Emotional Toll

I agree, Trixie. It's hard to figure what makes AB tick.

And then there's her bio-mom....she thought she might find her daughter, but not the way Zahra was when she found her. Oh, how she must be aching, too. So close, but so far away. And in that horrible situation with her daughter in the same house with EB....

Adam married that harridan, agreed to accompany her back to the US with his daughter, who did not want to leave her grandmother & her home & her hometown & her friends & her doctor & her free medical benefits which were so very necessary for her health and proper physical stature due to her growing out of her prosthesis probably yearly or more frequently due to her age, etc., etc., etc. Surely, Shirley, he knew what a b**ch (IMO) she was -- but she may have been weaving her spider's web around him...

And if he was the same father in Oz that he was here in the US, little Zahra wouldn't have been missing very much if he went without her -- he probably worked long hard hours there, too. Why didn't he go to the US without her, checked things out and sent for her. Or not. Then, if he found that he was in a bad situation, going back to his daughter would have been a great excuse to get out of the whole deal.

Anyway, I don't know if EB just charmed or scared him to death, but something apparently kept him from checking on his only child. Maybe he thought it was her role as the woman of the house -- unless he just did not give a dayam about her -- forget about taking her out for a walk or out for a hamburger, just the two of them; or taking her to see a doctor when she had those black eyes, or when it was noticeable that she needed a new leg. Ohhh, it just makes me wanna holler when I think about it. Anyway, he may not have had a hand in the actual murder or the dismemberment, etc., but he put her in harm's way, putting it mildly, and allowed it to happen by simply ignoring it. (All JMHO.)

Why isn't that negligence of some sort that would be recognized by law??? Grrrrrrrrrrr. :furious:

I could go on & on, as so many of us have & want to......

end of mini-rant

:rant:

Maybe I just didn't find it, but I was disappointed with the media for not publishing a Memorial Tribute to Zahra on the first anniversary of her death, Septeber 24, 2011.

Maybe I just didn't find it, but I was disappointed with the media for not publishing a Memorial Tribute to Zahra on the first anniversary of her death, Septeber 24, 2011.

I think I saw one in an AU publication, but can't find it now?

I do know that this child is forever etched in my heart. Kinda wish I worked in media. :(

Watching the fall memorial garden I planted for Zahra last year come into it's first bloom. At the same time, I'm scouring google earth while LE searches for yet another missing child.

My heart, and my soul, needs for all this to just STOP.

I thought I might find you checking in here today MK

:hug: and I'll second that emotion

I agree, Trixie. It's hard to figure what makes AB tick.

And then there's her bio-mom....she thought she might find her daughter, but not the way Zahra was when she found her. Oh, how she must be aching, too. So close, but so far away. And in that horrible situation with her daughter in the same house with EB....

Adam married that harridan, agreed to accompany her back to the US with his daughter, who did not want to leave her grandmother & her home & her hometown & her friends & her doctor & her free medical benefits which were so very necessary for her health and proper physical stature due to her growing out of her prosthesis probably yearly or more frequently due to her age, etc., etc., etc. Surely, Shirley, he knew what a b**ch (IMO) she was -- but she may have been weaving her spider's web around him...

And if he was the same father in Oz that he was here in the US, little Zahra wouldn't have been missing very much if he went without her -- he probably worked long hard hours there, too. Why didn't he go to the US without her, checked things out and sent for her. Or not. Then, if he found that he was in a bad situation, going back to his daughter would have been a great excuse to get out of the whole deal.

Anyway, I don't know if EB just charmed or scared him to death, but something apparently kept him from checking on his only child. Maybe he thought it was her role as the woman of the house -- unless he just did not give a dayam about her -- forget about taking her out for a walk or out for a hamburger, just the two of them; or taking her to see a doctor when she had those black eyes, or when it was noticeable that she needed a new leg. Ohhh, it just makes me wanna holler when I think about it. Anyway, he may not have had a hand in the actual murder or the dismemberment, etc., but he put her in harm's way, putting it mildly, and allowed it to happen by simply ignoring it. (All JMHO.)

Why isn't that negligence of some sort that would be recognized by law??? Grrrrrrrrrrr. :furious:

I could go on & on, as so many of us have & want to......

end of mini-rant

:rant:

BBM:

Can't even explain how I feel about this, so I'll just say here what I said on Shaniya's thread.

Your baby girl, AB. Your baby girl. :(

:hug: for you Oriah. Our little Angel baby Shaniya will have her justice. I must believe that.

As to our little Aussie gal, Zahra, I must take heart in the fact that she is far from harm and EB's evil. She is running, laughing and playing in a far far better place than this now.

Has there been any news of Charges against Adam Baker yet? I don't think he was involved in any way, but the way in which he and his family treated Emily makes me feel ill. And the way in which he ignored his daughter doesn't make me feel very well either.

Has there been any news of Charges against Adam Baker yet? I don't think he was involved in any way, but the way in which he and his family treated Emily makes me feel ill. And the way in which he ignored his daughter doesn't make me feel very well either.

Not in relation to Zahra. I suppose it would matter what the definition of involvement is. Personally I find it unbelievable Zahra could be mutilated in the manner in which she was while AB was just blissfully ignorant. I find it unbelievable he believed his daughter was ill and went without physical interaction for two weeks. I find it unbelievable that he could or would tolerate the known abuse of the daughter he was supposed to protect. So in my estimation and opinion I believe Adam Baker to be more responsible for the death of Zahra than Elisa.

