Evidence subject to Frye - *UPDATED* 2011.05.09 (ATTN: ALL ORDERS IN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay - let me get this straight in my mind again.

So Dr. Vass has an instrument that can measure some 400 and something elements or let's call them compounds for the sake of simplicity.

So Dr. Vass set his machine to measure 30 compounds only in the air samples from the trunk, but did NOT set it to measure the rest - have I got it so far?Because they didn't have anything to do with decomp but are for unrelated tests? Right?

And JB wants to know what the other 400 or so left on the list that Dr Vass did not use for this test. Still right?

And JB won't know what those are when he finds out what the rest of the list is - Right? LOL :great:

Will someone correct me if I am wrong on the first three paragraphs, please? Don't bother correctling me on #4 - cause I know for sure I got that one right....:innocent:

Well, the instrument is the GC-MS which has been used for decades to identify chemical compounds of all types. This machine is not used exclusively for chemicals found in decomposition. He didn't set it to measure any particular number or type of compound. He used to it to identify whatever was there.

In using this machine, Vass, et. al., have identified chemicals that, in their opinion, are indicative of a decompositional event. It's my understanding that he only relied on 30 of these to form his opinion regarding the air samples sent to him, but, the other 400+ have been identified in human decomp as well. I think it has to do with the fact that it is these 30, that when found together, most reliably indicate decomposition and also distinguishes it from that of an animal (or garbage, etc.)

Well, the instrument is the GC-MS which has been used for decades to identify chemical compounds of all types. This machine is not used exclusively for chemicals found in decomposition. He didn't set it to measure any particular number or type of compound. He used to it to identify whatever was there.

In using this machine, Vass, et. al., have identified chemicals that, in their opinion, are indicative of a decompositional event. It's my understanding that he only relied on 30 of these to form his opinion regarding the air samples sent to him, but, the other 400+ have been identified in human decomp as well. I think it has to do with the fact that it is these 30, that when found together, most reliably indicate decomposition and also distinguishes it from that of an animal (or garbage, etc.)

Even better - HHJP will understand this but JB NEVER will - LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member