. Exactly what they're engaged in, I don't want to know. "The thing is he doesn't realize," Griffin says, "is that I am the brains of the operation and he is like some dumb bimbo that I picked up!" (little more at link w/pics of the two)

What a change from her last hubby!​

ET theater protests comic's ribald Emmy rant with ads, petition
By Doug Mason (Contact)
Saturday, September 22, 2007

Tell one Jesus joke and 1 million believers will “Stand up for Christ.”

That’s the message The Miracle Theater in Pigeon Forge hopes to send with its online “Stand up for Christ” petition that was generated following comedian Kathy Griffin’s irreverent Emmy Awards acceptance speech.

more at link below..

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2007/sep/22/et-theater-protests-comics-ribald-emmy-rant-with/

Miracle Theater spent $170K for its print ads? Money that might have been put to good use. I don't know what Bible they're reading, but the Jesus in my Bible is appalled!

(The on-line petition is a different matter, in my view.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back