Erased?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You won't believe HOW MANY effects domestic violence can have upon a battered spouse. IMO, no one knows until they've walked in those shoes.

One of the most important sentences in this page linked below, imo, is

"Most battered women take active steps to protect their children, even if they do not leave their batterer"

Please understand the reason Nancy was staying with her husband was she was trying to protect her children. He had taken the children's passports so she could NOT leave, imo.

Nancy was trapped and NOW ERASED

JMHO
fran

Effects of Domestic Violence

http://www.findcounseling.com/journal/domestic-violence/domestic-violence-effects.html

Speaking of being erased, I get the feeling this is precisely what little Caylee's mom has done to her. Horrific.

Another example.

Sound familiar?

fran

What's weird is that I just finished that book about
New Amsterdam again.

Oh, Hi bob! Didn't see ya here.

So, what did you think of the book? Pretty scary for a woman when she tries to escape an abusive relationship, huh? Of course, many people just don't get that at the time the woman decides to take her life back and run, it's the most dangerous time for her. It's during the impending separation period a woman takes the risk of being ERASED!

Such a sad situation. So much goes on behind closed doors, often times no one believes the spouse crying wolfe!:(

Take this case for instance. Because Nancy had never called LE, there was no official document of domestic violence, Nancy was STILL with her alleged abuser, many people just don't believe what she told her friends. That's just it, this is a crime that occurs behind closed doors and NO ONE KNOWS BUT THE TWO INVOLVED, quite often.

LOL, without mentioning any names :crazy:, one case we watched, the family was positive their missing loved one was in a very loving and caring relationship. They just were NOT aware of the 'secret life' of the surviving spouse until it was TOO LATE!

Heartbreaking,

fran

Speaking of being erased, I get the feeling this is precisely what little Caylee's mom has done to her. Horrific.

:eek:fftopic:

Well, you did hear the latest, right? She 'feels she's close to home and ok.'

{spooky}
fran

Some women just don't get out quick enough and end up ERASED

According to this study, the increase in women victims vs male victims has risen dramatically since the 1970's. This isn't a new phenomina. This, IMHO, has been going on forever. I'm just wondering if it's not because these cases are being more publicized, LE is tuning in more, there just aren't as many GETTING AWAY WITH MURDER?

Interesting link.

JMHO
fran

http://www.helpstartshere.org/Default.aspx?PageID=1248#facts

Family Safety Current Trends - About Domestic Homicide and Murder-Suicide

.................snip........................

According to the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reports, 1,055 women and 287 men were murdered by their intimate partners in 2005. These figures are striking, because in the past, in the 1970s and earlier, the numbers of men and women so victimized were about even. In other words, there has been a significant decline in the numbers of men killed by their partners but not for women.

The number of men who were murdered by intimates dropped by 75% between 1976 and 2005 (BJS). The number of black females murdered in this time has declined but the number of white females murdered has dropped only by 6%. Statistics Canada (1998, 2005), similarly, reveals a sharp decline in the numbers of male domestic homicide victims but not of female victims of homicide.

The reason that women are resorting less to murder of their partners is most likely because many of these women were battered women who felt trapped in a dangerous situation. Today, the presence of violence prevention programming and the availability of shelters are paving the way to other options. The fact that domestic violence services apparently are saving the lives of more men than women is a positive, though unintended consequence of the women’s shelter movement (see van Wormer and Bartollas, 2007).

Perhaps this should be a MUST READ for husbands who intend to ERASE
their wife, rather than seek a divorce. May increase the divorce rate a bit, but at the same time, it may cut back on homicide detective hours. :rolleyes:

JMHO

fran

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/spousfac.pdf

Husbands convicted more often than wives for spouse murder

Interesting, Google must be doing their listings in a 'politically correct' manner or something. I search under 'husbands who murder their spouse,' and of the first 10 hits displayed, 1/2 of them are about 'wives' murdering their spouse. :eek:

Interesting.

Oh, I'm NOT saying females don't try to ERASE their husband. But that wasn't what I was looking for.:confused:

I wanted studies and such.

JMHO
fran

That's creepy Fran. It looked like the majority of them were about women who murder their husbands and then there was the battered husband link at the bottom of the first page. What's that about???

try searcing using this. it seems more on target but ita the other results seem odd.

statistics crimes against women husband

This is a very interesting theory. Thanks for posting it.

It seems like these women were all well-liked by friends and family and did well in their careers or hobbies; whereas the men were not as successful and kind of overshadowed, causing some jealousy, I believe.

Did the author get into this part of their behaviour or explain it in any way?

Just wondering.

No kidding. It seems like 98% of these types of cases are committed by the husband (or BF if the woman was single).

I was following that case and left to make dinner, came back and they'd id'd her body and arrested the hubby.

They worked fast on that one, that's for sure!

Seems NY has had a string of 'missing' wives lately. :(

JMHO
fran

I guess because he ended up confessing - gotta give him a little credit for that. but only the teensiest bit. Still it is a touch less cowardly than our friend, BC.

I guess because he ended up confessing - gotta give him a little credit for that. but only the teensiest bit. Still it is a touch less cowardly than our friend, BC.

Oh, but don't you know his 'new attorney' is planning to have it thrown out because he confessed after being interrogated for several hours and he was sleep deprived.

IMO, if he had not been so busy murdering his wife, doing his wash and running errands, going to McDonalds and then taking and dumping his wife's nude body along the road like a piece of trash, taking his car and flatening the tire and walking two miles home and THEN going back to the location of the car and making a bogus cell call with his WIFE'S phone and then whining on tv that he'd let them have his cars for his {sniff, sniff,} wife back, he might have had time for a few HOURS of sleep.

What a fool.:furious:

JMHO
fran

PS.......he did put up posters though,...........of his wife in her wedding dress?:rolleyes:

Oh, but don't you know his 'new attorney' is planning to have it thrown out because he confessed after being interrogated for several hours and he was sleep deprived.

IMO, if he had not been so busy murdering his wife, doing his wash and running errands, going to McDonalds and then taking and dumping his wife's nude body along the road like a piece of trash, taking his car and flatening the tire and walking two miles home and THEN going back to the location of the car and making a bogus cell call with his WIFE'S phone and then whining on tv that he'd let them have his cars for his {sniff, sniff,} wife back, he might have had time for a few HOURS of sleep.

What a fool.:furious:

JMHO
fran

PS.......he did put up posters though,...........of his wife in her wedding dress?:rolleyes:

Ok...I rescind my statement - he and BC should be best friends...maybe they could be PEN-PALS get it?

Reviving this old thread....see that there's been some great discussion about the specific type of abuser who seeks to "erase" his partner. At worst, these cases end in murder, but many do not. The Holly Collins case, where her ex used bogus parental alienation theories as a way to try to "erase" her from the lives of her children is a good example of how these cases often go as well. Just wanted to let you know that the Collins case has been made into a documentary "No Way Out But One." It's currently in post-production but look for it soon at a film festival near you. It's estimated that 58000 children are entered into unsupervised contact with abusers each year....including Holly's and my own. And it's going to keep happening until enough people say "Enough!" and push for reforms. I've started a resource thread and discussion thread for protective parents in the General Discussion area.

October is Domestic Violence Prevention Month. Get the word out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member