Estate of Rebecca Zahau et al v. Shacknai et al

Also, just because the Zahau complaint has been dismissed for missing a deadline does NOT mean the Judge thought there was no *actionable cause* on part of the Zahaus. The Judge dismissed the complaint *without prejudice* which means he DID see the case as *legitimate* and that he is allowing the Zahaus to re-file another complaint. He just wants the Zahau lawyers to follow the court guidelines.

Again, the Judge dismissed the Zahau complaint *without prejudice*. (He did NOT dismiss it *with prejudice* which would mean the case was un-actionable).

[modsnip].

I don't know if the Z family can refile the suit. I hope so, but if they can't they do have the option of opening the files to the court of public opinion. In doing so they can show the world what really happened to Rebecca. If those documents are made public the sham of the investigation, the ME decision and everything since then will be transparent. I imagine there are quite a few investigative journalists who would love to see the files.

Imagine if anyone could google Rebecca's name and see the proof that law enforcement and the medical examiner's office failed her and allowed her killers to be free. For many of us who have studied this case that is obvious, to others who have not and people who are skeptical, those files will prove it. That would be justice too IMHO.

Well, this latest news is disheartening. I would hope in the least it means they can still file a suit. I think they could also possibly file at the State level. Although I'm not at all sure how that works concerning the original 2 year statue. And, maybe something more is going behind the scenes. I want to give the lawyers the benefit of the doubt, but who knows.

Well, this latest news is disheartening. I would hope in the least it means they can still file a suit. I think they could also possibly file at the State level. Although I'm not at all sure how that works concerning the original 2 year statue. And, maybe something more is going behind the scenes. I want to give the lawyers the benefit of the doubt, but who knows.

I believe since the Zahaus had filed the WDS prior to the statute of limitations, they will be allowed to refile. They did nothing wrong except their lawyers missed one deadline. It's "court etiquette" aka court protocol.

The Zahau lawyers need to get their act together or if they're unable to fulfill their professional duties, they should admit it to the Zahaus now and the Zahaus should request their moneys back and proceed with new attorneys.

<Mod Snip>

When in doubt, please consider asking the source before suggesting any other highly speculative reasons and inadvertently starting yet another round of wild, and at least in the latter case, extremely risky accusations being posted (i.e. Mr. King was likely silenced with a cease-and-desist and the Zahau attorneys were likely bribed).

I asked Mr, King about it; and, according to him, he's been struggling with a lengthy recovery and suffering from complications related to a broken arm; which prevent him from spending enough time researching the case and finishing his story.

I do agree, however, that at least on the surface it does seem odd that he's still been releasing other stories in the meantime; unless those were already written or he had already completed his research of those cases before breaking his arm. Waiting for the ongoing litigation to end would also make sense.

When in doubt, please consider asking the source before suggesting any other highly speculative reasons and inadvertently starting yet another round of wild, and at least in the latter case, extremely risky accusations being posted (i.e. Mr. King was likely silenced with a cease-and-desist and the Zahau attorneys were likely bribed).

I asked Mr, King about it; and, according to him, he's been struggling with a lengthy recovery and suffering from complications related to a broken arm; which prevent him from spending enough time researching the case and finishing his story.

I do agree, however, that at least on the surface it does seem odd that he's still been releasing other stories in the meantime; unless those were already written or he had already completed his research of those cases before breaking his arm. Waiting for the ongoing litigation to end would also make sense.

BBM. Good points. Mr. King has not slandered anyone. There would be no need to bribe the attorneys. I think the Zahau attorneys realize without being bribed that they can't invent their own version of facts.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back