EVIDENCE - Pro and Con #2

What's the evidence of kidnapping that the State has on TM??

SS was called by the state to testify. He told the jury he and Elvis went on a date on Dec. 17, 2013, that included dinner at Banditos restaurant in Myrtle Beach, some time spent teaching her to drive a stick shift vehicle in an empty mall parking lot and watching a movie at his mother's house, where he was staying.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/32270...ipt-shows-sidney-moorer-bought-pregnancy-test

This was the first time I heard that they ate at Banditos. That's literally right next door to the timeshare I've gone to for over 30 years. In fact, ever since it opened, I stand on our balcony and watch their outside patio, listening to their live bands. I will really think about Heather even more than usual when we go there in a few weeks. :sigh:

All this talk about Wal-Mart got me wondering . . . why that Wal-Mart? The one in Surfside is about 4 miles closer to their house. So if he was going out to get a pregnancy test for his wife in the middle of the night, why would he drive farther than necessary? Come to think of it, why would he need to buy a pregnancy test for his wife in the middle of the night at all? Why couldn't it wait until the next morning? Or are we now believing the story that he was out working that night?

If SM left Sticky Fingers (Coastal Grand Parking Lot near Dillard's) he could turn onto Seaboard and go directly to WalMart, then get right back on Seaboard to make the payphone call (opposite direction of his house).

I was reading about old cases being solved by new technology. Maybe this is why they are not going forward with murder charges. They are waiting for technology improvements to apply to recovered evidence like a charred bone fragment.

I've been thinking about the BiLo receipt and think it might be for the potstickers and OJ

Somebody just posted a link to the search warrants on the crazy person FB case page. The detective mentions seeing the surveillance system in the 12/23/13 warrant--didn't know it had been publicized previous to the trial. It's the last page of the warrant, so scroll down.

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...-11e4-bbb1-0ba7102bbae2/55256701538b6.pdf.pdf

Thanks for sharing but at trial didn't it come out that they replaced the whole home surveillance system on 12/21. I remember the state bringing up the fact that that system before it was replaced would have been a critical piece of evidence against SM and TM but has not been recovered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing but at trial didn't it come out that they replaced the whole home surveillance system on 12/21. I remember the state bringing up the fact that that system before it was replaced would have been a critical piece of evidence against SM and TM but has not been recovered.

Yes, but the warrant was drawn up after their visit on the 20th and seen the surveillance system.

Yes, but the warrant was drawn up after their visit on the 20th and seen the surveillance system.

Interesting- than why pull the young friend of one of the M's children onto the stand to testify that they had a different system and in fact changed the whole configuration of that room? Seems strange but appreciate your insight.

Interesting- than why pull the young friend of one of the M's children onto the stand to testify that they had a different system and in fact changed the whole configuration of that room? Seems strange but appreciate your insight.

My guess is when the police examined the DVR, they realized it was brand new and that the Moorers had tried to scam them. Or the police could have used their Sam's Club card to get a printout of their purchases and found it there.

I have a question- does anyone know if it is true (based on the initial missing persons announcement) if HE was in fact hospitalized the day of her disappearance? This has always bothered me and I have tried going back to read but w/no luck. Would appreciate any guidance.

Detectives verified it was a different HE that had been hospitalized. People still speculated it was our HE, especially once the pregnancy rumors were spread. However, they also found a McDonald's receipt in HE's car for the time during the hospital visit. This caused me to believe it truly was a different HE. JMO, MOO, etc.

It was definitely a different Heather Elvis. The HE who went to the hospital that day is the niece of a friend of mine, not the missing Heather Rachelle Elvis.

It was definitely a different Heather Elvis. The HE who went to the hospital that day is the niece of a friend of mine, not the missing Heather Rachelle Elvis.

Thank you both for sharing. I appreciate it. I'm just catching up on this case- watched all the days of SM's trial but missed all the WS conversations. What a case- I really hope more physical evidence is found and HE could be laid to rest, if in fact she is deceased. So beautiful young and full life ahead of her.
Thanks again!

From the search warrant (last page) BBM:

Upon Horry County Detectives being at the residence of 8786 Hwy 814 during the initial investigation, it was noticed that the residence has video surveillance. During that time it was brought to there attention that the actual recording devise is at the residence of 8786 Hwy 814. The video surveillance could be instrumental in finding the where-a-bouts of the victim.

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...-11e4-bbb1-0ba7102bbae2/55256701538b6.pdf.pdf

IMO, it is obvious the M's knew what they were doing when they got rid of the original video surveillance system.

Also quite evident is the fact that the Detectives screwed up on this little detail! Possibly a key piece of evidence gone.

Those 2 Detectives are no longer with HCDP. They should have been in court to testify about this!!! But they weren't, were they? :banghead:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back