Evelyn Wanek

My mind may be going, but I think that we ruled out a different woman with the same name who lived in North Dakota. This one lives on the central coast of California and was raised in Southern California. I know that I have not contacted this woman but I have a way to contact her.

Give me between friday and two weeks for the break. I will look into this doogie.

Thanks! I think that this Wanek's birthday is March 1967, but there is another Wanek (same first name) with a September 1967 birthday who has lived in California (along with many other addresses). With this second Wanek, it may be a married name - she also uses the last name of "Moon".

She was ruled out. I don't remember why, but she was.... Doogie you ought to know I am the nit picky about the nit pickiest, lol. She was.... I will look over my the holiday break. I vaguelly remember she was married to someone or something like that....

Did anyone ever do an family tree on Evelyn and see about adoptee's that way?

C'

Cubby, good for you, you're memory is good! I cannot recall the details of this woman however I do recall her photo and seeing her on the web but without age related issues affecting memory, I can't remember why she was ruled out. Did someone contact her? She definitely resembles Anna and think we should go forward in contacting her again just to confirm for ourselves. Her bdate is close enuff to make one wonder.

Here we go again, such a coincidence to Annasmom as a musician.
I found a L.W. a violinist and member of Vintage Strings, she is in San Diego.

Attached is her photo

A founding member of Vintage Strings, L.W. completed her BA in Music from San Diego State University. While there, she studied with internationally known violinist M.G. Currently she is studying with H.C., concertmaster of the San Diego Symphony. Besides playing with Vintage Strings, L.W plays for local musical theater groups and orchestras. She has performed with members of the San Diego Symphony and other free lance groups in San Diego and Santa Barbara counties.

Attachments

• laurawanek.jpg
    laurawanek.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 54
I looked into this woman awhile ago, but cannot recall why I stopped. I do not believe that she has been ruled out.

Tracy%20Wanek.jpg
http://slocea.org/Tracy Wanek.jpg

Does she look close enough to follow up on?

Is there any other photo's of this lady? It looks to me like she has blue eyes. But that could just be my bad eye sight.

Here we go again, such a coincidence to Annasmom as a musician.
I found a L.W. a violinist and member of Vintage Strings, she is in San Diego.

Attached is her photo

A founding member of Vintage Strings, L.W. completed her BA in Music from San Diego State University. While there, she studied with internationally known violinist Michael Gaisler. Currently she is studying with Hernan Constantino, concertmaster of the San Diego Symphony. Besides playing with Vintage Strings, L plays for local musical theater groups and orchestras. She has performed with members of the San Diego Symphony and other free lance groups in San Diego and Santa Barbara counties.
I googled her and found other pictures, but couldn't get them large enough to tell too much. She has light brown curly hair. The group was only formed last year, so they are all fairly young.

Just a quick note: Both of Anna's brothers are also musicians. Nonda is a respected drummer/percussionist and Ed is a former high school music teacher and primo pianist.

Is there any other photo's of this lady? It looks to me like she has blue eyes. But that could just be my bad eye sight.

Her eyes look blue to me too. I wondering if that is why we ruled her out a few years ago.

I googled her and found other pictures, but couldn't get them large enough to tell too much. She has light brown curly hair. The group was only formed last year, so they are all fairly young.

I found some additional info. I'd like another set of eyes to look.....

Google images - name in quotes. I found a picture of her as a violin teacher but because she is with her student, a child, in the picture I am hesitant to add a link. ( I am not able to crop it to post just her picture) This one can be zoomed in.... My initial impression is no, her chin is too square and shorter(?) than Anna's in the most recent age progressed. If anyone has trouble locating the picture pm me and I will send a link. I think she looks like she has a hint of Asian? .... hard to tell.

Age is close to correct, currently listed at 39.

Middle name is the same as an alternative Margaret Kukoda used....

Thanks! I think that this Wanek's birthday is March 1967, but there is another Wanek (same first name) with a September 1967 birthday who has lived in California (along with many other addresses). With this second Wanek, it may be a married name - she also uses the last name of "Moon".

Working on this now.

I found a post from way back discussing this: Her parents were divorced in 1968...... a little discussion starting from this post.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Seaching for Anna, Part 2

IIRC, her eyes really looked blue. I remember you sent the link to the picture out via PM to those who requested it Doogie, rather than posting it on the forum.

I have not looked at veromi again, but will shortly. I think it may be possible her parents still appear to be living together as possible relatives if they both have some kind of public record documentation listing them as parents, even if they no longer reside together.

I don't know if I have mentioned it on this forum or not, but I recently became familiar with another search site, called integrascan.com While it is for background checks, it gives full possible address listings as part of the information provided to searchers to verify the correct person one is searching.

I'll do a cross check and update when I can... sneaking a bit of sleuthing in here and there today.

I found some additional info. I'd like another set of eyes to look.....