At the absolute least he is guilty of implementing fraudulent means of obtaining a passport for Zahra and I pray to heavens Oz holds him accountable. To state he makes it more difficult for all other parents who legally move their children abroad is putting it mildly. He needs to be held responsible for that alone. There have been very few cases I have followed in which the parents have incurred every bit of my wrath. This is one of them. Normally I am able to compartmentalize but I have to admit I hate AB & EB with a seething and scary passion.

It's so hard coming here. :( To my bright little spark: Happy early birthday. I think about you everyday when I look at my daughter. You may not know this but you've helped me be a better mother. You taught me how truly lucky I was to have a daughter to hold in my arms. I wish I could have met you - if only once - to see how your smile must have lit the room. I pray to my parents all the time to look over you and all the others. I know you're dancing with the angels now, sweetness, but know your presence on this earth was felt. You will be remembered for always. You mattered. You matter still.

Zahra was rather special, wasn't she.

I can't blame Adam more than Elisa, or even as much, but I do hold him partly responsible for abdicating his care of his child.

I meant the charges unrelated because I am not sure that he was entirely responsible for those, and I just want to know.

As for removing Zahra from Australia illegally, I want to know about that too. Right from the beginning he treated that poor child's mother with utter contempt, but was more than happy to take her Child Support. In fact I am convinced that this is the only reason for why he took Zahra to America, although Elisa was probably instrumental in that. It will have been seen as Income by her. So let's hope Australia busts his arse.

This case has broken my heart like no other. Zahra was so courageous, so optimistic and had overcome so much in her short life. In the end, she couldn't overcome the evil of EB or the neglect and stupidity of AB. I will never be convinced AB didn't know what was going on, and it continues to make me see red that he hasn't been charged. No way he missed the signs of physcial abuse. No way he didn't understand why CPS was investigating. No way he went two weeks without seeing his child and thought nothing of it. No way there was a dismemberment in his home that left no tell tale signs. No way he made that hinky 911 and went along with the bogus ransom note innocently. No way he should be walking around free. All MOO.

BBM:

Can't even explain how I feel about this, so I'll just say here what I said on Shaniya's thread.

Your baby girl, AB. Your baby girl. :(

Why does that simple sentence mean so much to some of us and to others I believe not so much? I imagine AB looking slightly uncomfortable if we could say that to his face, which is a far shot from the emotionless eyes I imagine we would see on Shaniya's female parent.

Thankfully our girls are now in a place of happiness and pure love, far removed from any pain.

:grouphug: to everyone that let these girls into their hearts.

Why does that simple sentence mean so much to some of us and to others I believe not so much? I imagine AB looking slightly uncomfortable if we could say that to his face, which is a far shot from the emotionless eyes I imagine we would see on Shaniya's female parent.

Thankfully our girls are now in a place of happiness and pure love, far removed from any pain.

:grouphug: to everyone that let these girls into their hearts.

I don't know, LCoastMom. I don't know.
I do know that I'd willingly look him in the eye, and say it again. I think we all would.
And yes- thank god our girls are now safe, and free.
I don't know about ya'll... but I am in serious need of the evil in this world to stop.

Why on earth would someone take a child, and decide it was up to them to take their life?
Why? Why? Why?

I hope Emily is ok.

Need to get this off my chest. I am not sad today, but I am MAD at the DA for taking a plea deal regarding Adam's 2 felonies.

Adam Baker was in my hometown where I grew up going to Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, where we were taught right from wrong, where our parents protected us, where I got a good education in public schools.

Yet, this SOB was (and KNEW he was) illegally in our country. He CONFESSED to smoking more pot that seeing his daughter. He did NOT protect his daughter. He wrote bad checks against US businesses and got free food (probably beer). He defrauded Duke Power and stole the idenity of another. He lived off the sale of illegal pills (I would stake big bucks he knew where the money was coming from). He spent untold amounts of money on tatoos and didn't provide for his child. Point blank he neglected her.

And yet, the DA has agreed to a plea deal. Is that because the DA doesn't have enough brains to take it to trial or he is afraid he might lose and his political career go down? Could it be because Catawba County doesn't want to spend the money on a trial?

Whatever the reason, I am ashamed of my hometown for not upholding justice.

Let it out, Hickoryborn -- I know you are mad, mad, mad, frustrated, and you would at least like the opportunity, as I would, to see AB face-to-face and slap the smile off his ignorant, cold, uncaring, idiotic (all IMO) mug.

If the DA's office there is as money-tight as ours here in Raleigh/Wake County (big budget cuts), the DA may have just had to prioritize as to where the $$ is spent, time/pay to asst. DAs & county investigators, detectives, etc., etc., he may have put AB on the "cut" list. I don't know. It galls me, too.

And, worse, to not include AB in the murder -- any part of it to include looking the other way or not paying attention to whatever signals ZB may have been trying to send him, indifference, or his fear of EB -- is the biggest of all violations of human rights. But I must stop, or I'll rant another mile's worth.

Let us be content with his azz getting out of our country ASAP and his probable shunning and ill-will back in his own country. OZ is the biggest loser here -- they lost a wonderful and exemplary young citizen in Zahra. And her family -- those who truly loved and cared for her -- will never see her again -- they will be stuck with a worthless excuse for a father and citizen...
icon8.gif
:: :maddening:

Just needed a hug. These plea deals are killing me :maddening:

They'll not escape Karma.

Here's a hug from me, 'soul -- we all could use one, you are right to be mad & fretting...

(((NoeticSoul)))

And you're right again -- they will not elude or escape Karma -- no one ever does.
icon8.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonleblanc061975@gmail.
Back