Excerpt: Andrea Lyon New Book

I downloaded the book, partly because it was free and partly b/c I'm interested and partly because I resolved to read a book a week in 2011. :crazy:

I have to say, it's a pretty good read so far. I don't know how much of it I'd take as "true" but I think any crime junkie like me would enjoy it.

She (or her ghostwriter?) is a good writer; the stories are interesting and emotionally compelling. I care what happens to her clients.

Of course, the stories are about the innocent or the ones who no one would think should get the DP. There's nothing terribly adversarial or argumentative here.

Even in the case where they knew an innocent man was in prison, first it wasn't her client. I'm not sure she actually knew enough to do anything about it. Second, she talks about how horrible it was for those lawyers to know that and to look for legal ways to reveal that info and not be able to find it. They would have had to give up their careers and all the other people they might help to save that man. While I don't know if I could do that, the problem is with the law, not the lawyers in that case. Personally I think it should fit the exception - the argument could be made that by keeping the secret the innocent man's life was in danger. Of course, the law wouldn't agree with me, but I think it's wrong.

Anyway, all that to say you might want to check it out, especially at this great price!

Reading it also makes me wonder why she bowed out of Casey's case. Was it for fear of ruining her perfect record? Was Casey the wrong kind of client? (IOW, not poor, a minority, uneducated, abused, or alone in the world.) Did AL go into it thinking that she could get Casey to admit what she had done and fight the DP on some grounds but Casey and/or Baez wouldn't go for it?

I don't know. I'm having a hard time putting it down, though.

I downloaded the book for free. It took me 2 hours to read it cover to cover. (I speed read) I noted several points made in the book that I think parallel her approach to KC's case.

I will have to go back and make page notes to post.

I did find the picture of her in her 20's quite pretty. This career has certainly "aged her" so to speak. I don't mean that to be insulting, just my opinion.

andrea20s.JPG

Andrea Lyon's new book, Angel of Death Row: My life as a Death Penalty Defense Lawyer, will be hitting the bookshelves in the next several weeks.

It includes her experience of defending a young mother accused of the murder of her baby girl and she handled the case.

Do you plan on purchasing or reading this book and do you think it will give insight into how she will handle KC's case?

Excerpt from Angel of Death Row by Andrea Lyon

(click on EXCERPT link at top of book cover)

Nope.
Won't buy it.
Won't read it
Doubt I'll miss much as I more then likely get more here anyhow.:rocker:

So sorry ms. lyons
jmo :cow:

I downloaded the book for free. It took me 2 hours to read it cover to cover. (I speed read) I noted several points made in the book that I think parallel her approach to KC's case.

I did find the picture of her in her 20's quite pretty. This career has certainly "aged her" so to speak. I don't mean that to be insulting, just my opinion.

View attachment 13333

The picture you've attached looks like your avatar.

View attachment 13333

OMG! Thanks for posting that pic. Wow, the career sure has aged her, huh?

I have always thought that she was attractive in a handsome way, and thought she went out of her way to try to look nice in the courtroom - but my dear mother would just rip her to shreds, LOL...I'll have to send her a copy of this pic and say I told you so!:rocker:

Nope. I heard all I need to in ALyon's more candid moments in that recorded speech she gave. I care nothing for her prettied up image or stories made for publishing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back