Google images - name in quotes. I found a picture of her as a violin teacher but because she is with her student, a child, in the picture I am hesitant to add a link. ( I am not able to crop it to post just her picture) This one can be zoomed in.... My initial impression is no, her chin is too square and shorter(?) than Anna's in the most recent age progressed. If anyone has trouble locating the picture pm me and I will send a link. I think she looks like she has a hint of Asian? .... hard to tell.

Age is close to correct, currently listed at 39.

Middle name is the same as an alternative Margaret Kukoda used....

I did a side by side of this lady and Anna's latest AP pic and I think there is enough of a resemblance the we need to make sure before ruling her out.

I agree that this lady's jaw does look more square but sometime the angle that a photo is taken on can alter the shape of someone's face.

I did a side by side of this lady and Anna's latest AP pic and I think there is enough of a resemblance the we need to make sure before ruling her out.

I agree that this lady's jaw does look more square but sometime the angle that a photo is taken on can alter the shape of someone's face.

Ok, well oddly enuff, this photo is smack on to me. If you take Anna's photo of her coming out of the outhouse with her white sweater on, put it beside this photo, the resemblance is remarkable.

Her jaw line is indeed square but who's to say Anna's jaw wouldn't be? I know the age progression photo of Anna displays a narrow face however, I think she should be looked into as well. I cannot verify if her eyes are blue or brown.

Attachments

• 5yearsanna.jpg
    5yearsanna.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 118
Ok, well oddly enuff, this photo is smack on to me. If you take Anna's photo of her coming out of the outhouse with her white sweater on, put it beside this photo, the resemblance is remarkable.

Her jaw line is indeed square but who's to say Anna's jaw wouldn't be? I know the age progression photo of Anna displays a narrow face however, I think she should be looked into as well. I cannot verify if her eyes are blue or brown.

I was able to zoom in on the photo raf linked ( but I was able to zoom from the cached google images link, not rafs link as provided). Same one I found... The eyes are clearly a light brown with kind of a hazelish tint but definately light brown. IIRC, Annasmom recently posted Anna had light brown eyes when asked to describe the color brown.

I also agree it was difficult to tell based on the photo angle which is why I asked for more eyes. :)

ETA: I think the violin teacher looks petite and thin.... she looks 'smaller than average' in the chair based on the chair size. Compared to the chairs at the table, the one she is sitting in does not look oversized. jmo for additional thoughts....

I agree we need to look further. Can anyone tell if she is related to the Evelyn Wanek GW knew? If there is no direct link to this Wanek and Evelyn, I think we can safely rule her out. Thoughts?

ETA again: I also think there is something distinctive about the violin teachers eyes, if anyone can pull up the photo and zoom closer..... what are your thoughts about her eyes compared to Anna's eyes? For me there is enough of a resemblence there too, but it is hard to tell....

I was able to zoom in on the photo raf linked ( but I was able to zoom from the cached google images link, not rafs link as provided). Same one I found... The eyes are clearly a light brown with kind of a hazelish tint but definately light brown. IIRC, Annasmom recently posted Anna had light brown eyes when asked to describe the color brown.

I also agree it was difficult to tell based on the photo angle which is why I asked for more eyes. :)

ETA: I think the violin teacher looks petite and thin.... she looks 'smaller than average' in the chair based on the chair size. Compared to the chairs at the table, the one she is sitting in does not look oversized. jmo for additional thoughts....

I agree we need to look further. Can anyone tell if she is related to the Evelyn Wanek GW knew? If there is no direct link to this Wanek and Evelyn, I think we can safely rule her out. Thoughts?

ETA again: I also think there is something distinctive about the violin teachers eyes, if anyone can pull up the photo and zoom closer..... what are your thoughts about her eyes compared to Anna's eyes? For me there is enough of a resemblence there too, but it is hard to tell....

Uhmm.. I agree with you Cubby. Where did this photo originate from? I found this:
L.W.
City: Encinitas CA- United States of America
Offering: Private Lessons, Performing, Special Events, Recording
Lessons: violin, piano
Music: classical, celtic, fiddle

http://www.privatelessons.com/daypoint/media/editsnapshot.asp?mode=view&showmail=true&userid=5156

Uhmm.. I agree with you Cubby. Where did this photo originate from? I found this:
L.W.
City: Encinitas CA- United States of America
Offering: Private Lessons, Performing, Special Events, Recording
Lessons: violin, piano
Music: classical, celtic, fiddle

http://www.privatelessons.com/daypoint/media/editsnapshot.asp?mode=view&showmail=true&userid=5156
The first time I looked at this photo, I didn't think I saw much resemblance, but now that I've printed it out and looked more closely, I think it really justified more research. Anna resembled her father more than she did me, and this woman has the rather small chin, the brown (I think) eyes, the sandy-colored hair.

The first time I looked at this photo, I didn't think I saw much resemblance, but now that I've printed it out and looked more closely, I think it really justified more research. Anna resembled her father more than she did me, and this woman has the rather small chin, the brown (I think) eyes, the sandy-colored hair.

The hair is highlighted, but the natural color still, imo, looks like the dark blonde, or a brown color which is the normal change from a blonde child to a darker haired adult.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back